Simplest language to start with?

Go to solution Solved by linusforsell,

Indeed, VB.NET is probably the easiest, but I would suggest starting with C++. It's very forgiving, and there are tons of learning resources. You could also look into Java, but it has a slightly higher level of entry. Or you could look into something like PHP (which the picky maybe wouldn't consider a "programming language", more of a scripting language) to learn the most fundamental parts of how to run code and then progress into the real stuff, like C++.

Hey Guys,

After thinking about it, I want to start learning how to program, but quickly got confused as to which language to start with, so what do you guys think I should start with? I have almost no knowledge in terms of programming BTW

Indeed, VB.NET is probably the easiest, but I would suggest starting with C++. It's very forgiving, and there are tons of learning resources. You could also look into Java, but it has a slightly higher level of entry. Or you could look into something like PHP (which the picky maybe wouldn't consider a "programming language", more of a scripting language) to learn the most fundamental parts of how to run code and then progress into the real stuff, like C++.

Cheers,

Linus

i am starting now with c++

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Thanks all. I'll try VB.NET and C++ then, English seems way too hard at the moment, took me a ton of research and 10 different dictionaries just to make this statement...

python is a good entry, and useful later 

Before doing PHP, I would recommend doing HTML/CSS and JavaScript. PHP is mostly a server side script, but it's very similar to JavaScript.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I would have to disagree. Java, having no pointers, a garbage collector, and the Oracle Java Docs (imo, the best documentation of any language), is a breeze to learn.

Watch this! 

Then figure it out yourself, which program you want to learn....

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K ( raped to 4.4Ghz) | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix

Case: Fractal Design DefineR3Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100 & 1TB Samsung Whatevs | Display(s): ASUS MG279Q1x Cheap LG Shit

PSU: Corsair HX650 or something | Cooling: Corsair H80i | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure | Sound: SoundBlaster Recon3D PCI-e

I'm already tried Java and PHP. And now I might consider to start with C++

I started with C++, its a harder language to learn at first but once you master it all other languages ( save assembly) are simple, though after you learn you first language you van pick up other ones like a sponge. 

I started with C++, its a harder language to learn at first but once you master it all other languages ( save assembly) are simple, though after you learn you first language you van pick up other ones like a sponge. 

because of the order you learned is java and C# half why can't I and half thats so easy?

because of the order you learned is java and C# half why can't I and half thats so easy?

Everyone is different in how they learn, however in my experience those who start with a C language can easily pick up others without a hitch as C languages are very anal in syntax and how things are done. programming is a hard concept and everyone learns in a different way, just in my experience there has not been a language that I have really had any problems with, is it to say programming is easy? No of course not what might be trivial to me might be like rocket science to someone else. 

Personally, I think C is a great language to start with, once you're good with C then I would recommend stepping up to a higher level language like C++ or Java.