If you ran for president, what would your policies be?

Jack.EXE

I think you are the communistic dude who implies everyone should serve 2 years of military practice OBLIGATORY.

Also what about gun violence, violence, crime in Switzerland? Pretty much the same if not higher then here. Hey atleast you are an Murican who can point ONE COUNTRY in Europe out. Bravo!

Both my mother&father did that, and I don't see any sense of discipline here around the house.   ;)

Thanks for that very immature response.

I am a very well educated individual so I would expect to know what country I am speaking about before speaking about it.

Like I said, you get from it what you take. Did you read that before replying?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

So why would I care if that happend? The E.U will kick their ass.

What makes you think that? The EU is a very loose confederation that's having a hard time justifying staying together vs. breaking apart as it is.

The likely hood they would kick your' government's ass on it's citizens behalf is very slim.  It's hard enough to get many EU countries to participate in humanitarian military intervention as it is; even in countries they screwed up with colonialism.  

At best the EU would levy sanctions, would hurt you more than the government.

To stop new handguns being brought into the black market.

If they stop being sold legally, they will be harder to obtain over time on the black market. In that region of course.

The problem with that is our very large and porous boarders.

When Alcohol was banned organized crime sky rocketed as booze became a new cash crop.  The money led to increased crime, and corruption; which was only stopped when booze became legal once more.  

The same thing happened when we started our war on drugs, and organized crime, especially in mexico, has been making bank and literally getting away with murder.

Banning guns would only provide another source of revenue.  The cartels have already demonstrated a willingness to obtain firearms from the middle east, this would be no different.

Thanks for that very immature response.

I am a very well educated individual so I would expect to know what country I am speaking about before speaking about it.

Like I said, you get from it what you take. Did you read that before replying?

Education in US? I don't think so...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What makes you think that? The EU is a very loose confederation that's having a hard time justifying staying together vs. breaking apart as it is.

The likely hood they would kick your' government's ass on it's citizens behalf is very slim.  It's hard enough to get many EU countries to participate in humanitarian military intervention as it is; even in countries they screwed up with colonialism.  

At best the EU would levy sanctions, would hurt you more than the government.

So what is this goverment fear you guys have? Do you think a few hunderd politicians are gonna buy guns and start shooting at us, or what? 

ANP-291190251.jpg

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

<snip>

This is unfortunate but it is also an isolated incident. Most schools in the US have stopped doing the pledge of allegiance back in the 90's. Your response to this is also unfortunate for using it the way you do. Yours responses are consistent I give you that. You use an isolated incidents or random statistics to "prove" that all Americans are a certain way.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

So what is this goverment fear you guys have? Do you think a few hunderd politicians are gonna buy guns and start shooting at us, or what? 

ANP-291190251.jpg

Have you never had a history course?

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Have you never had a history course?

Nope we don't learn things about your country and how you guys are proud of murdering your own fellow Europeans at that time.

You are probably start mumbling something about the goverment BRIBING cops and military onto their side, I don't think you understand how these things work in the rest of civilized world...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

deez nuts has a pretty good stance on things

http://www.elect-deez-nuts.com/

hahahaha

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Nope we don't learn things about your country and how you guys are proud of murdering your own fellow Europeans at that time.

You are probably start mumbling something about the goverment BRIBING cops and military onto their side, I don't think you understand how these things work in the rest of civilized world...

Considering the history of a lot of european nations that currently exist only because they fought to create their own country, your statement is rather moot.

Your own country used to be a lot bigger until the Belgians decided they wanted their own place. last i checked you all didn't let them go peacefully. 

Also there's that fair bit of ethnic cleansing you all did in Asia just to make some money off some spices.  I guess its bad to kill Europeans, but perfectly fine to kill Asians so long as you make profit!

Considering the history of a lot of european nations that currently exist only because they fought to create their own country, your statement is rather moot.

Your own country used to be a lot bigger until the Belgians decided they wanted their own place. last i checked you all didn't let them go peacefully. 

Also there's that fair bit of ethnic cleansing you all did in Asia just to make some money off some spices.  I guess its bad to kill Europeans, but perfectly fine to kill Asians so long as you make profit!

Yes, the only problem you guys still behave like this in 2015, and not 1500-1600's.

While other nations like to cooperate together you guys think you are the best and in case of a civil war in the US nobody would help you... (which is not true, eventually somebody will step up, we aren't animals)

If a civil war or a real war started here, do you think I'm gonna show patriotism and take a gun and fight? Hell fucking no. I don't give a shit about my country or any other country. They can all kill each other if they like, but I will be out. They say New Zealand is the safest place on earth so to Middle Earth!!!

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

To stop new handguns being brought into the black market.

If they stop being sold legally, they will be harder to obtain over time on the black market. In that region of course.

But anyone who owns one before the ban should be allowed to keep it. Just stop giving out licenses and stop allowing them to be sold at any legal shops.

Over a long period of time they will be harder and harder to obtain.

And here's the difference:

You're walking, and across the street you see a random guy carrying around a rifle. You know he has a gun, you gtfo before he sees you.

You're walking, and across the street you see a random guy. You carry on walking. The guy pulls out a handgun and tells you to give up everything you own.

Oh and, let's just say someone who has bad intentions manages to get a concealed carry permit along with a handgun. 

