AAA Gaming Machine, $1500 Canadian... Is it possible?

HaloFan9087

So I'm trying to make a PC in the coming months, one that will be able to run current AAA titles (lets say GTAV, Battlefield) along with future titles like Gears of War, Halo Wars 2 (not really intensive graphically but want to play), Fallout 4 and Starwars battlefront to name a few titles that immediately have my interest.  I would like to be able to play these titles at 1080p, 60+FPS and on ultra or high settings.  I am aware that we do not have the specs for these titles (as they are not released) but we know that they are playing on current gen consoles... which I hope can give some sort of idea on what kind of PC I will need to play them..

I live in Canada and have a budget.  I would like to spend $1500, however if I can get a substantial improvement for < $200 feel free to inform me.  The build will be scheduled for this spring... which while this is not immediate I don't think much will change over the winter....  If you guys could throw some lists together on PC partpicker that would be great... I have some ideas... but they always seem to add up to over budget by about $300 (which pushes me to just below $2000 including taxes and shipping fees), I would like to see what the LTT community can throw together. 

Are my expectations too high for my budget?? 

Note: builds do not need peripherals (Monitor, KB and mouse), however a windows OS should be included...

Again...Canadian Dollars are being used for this build.

Thanks in advance guys for input!!

cheers

There's always stuff coming and prices change so just wait

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You dont need a highend CPU but you need a Highend GPU. So dont throw your Money at a CPU you dont need. A midrange i5 is more than enough to handle every HighEnd Card out there.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'm going to assume you will need peripherals like monitor, keyboard mouse etc. If you need these things, here:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.75 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.75 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.50 @ shopRBC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Canada Computers)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card ($409.99 @ NCIX)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($93.00 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ NCIX)
Monitor: BenQ GL2460HM 60Hz 24.0" Monitor ($179.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($25.99 @ NCIX)
Headphones: Logitech G430 7.1 Channel Headset ($69.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $1371.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-07 12:19 EDT-0400
You'll be able to run all the triple A games @1080p 60fps

However, there will be more updated things by the time you want to build your PC. This is just a start off, something that you should look to when you need help

it's too early. by spring we'd get more skylake processor sku's, more z170 motherboards, some components might go down in price

I'm going to assume you will need peripherals like monitor, keyboard mouse etc. If you need these things, here:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.75 @ shopRBC)

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.75 @ Vuugo)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($58.95 @ Vuugo)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.50 @ shopRBC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Canada Computers)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card ($409.99 @ NCIX)

Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($93.00 @ Vuugo)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ NCIX)

Monitor: BenQ GL2460HM 60Hz 24.0" Monitor ($179.98 @ Amazon Canada)

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($25.99 @ NCIX)

Headphones: Logitech G430 7.1 Channel Headset ($69.99 @ Amazon Canada)

Total: $1371.88

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-07 12:19 EDT-0400

You'll be able to run all the triple A games @1080p 60fps

However, there will be more updated things by the time you want to build your PC. This is just a start off, something that you should look to when you need help

Sry but I guess you can't read.

Note: builds do NOT need peripherals (Monitor, KB and mouse), however a windows OS should be included...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

he said it doesn't need to include monitor, keyboard etc, only windows, that extra money would probably make the cpu a 4690k or 6600k and the gpu a 390x or 980

So I'm trying to make a PC in the coming months, one that will be able to run current AAA titles (lets say GTAV, Battlefield) along with future titles like Gears of War, Halo Wars 2 (not really intensive graphically but want to play), Fallout 4 and Starwars battlefront to name a few titles that immediately have my interest.  I would like to be able to play these titles at 1080p, 60+FPS and on ultra or high settings.  I am aware that we do not have the specs for these titles (as they are not released) but we know that they are playing on current gen consoles... which I hope can give some sort of idea on what kind of PC I will need to play them..

I live in Canada and have a budget.  I would like to spend $1500, however if I can get a substantial improvement for < $200 feel free to inform me.  The build will be scheduled for this spring... which while this is not immediate I don't think much will change over the winter....  If you guys could throw some lists together on PC partpicker that would be great... I have some ideas... but they always seem to add up to over budget by about $300 (which pushes me to just below $2000 including taxes and shipping fees), I would like to see what the LTT community can throw together. 

Are my expectations too high for my budget?? 

Note: builds do not need peripherals (Monitor, KB and mouse), however a windows OS should be included...

Again...Canadian Dollars are being used for this build.

Thanks in advance guys for input!!

cheers

Yes wait for 2016 so you can get the Plancar GPU's from Nvidia

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

I went a few bucks over budget but if you want to get something right now I would sy this is no to bad.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($298.50 @ Vuugo)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($41.29 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($50.99 @ NCIX)
Storage: Seagate  1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($87.99 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($627.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($72.50 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Memory Express)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Total: $1507.16
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-07 12:31 EDT-0400

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system