GTA V crashes with crossfire enabled (R9 Fury)

So, ever since I upgraded from a single R9 290 to crossfire R9 Fury

I have been experiencing crash issues in GTA V.

When using 15.7.1 driver I would get a random crash withing 10~20 minutes of gameplay.

After updating to Catalyst 15.8 I get a crash after 30~60 seconds of gameplay.

If I disable crossfire then the crash is not an issue at a reduced performance of course...

So I was wondering how in hell do reviewers get to run it and do benchmarks with crossfire enabled and does anyone of you experience same isseus?

Windows 7 64-bit

16GB

R9 Fury (2x crossfire)

Catalyst 15.8

Latest GTA V patch

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Does it give you a crash code ?

does it crash with any other games ( bf4 or other ? )

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

@Mihemine

Tomb Rider 2013 and Crysis 3 work just fine.

The game itself does not give any crash code,

however there is a Windows Event Viewer entry which read the following:

Faulting application name: GTAVLauncher.exe, version: 1.0.440.2, time stamp: 0x55ccaba2
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x898
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0e87ce6d0f525
Faulting application path: E:\Games\GTA V\GTAVLauncher.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: e52ba7be-5470-11e5-a921-d8cb8a1c5d8b

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

c'mon guys... need help

Is there some kind of specific setting to make it work maybe?

R* support just basically spamms me with generic responses, like is your C++ redistributable installed, is your audio output device properly configured, have you tried installing video drivers....

c'mon guys... need help

Is there some kind of specific setting to make it work maybe?

R* support just basically spamms me with generic responses, like is your C++ redistributable installed, is your audio output device properly configured, have you tried installing video drivers....

I really don't know, 

0xc0000005 means that the program is trying to get access to memory that is reserved ( although idk if that's vram or system ram )

I really don't know, 

0xc0000005 means that the program is trying to get access to memory that is reserved ( although idk if that's vram or system ram )

The error cause from Microsoft reads as follows:

"This issue occurs because of a race condition. When a thread tries to close the handle to an object that is being destroyed, the operation fails."

Also the error occurs in "GTAVLauncher.exe", from that I would deduce that Launcher is trying to do something with "GTAV.exe" where the game itself runs, that crashed unexpectedly, hence the error while closing the handle.

That I believe is a generic error whenever GTA V crashes, so it's not helpful in any kind =(

The error cause from Microsoft reads as follows:

"This issue occurs because of a race condition. When a thread tries to close the handle to an object that is being destroyed, the operation fails."

Also the error occurs in "GTAVLauncher.exe", from that I would deduce that Launcher is trying to do something with "GTAV.exe" where the game itself runs, that crashed unexpectedly, hence the error while closing the handle.

That I believe is a generic error whenever GTA V crashes, so it's not helpful in any kind =(

One thing I saw is that you have the game installed one E:

maybe install it on the main OS drive to test that ?

One thing I saw is that you have the game installed one E:

maybe install it on the main OS drive to test that ?

I'm sorry, but that is supposed to help how exactly?

The game still runs without Crossfire enabled...

did you remove the 15.7.1 drivers or just over write them?

I.... always just run the setup...

Try running the Display Driver Uninstaller (google is your friend) and then install the new drivers again. 

There we go, it appears that GTAV does not support crossfire, and all the benchmarks we saw online with crossfire performance are a lie.

I would like to call out @Slick and everyone else to please stop spreading lies and false benchmarks, you are actively providing customers with false information and misguiding them into buying expensive hardware that is not supported by modern games on the market.

yrbXqfw.png