DAN Cases - A4-SFX the smallest ITX gaming case in the world

dondan

$230 doesn't seem bad for a case like this. I'd much rather pay $230 for this case than $185 for the NCase M1 if I was doing a mini ITX build.

On 9/6/2015 at 7:58 AM, aerandir92 said:

Fantastic case! Although the lack of optical drive might maybe be a dealbreaker (I prefer if my computer can be both media center and blu-ray player), but then it needs a bigger case anyway. 

Can't one just use an external optical drive?

I'm finalizing components for a new, OC'd gaming rig based on a Mini-ITX form factor. 

Asus Z170I Pro Gaming MB

i7-6700k cpu

Corsair LPX ddr4 (2x8GB)

EVGA 1080

Crucial 1TB SSD

Power supply sufficient for aggressive OC of cpu....

Questions...

*Only one USB3.0.... How to deal with that? I need at least 3-4.

*How can only a cooling fan deal w/ big OC of the 6700k?

*Which EVGA 1080 would cool best in this case?

*Which power supplies can handle my requirements?

This case is very interesting, but the Fractal Core 500, the Phanteks Evolv, or the M case makes things a bit easier....  I'd still be interested in this case if my concerns could be handled.....

Why do you need more than 1x USB 3.0 on the front? On the backside of you motherboard you will have 4-6x USB ports.

A good SFX Power Supply ist the Silverstone Strider Series 500W SFX12V-L (SST-SX500-LG).

Best EVGA GTX 1080 that will fit ist the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0

The Cryorig C7 is the best CPU Cooler that fits inside the A4-SFX. You can do a bit of overclocking but not aggressive as you wrote.

13 minutes ago, dondan said:

Why do you need more than 1x USB 3.0 on the front? On the backside of you motherboard you will have 4-6x USB ports.

A good SFX Power Supply ist the Silverstone Strider Series 500W SFX12V-L (SST-SX500-LG).

Best EVGA GTX 1080 that will fit ist the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0

The Cryorig C7 is the best CPU Cooler that fits inside the A4-SFX. You can do a bit of overclocking but not aggressive as you wrote.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood...forgot about the USB ports on the I/O....   DOH, not awake yet.

Why that specific EVGA FTW? Because it is blower-style?

Is that the BEST power supply that can fit the case?

2 hours ago, Jury-Pool-Reject said:

Can't one just use an external optical drive?

Maybe, I'm not sure how good external Blu-ray readers are. Or if we are going to see external UHD Blu-ray readers

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

• 3 weeks later...

based on the OP, i'd say this a commercial for his own kickstarter

Welp

3 hours ago, Dionyz said:

where do I buy it?

Too late now. The kickstarter is over. You'll have to wait until this case hits general retail availability, which I don't think is guaranteed worldwide.

Eagerly waiting for mine to arrive in Q4 :) 

On 6/12/2016 at 2:38 PM, Jury-Pool-Reject said:

Oh sorry, I misunderstood...forgot about the USB ports on the I/O....   DOH, not awake yet.

Personally would recommend the Corsair SF600 sfx powersupply. 

Although I really like the case, seems it is so expensive for ITX case, probably for people who want smallest functional ITX case.

The most expensive I paid for ITX case before is $80. I hope they release cheaper version (probably just use normal case steel?), but still the same footprint. I don't really need those fancy Aluminum to begin with.

Also why one USB 3.0 port? At that price, I really doubt extra USB 3.0 port will cost so much, and I believe there are still enough space for that.

9 hours ago, dlink377 said:

Although I really like the case, seems it is so expensive for ITX case, probably for people who want smallest functional ITX case.

The most expensive I paid for ITX case before is $80. I hope they release cheaper version (probably just use normal case steel?), but still the same footprint. I don't really need those fancy Aluminum to begin with.

Also why one USB 3.0 port? At that price, I really doubt extra USB 3.0 port will cost so much, and I believe there are still enough space for that.

It's basically a Lian Li case (they manufacture it), and the PCI extender is expensive. So that explains most of it.

Having only 1 USB3 is a bit dumb, as you could easily make it look good with 2. I expect the single USB3 cable is more expensive than the normal double USB3 able.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

• 1 month later...

What cooler would be best for the i7 6700k? Everybody says the Cryorig C7 but i'm extremely skeptical. Would the ID-Cooling IS-VC45 be better because its rated for a higher TDP?

54 minutes ago, SAMUELWHITTL said:

What cooler would be best for the i7 6700k? Everybody says the Cryorig C7 but i'm extremely skeptical. Would the ID-Cooling IS-VC45 be better because its rated for a higher TDP?

What an interesting cooler. I wonder how a vapor chamber performs compared to the regular heat pipes in the C7.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I actually wonder how the Dynatron K129 with a Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM strapped to it would perform in this case, Linus also used the Dynatron T318 with the same fan for his 145 Watt TDP CPU so I guess it would work really well. Dan, planning on testing this maybe? :> *Nudge-nudge, poke-poke.*

Main rig: Intel i7 6700K @ 4 Ghz with Silverstone Argon AR06 + Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, 2 x 8 GiB Corsair LPX Red @ 2.133 Mhz, MSI GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB, Corsair SF600, Silverstone Raven RVZ02 (no window version).

For on the road: MSI GE72 2QC Apache with 16 GiB RAM upgrade.

31 minutes ago, Serath said:

I actually wonder how the Dynatron K129 with a Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM strapped to it would perform in this case, Linus also used the Dynatron T318 with the same fan for his 145 Watt TDP CPU so I guess it would work really well. Dan, planning on testing this maybe? :> *Nudge-nudge, poke-poke.*

The ID-Cooling Vapor chamber is extremely similar to the Dynatron K129 is just comes with a fan for 12 bucks more, so the Dynatron and the ID-Cooling should perform extremely similar just based off their similar designs.

3 hours ago, SAMUELWHITTL said:

Forget K SKU CPU's, OC capabilities will not be worth it.

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

1 hour ago, Tech Inquisition said:

Forget K SKU CPU's, OC capabilities will not be worth it.

K sku's still tends to have a higher base and boost clock, and instead of overclocking, you can undervolt for cooler and quieter operation.

I'm waiting to see the Sentry case from that Polish team. In reality though I plan someday to just get the Fractal Design Node 202. I understand wanting to make a system small, but really there's no practical reason to go smaller than a home console which I think the node does well. It just makes life harder by making it harder to get good temperatures while at the same time giving no substantial benefit over cases like the Node.

14 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I'm waiting to see the Sentry case from that Polish team. In reality though I plan someday to just get the Fractal Design Node 202. I understand wanting to make a system small, but really there's no practical reason to go smaller than a home console which I think the node does well. It just makes life harder by making it harder to get good temperatures while at the same time giving no substantial benefit over cases like the Node.

All I've really heard about the Node 202 is that it has overheating issues. :/ and I'm going for backpack sized here

On 6/12/2016 at 7:38 AM, Jury-Pool-Reject said:

Best PSU that fits the case is the Corsair SF600

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, SAMUELWHITTL said:

All I've really heard about the Node 202 is that it has overheating issues. :/ and I'm going for backpack sized here

Better Check out Kyle's water cooling tutorial for it.