This is how the imgur community responds to the whole clock controversy

Bloodyvalley

bXnhXpK.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/bXnhXpK

Pretty damn cool!

Imgur community is quite activist, I must say. Which is a good thing, of course!

EDIT: (for those who are not in the know)

Some 14 year old kid got arrested yesterday for bringing a clock to school that he built himself. He showed it to his engineering teacher but he said that he should hide it. Ahmed hid it but it accidentally rang in English class. The English teacher called the principal, who came with a police officer and put a set of handcuffs on him. He was then interrogated. Here's Philip DeFranco's take on it, which I particularly appreciated:

https://www.facebook.com/DeFrancoNation/videos/10153602463329407/

Here was Ahmed's reaction to his arrest (yes, he was actually in a NASA T-Shirt)

vFEp17m.jpg

Barack Obama actually responded to the whole controversy. Here's his tweet:

630597566a39fadb60204ceba314446d.png

Oh Texas...

12004906_688249701319870_584354396973235

This is awesome! :D

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

WATCH OUT! IT MAY BE STEALING YOUR SOUL!

-shakes crucifix-

/s

stuff like this is what i like about the internet.

Can someone please explain "whole clock controversy"?

I live in Australia, News takes awhile to get to us Via Kangaroo Internet.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Pretty damn cool!

Imgur community is quite activist, I must say. Which is a good thing, of course!

I love how they thought it looked like an IED despite not being attached to an explosive unit.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

some kid was assumed a terrorist b/c america thinks all middle eastern people are bombers

he brought a home made clock to school as a project and they tnought it was a bomb

edited the post :)

some kid was assumed a terrorist b/c america thinks all middle eastern people are bombers

he brought a home made clock to school as a project and they tnought it was a bomb

Lol. If It seems to have wires and be legit, It must be legit..

I would say something like "Only in America" but I'm sure stupid people are everywhere.

And thanks for the explanation:)

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

A Muslim kid made a DIY clock, he brought it into school to show his teacher but they thought it was a bomb, so he got arrested. The charges were dropped, but he's still suspended and wants to transfer schools. 

"Rawr XD"

Lol. If It seems to have wires and be legit, It must be legit..

I would say something like "Only in America" but I'm sure stupid people are everywhere.

But let's be realistic, it is America. If it was a white kid, there wouldn't have been that big of a scene.

"Rawr XD"

my 200Mbit rusty coax feels sorry for your isp being incompetent about its infrastructure.

But let's be realistic, it is America. If it was a white kid, there wouldn't have been that big of a scene.

Racial Diversity seems very different over in the states then here in Australia. most people here are accepted and we have VERY little racism, If anything we make to many jokes about it and people from other countries take it to seriously..

But honestly. It could have been any kid in Australia...people will be stupid.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

my 200Mbit rusty coax feels sorry for your isp being incompetent about its infrastructure.

Sitting here on the forums whilst DOTA 2 is being re-installed at a blistering 250kbps, Stand back, It might explode.

Sorry for the terrible pun.

Edited by Mcmole

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Sitting here on the forums whilst DOTA 2 is being re-installed at a blistering 250kbps, Stand back, It might time travel.

i *actually* cannot grasp what the issue is in areas like australia.

my isp's infrastructure has rust on it. like the data cables themselves are corroded.

pulling 200Mbit just fine, over the same line that started us out with just a few megabits in 2002.

--

well, we'll see how they handle the future, there may or may not be sources on 1.7Gbit in a few years...

my isp's infrastructure has rust on it. like the data cables themselves are corroded.

pulling 200Mbit just fine, over the same line that started us out with just a few megabits in 2002.

--

well, we'll see how they handle the future, there may or may not be sources on 1.7Gbit in a few years...

Distance, probably.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Racial Diversity seems very different over in the states then here in Australia. most people here are accepted and we have VERY little racism, If anything we make to many jokes about it and people from other countries take it to seriously..

America's history is grounded in racial inequality, and the war on terror(oil liberation) hasn't helped matters. The united states just doesn't like people who aren't wealthy white men.

Distance, probably.

i'll give you that, my isp is quite good at having the shitty infrastructure (coax) be as short as they humanly can.

theres places where you pretty much hook straight into the "N*10Gbit fiber backbone"

gotta love speedtests with 1ms ping.

Distance, probably.

Sometimes this^

But 95% of the time its just the fact we still run on copper lines.

Fiber is only a thing for new homes.

But in my case its both (living 4km from the exchange and all).

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

America's history is grounded in racial inequality, and the war on terror(oil liberation) hasn't helped matters. The united states just doesn't like people who aren't wealthy white men.

as much as i'd like to say you're wrong, looking at the USA's nukes in my back yard (preverbially, they're not actually in my back yard) they have more problems than that...

--

here in 'Murica, they have reels and reels of fiber optic cable that are sitting outside doing nothing, because the cable companies are still trying to force DSL down our throats.

Europe is more civilized. Can I come over there for a visit? Maybe, like, 70+ years? :D

Not trying to defend stupidity, but, we did have  two some of that nationality/religion Attack our country and have been at war with them for awhile so that's part of it.

But we've had white kids expelled because "he made a gun figure with his fingers". 

Overall, it's just theres tons of people that are afraid of what they don't understand.  

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Sometimes this^

But 95% of the time its just the fact we still run on copper lines.

Fiber is only a thing for new homes.

But in my case its both (living 4km from the exchange and all).

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/thick-coaxial-cable-19346703.jpg

this was my ISP's best choice they made in terms of infrastructure.

here in 'Murica, they have reels and reels of fiber optic cable that are sitting outside doing nothing, because the cable companies are still trying to force DSL down our throats.

Europe is more civilized. Can I come over there for a visit? Maybe, like, 70+ years? :D

the thing is, you guys have fiber, like you HAVE actual fiber coming into your house.

and its slower than our copper infrastructure...

I may end up joining you. Especially if You-Know-Who #1 or You-Know-Who #2 become president. I don't trust her to be honest, and I don't trust him not to be a moronic buffoon. (I dunno why I'm not naming names. Maybe just for fun? :D)

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.