Why am I still seeing Ad's on youtube with two different adblockers installed?

Profoundsoup

According to the 8 people who have gone to jail for using it.....

http://betanews.com/2015/04/21/adblock-plus-proves-its-not-illegal/

https://www.quora.com/Is-AdBlock-legal-If-not-specifically-why-not

https://adblockplus.org/blog/restating-the-obvious-adblocking-declared-legal

yeah sorry couldn't find anything about 8 people being arrested or anyone being arrested for adblock

If you are not a moderator, do not try to act like one

If you are, then this adblock issue should be talked about with other mods and see if any of them agrees especially linus 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

http://betanews.com/2015/04/21/adblock-plus-proves-its-not-illegal/

https://www.quora.com/Is-AdBlock-legal-If-not-specifically-why-not

https://adblockplus.org/blog/restating-the-obvious-adblocking-declared-legal

yeah sorry couldn't find anything about 8 people being arrested or anyone being arrested for adblock

If you are not a moderator, do not try to act like one

If you are, then this adblock issue should be talked about with other mods and see if any of them agrees especially linus

Hmmm. I am not a moderator. I am stating this.

You are looking in the wrong places.

http://thepcspy.com/read/how_to_block_adblock/

It is against the DCMA to use Adblock.

Hmmm. I am not a moderator. I am stating this.

You are looking in the wrong places.

Hmm interesting article

but what does it mean by "Adblock-blocker-blockers is illegal"?  Does it mean that people who is trying to block the blocking of adblock will be arrested?  If that is the case then using adblock isn't against the DCMA..but I'm open to corrections

Also I don't see anything about adblock in DCMA...but again feel free to correct me

Is not against DMCA to use adblock.

Ads are not DRM.

Linus doesn't even mentions anything about it being illegal

To finish things up, if this were illegal, some mod would have already locked this.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Is not against DMCA to use adblock.

Ads are not DRM.

Linus doesn't even mentions anything about it being illegal

To finish things up, if this were illegal, some mod would have already locked this.

Fine, next time you work really hard on a video, I'll make sure you get absolutely nothing in return.

Fine, next time you work really hard on a video, I'll make sure you get absolutely nothing in return.

That's your choice, I will never force you to turn off adblock if you don't want to.

So I guess Adblock was never illegal in the first place?  Therefore that article you sent me never was about adblock being illegal for DMCA rules but stated that trying to block someone's attempt to block adblock is illegal...That is what I took from this article

my sources were probably legitimate so luckily I looked at the right places

Again no search came up about someone being arrested for trying to block ads...Not a single source and if someone did..They must have done it in a malicious way

Unless the linustech mods or you see linus stating  that adblock is illegal.....It is not illegal

That's your choice, I will never force you to turn off adblock if you don't want to.

True....I have the choice to allow ads on certain sites I want to stay alive but disable ads on sites I don't care about...

So I guess Adblock was never illegal in the first place?  Therefore that article you sent me never was about adblock being illegal for DMCA rules but stated that trying to block someone's attempt to block adblock is illegal...That is what I took from this article

my sources were probably legitimate so luckily I looked at the right places

no it is still illegal.

no it is still illegal.

Again where is the source?

where has peoples integrity gone?

No source but just random comebacks that doesn't explain your POV...You should know better

It is not illegal PERIOD....

Edit: next time put your links in your previous comments so I won't have to re edit my comment....Looking at this pdf file...I would like you to point where it says that it is illegal to adblock....I want an article at least not a fifty page amendment of DMCA rules that dated back 1998.....

Also people have choices to block ads and allow them..Integrity doesn't matter in ads....If you have a good job, those ads will be 1/4 of your daily cash

No source but just random comebacks that doesn't explain your POV...You should know better

It is not illegal PERIOD....

Did you read the article i sent.

Did you read the article i sent.

