Can you run a game off of a USB? *This may be a dumb

Rafa116
Go to solution Solved by Zayzo,

Yes. I played halo and minecraft off a usb in class 

So I am in class right now (lol) and I my Digital Interactive Media teacher says that we cant download games onto the computer because he doesn't want it to be all cluttered and jacked up

So my question is could I put a game onto my flash drive and run it off of there?

Would I download onto the computer automatically?

Once again this may be a dumb question but I was just wondering because I have a lot of down time in this class

Thanks in advance!

yes. but don't its gonna be painfull to play

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I have seen Photoshop being run of a USB. So it probably can be done.

I have an i5 and many other things

it might be possible with some games

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

Yes, I played GTA 4 off of a Corsair USB 3.0 Flash drive. It was not bad.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Yeah sure and actually copying a game from usb to the internal hdd of the computer isn't downloading, it's copying.

Downloading is getting a game of the internet, and that's something else. So if you copy it and he says "no downloading allowed" you can say you didn't do that :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

It's fully possible, but if the USB is some cheap shit youre not gonna have a good time, ofcourse it needs to have enough storage capacity for the game files.

Yes. I played halo and minecraft off a usb in class 

What Halo were you playing off of a USB?

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

yes. but don't its gonna be painfull to play

Depends on the drive, as long as you don't have some junk drive it wont be painful at all. A decent flash drive will outclass some hard drives in terms on sequential speeds, and I don't mean the ones with SSD controllers.

Going by HDTune, the sequential numbers are fine, not amazing, but faster than low rpm drives. Not 100% sure if the HDD is having a bad day or what... I'll probably look into that later.

Left to right - 840 Evo, HGST Ultrastar 7k4000, Leef Magnet

QlQLe.jpg

kMW42.jpg