It might pay off in the long run is what im saying. Make them less available =  less crimes committed with them.

But oh yeah, I would completely allow any sort of other defense if it was up to me. Pepper spray, taser, stun gun, knife, etc. Just they would have to get a permit for that stuff.

Because when do you see a guy mug you with pepper spray or a taser.

And another thing comes to mind:

It's alot easier to aim at someone and pull the trigger than it is to chase them down and stab them. Try and say "ooh no you need special training or else.. blah blah" but let's be honest here: Anyone who's not completely stupid can use a gun. Maybe not effectively or safely, but anyone can operate one.

As much as some people won't agree, it's just my ideas and reasoning behind it. Nothing is perfect.

Mainly how lots of people end up with guns:

One guy buys a gun, for whatever it be (Hunting, Sport, Home defense.)

The neighbors say: Oh no, he has a gun. What if he is planning to rob us? Or commit a crime? Or go insane? We better get one too.

This cycle goes on and on, especially with all the paranoid people out in the world.

Your argument has some merit but it is also just as wrong.

-It wont stop black market dealings no matter what you do.

-What are you going to do once that owner passes away?  Allow it to stay in the family or destroy it?

-Open carry has a greater chance of being attacked than not by hardier thugs. Look it up. It also makes you a target of those same groups of thugs.

-Having no guns on the street does not lessen crime, they will use other weapons; knives for example. Removing or banning a weapon will not deter a thug.

-Thugs are not all stupid "chasing down your pray" is a flawed argument, they will just wait for an opportune moment instead. most gun crimes do not occur in braod daylight they happen at night at opportune times within 10-15 feet or (3-6 meters for you metric fella's)

-Just because someone buys a rifle to hunt with so their neighbor will to is also a flawed argument. 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Yes, the only problem you guys still behave like this in 2015, and not 1500-1600's.

While other nations like to cooperate together you guys think you are the best and in case of a civil war in the US nobody would help you... (which is not true, eventually somebody will step up, we aren't animals)

If a civil war or a real war started here, do you think I'm gonna show patriotism and take a gun and fight? Hell fucking no. I don't give a shit about my country or any other country. They can all kill each other if they like, but I will be out. They say New Zealand is the safest place on earth so to Middle Earth!!!

How old are you?

If a civil war or a real war started here, do you think I'm gonna show patriotism and take a gun and fight? Hell fucking no. I don't give a shit about my country or any other country. They can all kill each other if they like, but I will be out.

Let me see who founded the UN? Hmm The US, Russia and England.

Who pays 70% of the UNs funding? hmm the US.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

How old are you?

hes 19 at least that's what he admitted to me about a month or so ago.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Let me see who founded the UN? Hmm The US, Russia and England.

Who pays 70% of the UNs funding? hmm the US.

I'm talking about the E.U. something you guys could never get into.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

hes 19 at least that's what he admitted to me about a month or so ago.

You are 34 and behave like a 12 year old.

Well can't blame you, you had to do the American version of "the Hitler greet" for like 15 years...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'm talking about the E.U. something you guys could never get into.

And something every country in the EU is trying to get out of.

The US would never want to be in it.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well can't blame you, you had to do the American version of "the Hitler greet" for like 15 years...

Where is your logic there?

and where did you come up with that?

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

You're walking, and across the street you see a random guy. You carry on walking. The guy pulls out a handgun and tells you to give up everything you own.

Oh and, let's just say someone who has bad intentions manages to get a concealed carry permit along with a handgun. 

What's that? Walking across the street? Never heard of it.

Also why shouldn't I give him all my stuff? This Samsung S3 is getting really old, so the insurance better give me some money for a  S6 ;)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

yep 34 year old home owner who probably makes more than your parents, with a decent, albeit dated, home and a nice piece of property for my garden, archery range, and my dogs to run and play.

By the time i was your age i had already worked several jobs, and was in my first year of college. Worked 48 hours a week and went to school full time paying my way as i go.

Where is your logic there?

and where did you come up with that?

My logic comes from somewhat decent education (not as good as Sweden and Finland, they have 50% less schoolhours with better results then everyone else) living in the civilized part of the world.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

yep 34 year old home owner who probably makes more than your parents, with a decent, albeit dated, home and a nice piece of property for my garden, archery range, and my dogs to run and play.

By the time i was your age i had already worked several jobs, and was in my first year of college. Worked 48 hours a week and went to school full time paying my way as i go.

Okay? Nice story bro. Why should I want my own house when I live in a three-story rented house with 5 bedrooms for 700€ rent a month (400€ after housing allowance)?

Not a big garden, because that's not possible here, but big enough to fit  10 man for a BBQ :)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

And something every country in the EU is trying to get out of.

The US would never want to be in it.

I don't think anyone but some right extremist "Geert Wilders" wants to get out of the E.U. You probably heard of him on the news...

Oh yeah, that was that time that somebody almost attacked the gathering right? Freedom of speech in the US my ass.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Okay? Nice story bro. Why should I want my own house when I live in a three-story rented house with 5 bedrooms for 700€ rent a month (400€ after housing allowance)?

Not a big garden, because that's not possible here, but big enough to fit  10 man for a BBQ :)

You'll understand when you are older

post-231515-0-32964700-1441416778.gif