How much could I sell a PS2 w/ McBoot on 160GB HDD for?

EvilWiffles

I'm planning to get some extra cash up for a mechanical keyboard and wondering how much I can sell an old system I never touch.

It has MCBoot on memory card, a USB for applications, and comes with controller and power cables/av cables.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Like $50. I'd honestly keep it. I ahve on with an 80GB and it's my pride and joy since my modded Xbox died.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

PS2 is an absolute classic but it's so common that it's not worth anything. You'll be lucky to get $20 for it and you'll also be sorry you let it out of your hands...

I see. Guess I'll keep it. I never really touch it since my PC can handle emulation now lol.

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

$40-50 if it's mint

The only thing modified is the network adapter. It's a pretty old version of the FAT PS2, so it's somewhat loud :/.

The only thing modified is the network adapter. It's a pretty old version of the FAT PS2, so it's somewhat loud :/.

That's just what I've been offered for my brand new looking fat PS2.

I have no idea how modding it affects its value... But mine does not have the network adapter at all.

I wouldn't expect much more the $50 though.

System: Thinkpad T460

This reminds me of the trip I made to GameStop a few years ago with my PS2 copies of God of War 1 and 2.  I wanted to trade them in to get the up-scaled PS3 versions. 

The employee suggested I just keep them instead of taking $1.50 for them both.  

So... I did. I don't think they've moved off the shelf since I brought them back home. 

It was a pretty good idea to sell my PS2 before the PS3 came out. I got 120€ for it. :P
Now I've only my Gamecube sitting around. 

That reminds me that I need the special driver bit from iFixIt to clean it...  <_<

I sold my Xbox 360 (No idea why I even bought one in the first place) for quite a bit on Craigslist, it was bought fast.

I have a feeling I can somehow manage to do the same for this one. The controller is stiff as hell though... No idea how I managed to play so many games on this system lol.

I see. Guess I'll keep it. I never really touch it since my PC can handle emulation now lol.

It's funny. My PC can definitely handle emulation, but I am on the journey of putting MCBoot on a memory card specifically to play PS2 games on my PS2 over the network from my PC. 

The reason why? Emulation isn't perfect. Sure, it's like 80-90% perfect, and that's good enough for most people, but some games just can't work yet, or have annoying issues you have to deal with if you emulate them. 

http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html

Plus, with a PS2, I can have friends play on that while I use my PC for wtv. Getting that on PC is somewhat difficult among other things (having to configure the emulation program for certain games can be a hassle). 

I like the idea of "turn it on -> Start game" over what emulation offers for some reason. 

I'd still emulate other systems as I don't own them and don't want clutter, but I keep my PS2 because I grew up with it. :P

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's funny. My PC can definitely handle emulation, but I am on the journey of putting MCBoot on a memory card specifically to play PS2 games on my PS2 over the network from my PC. 

The reason why? Emulation isn't perfect. Sure, it's like 80-90% perfect, and that's good enough for most people, but some games just can't work yet, or have annoying issues you have to deal with if you emulate them. 

http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html

Plus, with a PS2, I can have friends play on that while I use my PC for wtv. Getting that on PC is somewhat difficult among other things (having to configure the emulation program for certain games can be a hassle). 

I like the idea of "turn it on -> Start game" over what emulation offers for some reason. 

I'd still emulate other systems as I don't own them and don't want clutter, but I keep my PS2 because I grew up with it. :P

I've installed McBoot because some games weren't compatible yet for PCSX2 but most of those games were easily played on Dolphin. I loved the PS2 though, I grew up mostly with the PS2. It's just a hassle with all the cables cluttering my all ready messy desk, so I never have it setup anymore.

Anyways, I'm going to try to sell it for $60 on Craigslist. Never know if anyone would actually take the deal or not.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/5210871994.html