Heaven Society - Week 60 Anime Poll (Anime Classics)

TheProfosist

Anything "cat" is good.

So what do you think the choices are?

what they are? 

I think they are good, too many though so it makes it hard to choice for me :D

I like them all.

is three choices not enough?

Ofc lol

oh, didnt even read anything, only checked the choices :D

well re-vote then!

well you knew people wouldn't read an anime club thread

its in the poll too

its in the poll too

like I said... I imagine it would not be hard to mess with people voting by having the images out of order on the first post.

like I said... I imagine it would not be hard to mess with people voting by having the images out of order on the first post.

So howd I do on the pictures BTW?

There is something about "His and Her Circumstances" that freaks me out a little bit. That dude holding the swing looks creepy as fuck. 

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Well, since Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou and Excel Saga are both on my plan to watch, I voted for those.

I'm not comfortable referring to Love Hina as a classic lol. Even if it "broke ground" for harems, it just seems wrong.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Damn, I don't know any of these.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I wanted Serial Experiments Lain

Now i have a vote left mmm, Outlaw Star looks good.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Well, since Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou and Excel Saga are both on my plan to watch, I voted for those.

I'm not comfortable referring to Love Hina as a classic lol. Even if it "broke ground" for harems, it just seems wrong.

hey im willing to discuss what a classic is if you would like.

Damn, I don't know any of these.

which is good cause that's kinda the point and how it should be. Or you should normally be voting for the this you havnt seen yet. Broaden your horizons!

I wanted Serial Experiments Lain

Now i have a vote left mmm, Outlaw Star looks good.

ABe's stuff doesnt really fit but it was considered.

No Evangalion? That's an amazing classic :c

Or, G Gundam.

Vote for Tenchi.  Tenchi started the harem franchise, has scifi, comedy, and is held in high praise.  The only two worth watching = Tenchi and Outlaw Star.  Tenchi develops powers similar to alchemy at one point with the wings of the light hawk.  He can shift anything into anything he wants.

You should be able to figure out what I was trying to do with it and it not "hey lets hey these giant super popular anime that everyone knows due it out". Plus Eva did shaped the 90s it shaped the entire market period.

That statement is just wrong especially if you havent seen all of these. Also dont expect Tenchi to be anything like FMA even though you can stretch a comparison.

There's no Seikai no Monshou / Seikai no Senki in the list. Redo next week :)

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Harems FTW!

Like the setup looks nice and works well. Great job. Cast my votes.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's more happy like the original series not that dark as fuck Brotherhood version. I was just comparing some powers was all. However, G Gundam did help the mech/robot market by bringing in martial arts happy dbz fans.

Brotherhood is not that dark... And the original had to be the way it was to draw people in. I think of it as a more modern Trigun. I'd love to see more of the other side of Trigun actually.

The later statement with G Gundam and DBZ is exactly what I wasn't aiming for and other good reason.

There's no Seikai no Monshou / Seikai no Senki in the list. Redo next week :)

Probs not. Next will be 00's and maybe early 00's at that. Might be nice to have a 80's week too.

Like the setup looks nice and works well. Great job. Cast my votes.

And the founder appears!

I think of it as a more modern Trigun.

How so? They're completely different to me. In fact I can't think of anything I'd consider to be a "more modern" Trigun (well, maybe Badlands Rumble).

Poll ends soon?

I can end it but someone like you or @Charger will have to make the thread. I just got off a 10hr shift at work and open tomorrow. Hopefully that understandable and cool.

If you are doing 80's then you need Ronin Warriors, Dirty Pair, Fist of the North Star, Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac, and Lupin III part III[first 2 parts=70s].

Oh, and you can't compare FMA or Tenchi to Trigun.  Trigun is more like Outlaw Star as is Tenchi.

Well see.

I can compare FMA to Trigun see the response below.

How so? They're completely different to me. In fact I can't think of anything I'd consider to be a "more modern" Trigun (well, maybe Badlands Rumble).

What im looking at here is the fact that at face level they are both pretty actiony mainstream anime and it sells fine just with that. At the same time though they both have a pretty deep backend that supports the story that helps keep the interest of your more "experienced viewers". I hope this makes sense I dont think that those are the best words really. This would be in relation to the original FMA series to clarify.

The Poll is Closed!

LTT%20Anime%20Club%20-%20Closed%20Week%2

The winners are:

Outlaw Star (at 9 votes)

Love Hina (at 10 votes)

His and Her Circumstances (at 9 votes)

Tenchi Universe (at 10 votes)

It also seems like either you like this week or didnt care so expect more of these!

Also all of these anime are a great watch so ad them to your lists NAO!

Anyone ever notice how nothing I vote for ever wins, even in my own damn polls. lol :P

What im looking at here is the fact that at face level they are both pretty actiony mainstream anime and it sells fine just with that. At the same time though they both have a pretty deep backend that supports the story that helps keep the interest of your more "experienced viewers". I hope this makes sense I dont think that those are the best words really. This would be in relation to the original FMA series to clarify.

Oh, you meant in such broad and general terms... I see. I don't really disagree with that.

It's hard to gauge how much more modern FMA is compared to Trigun, though. Both meld old and new themes and narrative styles, and so at first blush I'd probably say they're very similar in those regards (speaking about the mangas, anyway.. the various anime date themselves a bit more readily).