All my Win7 machines suddenly crazy slow

Hey guys, a couple days ago I noticed all my Windows 7 machines are performing crazy bad in games compared to what they did not long before.

For example, games like Minecraft etc. played with 200/300fps+ on max, now can barely play at 60fps on minimum. On both AMD and nVidia cards (HD7770 and a GT730). I have reformatted them both, reinstalled drivers, installed older vers., bla. Even my 590 is suddenly as slow as this too.

Recording with dxtory forces the framerate down to 13-15, on both machines, a dualcore (e6550) and a quadcore (x3220). Even when recording to my SSD (Samsung 840), same result.

Any ideas?

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Minecraft is evolving quickly and now requires something better than a potato to run well.

Minecraft is evolving quickly and now requires something better than a potato to run well.

I just used that as an example. All games are doing this. My 590, and my sisters HD7770 and 730 are running at the same performance on almost all games, and DXT recording is stuck at 14-15fps on all of my machines, from Core2Duos to i7's.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

I just used that as an example. All games are doing this. My 590, and my sisters HD7770 and 730 are running at the same performance on almost all games, and DXT recording is stuck at 14-15fps on all of my machines, from Core2Duos to i7's.

Reinstall Windows, Rollback drivers or Update to 10.

Reinstall Windows, Rollback drivers or Update to 10.

Dude. I have done all of that. I wrote that in the post. Read it

also "update to 10"

hlQxYI7.png

at least not until the free period is up, i dont want to be their beta tester (well, at least on an RTM build). i have already tried it and it went full tardmode on me.

Have you got antivirus?

yes.

yes.

Run Some malware test, antimallware bytes. Check your update list. Check taskmanager for abnormal use of cpu and or ram.

Don't you just love tech?

Run Some malware test, antimallware bytes. Check your update list. Check taskmanager for abnormal use of cpu and or ram.

i have, all clean. taskmgr is fine, in fact its barely being used at all.

tomorrow i'm going to start removing windows updates to see if that helps it any, might be caused by that?

In the past if the pc is slow and cpu ram gpu and all of that is fine it was always the harddrive, but you have a ssd. I dont know if ssd have the same issues as a traditional harddrive. You can run a benchmark on your ssd. I know Samsung ssd trend to be going slower while time passes.

Don't you just love tech?

In the past if the pc is slow and cpu ram gpu and all of that is fine it was always the harddrive, but you have a ssd. I dont know if ssd have the same issues as a traditional harddrive. You can run a benchmark on your ssd. I know Samsung ssd trend to be going slower while time passes.

no, in the past the pc was not slow. also ALL of my machines are doing this, at the same time, they are all nearly as slow as each other, which leads me to believe there might be a rogue windows update going around.