Best 2.1 Speakers priced below $80 for gaming and music

Hi! I just built my rig and I have no speakers for it. I intend to spend no more than $80 on it because I am also saving up for additional upgrades down the road*. My choices:

Swans HiVi M10 @ $73

Altec Lansing VS4721 @ $72

Logitech Z623 @ $78

I converted the speakers' prices in my country to USD.

*Seagate Barracuda 3TB, Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (White), Corsair K65

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

Hi! I just built my rig and I have no speakers for it. I intend to spend no more than $80 on it because I am also saving up for additional upgrades down the road*. My choices:

Swans HiVi M10 @ $73

Altec Lansing VS4721 @ $72

Logitech Z623 @ $78

I converted the speakers' prices in my country to USD.

*Seagate Barracuda 3TB, Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (White), Corsair K65

Logitech Z623 of the ones you've chose.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Logitech Z623 of the ones you've chose.

Really? I hear the Swans have great music clarity and cleaner bass (but lesser than the Logitechs).

I'm not much of an audiophile but I cringe at bad audio. Can you explain why I should go for the Logitech?

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Really? I hear the Swans have great music clarity and cleaner bass (but lesser than the Logitechs).

I'm not much of an audiophile but I cringe at bad audio. Can you explain why I should go for the Logitech?

I would lean toward the Swans for richer sound. But I can't recommend them unless you plan to do something creative with the subwoofer. If you notice, they've placed the volume knob on the subwoofer.

Do you have enough room on your desk for two speakers and a subwoofer?

I use Logitech's Z313 which I've been very happy with, they're $49 USD, I would expect the Z623 to be even better. I've never heard of Swans and have not seen Altec Lansing speakers in over a decade.

I would lean toward the Swans for richer sound. But I can't recommend them unless you plan to do something creative with the subwoofer. If you notice, they've placed the volume knob on the subwoofer.

I used to keep my receiver on my floor.

I got quite used to foot control

Besides, it's a pretty small subwoofer

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm not going with the Swans anymore because I'll enjoy the booming bass of Logitech/Creative more for all of the games I play...

I use Logitech's Z313 which I've been very happy with, they're $49 USD, I would expect the Z623 to be even better. I've never heard of Swans and have not seen Altec Lansing speakers in over a decade.

Apologies. The Z623 is way off my budget. I meant to type Z523. The Altec Lansing was recommended by my musician friend

I used to keep my receiver on my floor.

I got quite used to foot control

Besides, it's a pretty small subwoofer

Haha foot control :D love it.

I'm not going with the Swans anymore because I'll enjoy the booming bass of Logitech/Creative more for all of the games I play...

Apologies. The Z623 is way off my budget. I meant to type Z523. The Altec Lansing was recommended by my musician friend

Haha foot control :D love it.

And booming bass is what you shall have  ;)

And booming bass is what you shall have ;)

Nice for games.

Not so nice for music

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

And booming bass is what you shall have  ;)

Nice for games.

Not so nice for music

It's cool. I've got a nice pair of headphones (handed down to me by my dad) for listening music. Besides, I'm not an audiophile and so long as it doesn't sound stupidly horrendous, it's all good in my book :)