Was this taken with a DSLR?

Gala

11947631_998629980168183_700822955990226

This DOF is impossible with a normal phone camera, so i suspect DSRL or some semi-DSRL?

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Maybe?

I'm sure it's not impossible with a phone camera, just requires a good enough camera.

Though probably was a DSLR.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I mean, maybe. Some phones actually have some pretty good depth of field, you just have to really mess with it. Most likely a DSLR or similar camera with manual control.

Looks like a terrible photoshop edit. Like some guassian blur in the background and then a cut in  picture of the lady. Looks terrible. And if it was taken by a DSLR they one who took it probably didn't know what he/she was doing. Or maybe tried to be artistic donno but I think it looks bad.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

The bokeh isn't good - it's annoying rather than redirecting attention to the subject. And there doesn't seem to be that much detail in the shadows. I'd say it's not a DSLR - can be a phone or small dedicated camera.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

Like look at the size of the kids and then the lady. And the DoF looks more like its unfocused or something since some stuff seems kind of in focus wich probably shouldn't be.

snip

Maybe, maybe not.  Can't tell exactly as the metadata has been wiped clean, but looking at the file name it looks like you took the photo from Facebook.  So statistically speaking it was likely taken with a phone camera, or a compact camera.  This level of DOF is not impossible with a phone, the subject has to be close and the background just has to be far enough.

If I'm wrong and it was taken with a DSLR, the tog is a complete amateur.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Looks like a terrible photoshop edit. Like some guassian blur in the background and then a cut in  picture of the lady. Looks terrible. And if it was taken by a DSLR they one who took it probably didn't know what he/she was doing. Or maybe tried to be artistic donno but I think it looks bad.

Girl to stupid for any Photoshop work.

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Maybe a Galaxy S4? Thats the only one i can think in her range.

Girl to stupid for any Photoshop work.

Haha it would have been like a 5 min photoshop work to achive something better.

I doubt that is DSLR, I also doubt fake DOF done in PS, for someone faking it there would be a rather great amount of feathering around the girl, I want to say a smartphone or some compact camera.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

Haha it would have been like a 5 min photoshop work to achive something better.

"Instructions unclear, tit stuck in celling fan"

... it looks like you took the photo from Facebook.

That would explain the horrible compression.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

I doubt that is DSLR, I also doubt fake DOF done in PS, for someone faking it there would be a rather great amount of feathering around the girl, I want to say a smartphone or some compact camera.

Well yeah but the lady seems so big compared to the kids and really the image is too low quality to really see, since there is some feathering like effect around the lady. Especially around the hair and bottom of the blue shirt and the jeans. Its hard to tell. But probably isn't but I would like to think there is a possibility for it.

it i likely a newer phone, i mean i got a shot with some nice depth on my zenfone 2

Hst0agt.jpg

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Well yeah but the lady seems so big compared to the kids and really the image is too low quality to really see, since there is some feathering like effect around the lady. Especially around the hair and bottom of the blue shirt and the jeans. Its hard to tell. But probably isn't but I would like to think there is a possibility for it.

That's because of perspective.  She is standing closer to the photographer than those kids who appear to be at least 10m away in the background.  And that's not feathering, that's image noise and poor color tone reproduced by the camera.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

it i likely a newer phone, i mean i got a shot with some nice depth on my zenfone 2

The subject in your picture is much closer.

The reason why I doubt the PS job done to it is the hair strands are still there if you know what I mean, for a fake DOF you need to "overlap" the girl with it to fake it well. Apart from size comparison with the rest of the image I am starting to notice the tones of her do not match those of the rest of the image, she is too "bright" for a cloudy sky. The only other solution I can see is if the background was pre-blurred and she was added in with minimal blur added to her overall "cut in", it could be studio work after noticing that.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

The subject in your picture is much closer.

yeah, but still  significant ammount of depth

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

That's because of perspective.  She is standing closer to the photographer than those kids who appear to be at least 10m away in the background.  And that's not feathering, that's image noise and poor color tone reproduced by the camera.

Okey guess I was wrong haha. But the perspecive looks so weird, but might just be me that thinks so.

It's definitely not gaussian blur just look at the highlights between the leaves

There's probably little to zero photoshop being used here.  This photo appears to have been taken with a good phone camera or a compact camera.  The OP can always ask what camera was used to the person who uploaded the photo wherever he/she got it from.

The people who are talking about gaussian blur, fake DOF in photoshop, etc. are all idiots.