This is how the imgur community responds to the whole clock controversy

Bloodyvalley

as much as i'd like to say you're wrong, looking at the USA's nukes in my back yard (preverbially, they're not actually in my back yard) they have more problems than that...

Spend some time here, you'd be surprised at just how nasty and fearful of other backgrounds people can be. One hundred years before and after US independence was declared, they had slavery. For a hundred years after that, they had rampant racial inequality pretty much everywhere. After 11/9 happened, there was such a huge divide and sense of aggression towards muslims in US communities that it may as well have been crusade-era England.

I may end up joining you. Especially if You-Know-Who #1 or You-Know-Who #2 become president. I don't trust her to be honest, and I don't trust him not to be a moronic buffoon.

Hey, maybe if we had Him as president, and Boris Johnson as UK Prime Minister, the world would collapse in a paradox of stupidity and moronity :D :D :D

the thing is, you guys have fiber, like you HAVE actual fiber coming into your house.

and its slower than our copper infrastructure...

Yeah, you know why? Because America could use the copper infrastructure it uses for cable TV for internet instead, because they stream unnecessarily huge MPEG-2 video to your set-top-box constantly. If we had that infrastructure freed up, you could easily have 200mb internet here, but the companies are just greedy fucks. Thankfully their profit margins have frozen (because they have no new customers ever) so eventually they'll have no choice but to pipe down.

Spend some time here, you'd be surprised at just how nasty and fearful of other backgrounds people can be. One hundred years before and after US independence was declared, they had slavery. For a hundred years after that, they had rampant racial inequality pretty much everywhere. After 11/9 happened, there was such a huge divide and sense of aggression towards muslims in US communities that it may as well have been crusade-era England.

trust me, i've walked past a terminal for an US-bound flight at the "local" airport (belgium has two decent airports, FML)

when they completely close off a perimeter of 10 meters because a guy with dreads has something odd in his bag...

i've seen enough to never set foot on american soil.

as well as the whole kim dotcom thing.

he may be the world's biggest douchebag (in more ways than one)

but the fact he faces trial in the states, while never have set foot on american soil is just plain fken stupid.

Yeah, you know why? Because America could use the copper infrastructure it uses for cable TV for internet instead, because they stream unnecessarily huge MPEG-2 video to your set-top-box constantly. If we had that infrastructure freed up, you could easily have 200mb internet here, but the companies are just greedy fucks. Thankfully their profit margins have frozen (because they have no new customers ever) so eventually they'll have no choice but to pipe down.

There are many places here that you can get 200+ through cable companies. Generally not advertised alot, and are very expensive, but it's here.

Because yes. Greedy.  

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

trust me, i've walked past a terminal for an US-bound flight at the "local" airport (belgium has two decent airports, FML)

when they completely close off a perimeter of 10 meters because a guy with dreads has something odd in his bag...

i've seen enough to never set foot on american soil.

as well as the whole kim dotcom thing.

he may be the world's biggest douchebag (in more ways than one)

but the fact he faces trial in the states, while never have set foot on american soil is just plain fken stupid.

This is why I want to leave for Europe/Japan and never return. Ever. They're nice there. They don't mind other people as much. People think they do, but they don't.

Hell, I'd move to freaking Taiwan if only to get away from America.

There are many places here that you can get 200+ through cable companies. Generally not advertised alot, and are very expensive, but it's here.

Because yes. Greedy.  

You know what keeps happening when Google Fibre is established somewhere? All of the ISP infrastructure that the ISPs are always bitching is too slow and too expensive and they don't have enough ports for, more than triple in speed overnight. What does that tell you? I mean, AT&T was broken up over less than this!

Because yes. Greedy.  

for €78 i get 200/10 (upload in belgium sucks, i learned to live with it) i get a settop box with a pretty ballin' amount of channels, i get 2 phone numbers and redirecting mobile calls to home phone when i'm connected to home wifi. 3GB 4g bandwidth is also included, as well as access to an ungodly amount of hotspots.

get on my level, states xD

You know what keeps happening when Google Fibre is established somewhere? All of the ISP infrastructure that the ISPs are always bitching is too slow and too expensive and they don't have enough ports for, more than triple in speed overnight. What does that tell you? I mean, AT&T was broken up over less than this!

This is why I want to leave for Europe/Japan and never return. Ever. They're nice there. They don't mind other people as much. People think they do, but they don't.

