Problems with running older games

I just upgraded to a Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP video card and I've found I'm having problems playing some older games (although I was getting this before, this is now a clean build so I presumed the problems would be gone).

The games I'm having problems with are (so far):
-Simpsons Hit and Run
    -When driving in a car the game randomly speeds up in parts making the car fly across the road and damage, the smoke coming out of the car is also speeded up.

-World at War
    -Frame rate drops, I didn't think I would suffer from this on a game like WaW considering I can run new games fine at 60fps.

-Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
    -Tree animations are sped up and typing in-game is speeded up so when I press the backspace it removes multiple characters instead of one.

Does anyone know the problems? I'd really appreciate a fix or at least what's causing it.

Thanks! 

CPU?

Windows version?

I think I can help on The Simpsons: Hit & Run though. Download http://sharmods.donutteam.com/tools/ (Lucas' Mod manager) and use the frame rate cap option as the car physics break at framerates over 60.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

CPU?

Windows version?

I think I can help on The Simpsons: Hit & Run though. Download http://sharmods.donutteam.com/tools/ (Lucas' Mod manager) and use the frame rate cap option as the car physics break at framerates over 60.

My CPU is the Intel i7-4790k and I'm running Windows 10.

I'll check out the Hit & Run cap, thanks for that.

CPU?

Windows version?

try forcing vsync in nvidia drivers for those specific executables.

other than that, use a 3rd party tool to cap FPS.

Thanks! Hit and Run is running fine now.

Anyone have any ideas about C&C or WaW?

I looked into the FPS problem and it seems that is what is causing the problems with C&C too, when playing online the game removes the FPS cap which causes animations to screw up for some things. Is there a way to force an FPS cap?

Still not sure about WaW, is it possible the game only uses a certain about of GPU power so it's not optimised for full potential?