Yes but its too long for me to read it ...So I'm asking you to point it out where it states that adblock is illegal...I just don't want to waste my time looking at 50 pages

I would assume you already found the part where adblock is illegal to their terms

I like reading articles but this is not an article, it is the 50 pages of DMCA rules and I don't like reading those kinds of things

Yes but its too long for me to read it ...So I'm asking you to point it out where it states that adblock is illegal...I just don't want to waste my time looking at 50 pages assuming you would find the part where adblock is illegal to their terms

I like reading articles but this is not an article, it is the 50 pages of DMCA rules and I don't like reading those kinds of things

By viewing ads, you pay for content.

by disabling the loading of said ads, you are not paying for the content.

According to US law, not paying for "pay content" is considered piracy and is illegal.

Therefor the use of adblock is illegal.

Using adblock is not directly illegal, but the way in which millions use it is.

By viewing ads, you pay for content.

by disabling the loading of said ads, you are not paying for the content.

According to US law, not paying for "pay content" is considered piracy and is illegal.

Therefor the use of adblock is illegal.

Using adblock is not directly illegal, but the way in which millions use it is.

So I am paying for ads I see on youtube?  Confused..So does money come out of my paycheck or something if I view those ads?  I'm not a 100 percent expert for this one

The article you sent me was in 1998...Lord knows how laws have changed at this point....

So using adblock is illegal but using adblock is not directly illegal??? ummm clarify a little more on that one...So are those millions of people being arrested?..Has there even been an article besides those 50 pages of DMCA laws that states that adblock is illegal?  At the same time..This pdf was made before the internet became a huge thing with ads and stuff...So if adblock at all isn't in there then I can't take the words in the DMCA for granted....While adblock has economic consenquences..it doesn't make it illegal

So I am paying for ads I see on youtube?  Confused..So does money come out of my paycheck or something if I view those ads?  I'm not a 100 percent expert for this one

The article you sent me was in 1998...Lord knows how laws have changed at this point....

So using adblock is illegal but using adblock is not directly illegal??? ummm clarify a little more on that one...So are those millions of people being arrested?..Has there even been an article besides those 50 pages of DMCA laws that states that adblock is illegal?  At the same time..This article was made before the internet became a huge thing with ads and stuff...So if adblock at all isn't in there then I can't take that word for granted....While adblock has economic consenquences..it doesn't make it illegal

No the ads are what are paying for the content, unless the creator licenses it under Creative Commons, and states that you can watch for free.

also, adblock can be used to block elements that cause issues for mobile devices, it can also tell you how many external sources are connected to the website. (Adblock can do more than you think).

No the ads are what are paying for the content, unless the creator licenses it under Creative Commons, and states that you can watch for free.

also, adblock can be used to block elements that cause issues for mobile devices, it can also tell you how many external sources are connected to the website. (Adblock can do more than you think).

Yes adblock can cause issues for mobile devices, doesn't make it illegal and it may do other things that probably doesn't make it illegal too....

Ah understandable, Again I can already see that adblock causes economic consenquences but nowhere in my sources says it is illegal...Also since I am not paying for paid content on ads when I can see it for free without paying anything..Then it is not illegal to adblock.....Also I believe piracy is where you are getting a product or something you are supposed to pay for but instead you get it for free in illegal ways...blocking ads does not fit that category whatsoever

I do disable adblock here and on Lunus's channels, I only enable it on sites that I know use annoying ads, it's my choice and it's not illegal.

I do disable adblock here and on Lunus's channels, I only enable it on sites that I know use annoying ads, it's my choice and it's not illegal.

Like i always stated again, it had economic consequences but that doesn't mean it is illegal...i believe my point was already made that adblock is nowhere near piracy and it was never illegal in the first place

Like i always stated again, it had economic consequences but that doesn't mean it is illegal...i believe my point was already made that adblock is nowhere near piracy and it was never illegal in the first place

I know.

I know.

Yep, Now we can focus on the OP's problem if its not solved already

Yup, it happened last week. Ad blockers are useless in chrome. Switch to firefox or find an alternative.

I use adblockplus and they aren't there.