Hell, I'd move to freaking Taiwan if only to get away from America.

quoting myself from a recent topic about communism/capitalism:

capitalism in the USA hasnt fallen apart yet

yes, i said yet.

Yep.

I'm in Portland, we got free 25Mbps upgrades overnight. Our 25Mbps service became 50. Right now we have 110 (ends up being 125 but yeah). 

I now have 1Gbps availible to me from another provider via fiber. I really dont want it, but do want to see it make my 120Mbps or a 150Mbps service much cheaper. 

Yep.

I'm in Portland, we got free 25Mbps upgrades overnight. Our 25Mbps service became 50. Right now we have 110 (ends up being 125 but yeah). 

I now have 1Gbps availible to me from another provider via fiber. I really dont want it, but do want to see it make my 120Mbps or a 150Mbps service much cheaper. 

stuff like that is actually fairly interesting to see to me.

here it's kinda the other way around: "underdog" ISPs try to compete with the big granddaddy in the region, and the granddaddy is like "mmyeas, very funny, heres 1.7Gbit in a few years mmyeas"

EDIT: should add, the "granddaddy" is VERY proud to be world leader in terms of ISP technology, they were one of the first ISPs worldwide to have their entire network IPv6 ready.

stuff like that is actually fairly interesting to see to me.

here it's kinda the other way around: "underdog" ISPs try to compete with the big granddaddy in the region, and the granddaddy is like "mmyeas, very funny, heres 1.7Gbit in a few years mmyeas"

The funny thing, the Gigabit provider has been in the business as "the" DSL provider. the only other option was cable. Naturally, DSL sucked BADLY and prices were also stupid. Cable was MUCH better, and not terribly more (Okay, it was, but for me it wasnt and it meant 100% uptime versus outages every other day). So now, the crap provider does FTTH.... very interesting. 

Oh, look, anti-America posts. I'm so surprised! Do you guys know how ignorant you come off generalizing an entire nation on the actions of the few? Even moreso when you mention our past like our country is the only one who did such things? You are all nothing but naive hypocrites.

Anyways, onto the point of the thread:

People building the clocks for support are far better than those just buying a clock and taking a picture of it. Like the people posting on twitter holding regular clocks. No, that's not what it looked like. If it honestly looked like a regular clock you buy off the shelves, no one would have responded. At all. -_-

Not trying to defend stupidity, but, we did have  two some of that nationality/religion Attack our country and have been at war with them for awhile so that's part of it.

But we've had white kids expelled because "he made a gun figure with his fingers". 

Overall, it's just theres tons of people that are afraid of what they don't understand.  

...how refreshing.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Ugk87hd.jpg

This surely looks like your average clock :rolleyes: I could never imagine why someone would ever think this was a bomb.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Racial Diversity seems very different over in the states then here in Australia. most people here are accepted and we have VERY little racism, If anything we make to many jokes about it and people from other countries take it to seriously..

But honestly. It could have been any kid in Australia...people will be stupid.

Are you kidding me?! Australia is probably the most racist country in the world!!! You seriously must live under a rock, we even had a government POS rally in that take back Australia bs also do you not remember Cronulla riots?!

Are you kidding me?! Australia is probably the most racist country in the world!!! You seriously must live under a rock, we even had a government POS rally in that take back Australia bs also do you not remember Cronulla riots?!

Lol, Let me put it this way. Over 90 people per day are killed in gun violence in the US.

a lot of those deaths are racial stimulated. And or Cause riots that make Cronulla look like a field day. (Not to mention the Cronulla riots where nearly 11 years ago.)

I would submit to you, that you Sir are the one living under the rock, when your only "proof" is one riot 11 years ago. And even then in comparison too riots that happen in the USA daily over police supposed "racially targeted shootings". Its not even funny.

Australia is one of the most (if not the most) racial diverse country's in the world. And to have a crime and violence level so low is amazing.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Lol, Let me put it this way. Over 90 people per day are killed in gun violence in the US.

a lot of those deaths are racial stimulated. And or Cause riots that make Cronulla look like a field day. (Not to mention the Cronulla riots where nearly 11 years ago.)

I would submit to you, that you Sir are the one living under the rock, when your only "proof" is one riot 11 years ago. And even then in comparison too riots that happen in the USA daily over police supposed "racially targeted shootings". Its not even funny.

Australia is one of the most (if not the most) racial diverse country's in the world. And to have a crime and violence level so low is amazing.

Edit: Nvm i just realized im having this conversation with someone on a tech forum.