If you ran for president, what would your policies be?

Jack.EXE

Yes

So including hard-drugs ?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

And you need to stop being jealous and go read some UN statistics and reports

Oh I have no issue with preventing corporations from acting like psychopaths, or making medicine affordable, but I take issue with not holding people accountable for their own responsibility for their own success. (just an FYI, having many more, smaller corporations means more jobs). Which is what welfare has done to a large percentage of our nation.

Why try, when others will take care of you and you can cheat the system to get what you want?

(not trying to be hostile, just commenting on what I have seen welfare do to this particular country)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Oh I have no issue with preventing corporations from acting like psychopaths, or making medicine affordable, but I take issue with not holding people accountable for their own responsibility for their own success. (just an FYI, having many more, smaller corporations means more jobs). Which is what welfare has done to a large percentage of our nation.

Why try, when others will take care of you and you can cheat the system to get what you want?

And Muricans need to stop thinking owning a bigger house or more expensive car leads directly to happiness.

You could be a multi-billionaire like Bill Gates and you would still have to deal with all the shitty laws there.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

And Muricans need to stop thinking owning a bigger house or more expensive car leads directly to happiness.

You could be a multi-billionaire like Bill Gates and you would still have to deal with all the shitty laws there.

Which particular laws? Genuine curiosity here. There are a lot of laws I think are completely moronic, but I'm curious to see which ones you pick.

An in my case, it's not about having a bigger house or bigger car (we call that "keeping up with the Jones's"), it's about being able to take care of yourself. Financial independence to do what you want.

An in my case, it's not about having a bigger house or bigger car (we call that "keeping up with the Jones's"), it's about being able to take care of yourself. Financial independence to do what you want.

It's funny how you say that;

How could somebody at my age (19) survive without any social insurances at a minimum wage of 4,57? That's why I still didn't move out, probably not until 21 until I can get full housing allowance or a better job :)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

<Snip>

What are yours?

The construction/fixers thing we already have, its called the Army Corp of Engineers and we did/do a lot of this already.

One thing I would add is to restructure the military in its recruiting stance from a voluntary service to a mandatory service of no less than 2 years similar to Switzerland and that will take care of most gun education you are wanting to implement, it will also help decrease crime as everyone will understand and know self defense.

I would also defunct the IRS by pushing to repeal the 16th amendment and implement a flat rate sales tax (not a flat tax) no higher than 10% in place of all other taxes. This will also solve a lot of problems with the tax code.

Return the Senator control back to the states.

Push for limited congressional terms and pay. - 2 terms max and pay no more than $70,000 /yr, no more politicians getting rich from public service.

Push for limited Supreme Justice terms - 10 years max and punishable for activism rulings.

Remove lobbyists from D.C.

Reduce Presidential pay to no more than $80,000 /yr.

Restructure Government practices to a more business like atmosphere were a positions cannot be created out of thin air it would take congressional act to create.

Remove the controlling powers of the Federal Reserve Bank (which is a Private Bank) and place it back under Congress as it should be per the Constitution.

I could go on further but I'll stop there.

(Healthcare insurance is a fraud. Has been from it's beginnings Stricter guidelines on medical malpractice suits would and can lower medical costs across the board.)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Not sure about specifics, could do with a list but even then I can't guarantee anything.

But a secular-humanist dictatorship sounds good.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

The construction/fixers thing we already have, its called the Army Corp of Engineers and we did/do a lot of this already.

One thing I would add is to restructure the military in its recruiting stance from a voluntary service to a mandatory service of no less than 2 years similar to Switzerland and that will take care of most gun education you are wanting to implement, it will also help decrease crime as everyone will understand and know self defense.

So instead of banning guns you want to teach everybody how to deal with them, ayyy lmaaoooo...

Also waste 2 FUCKING YEARS of their life for pretty much nothing.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Here in the states you can live on your own while making minimum wage.

You won't be living the high life but it's very doable.

Also if someone can afford a big house and car what's it to you? Unlike Europe we still have a lot of space, and while I wish we would curb our population growth a bit, things aren't as cramped here.

It's funny how you say that;

How could somebody at my age (19) survive without any social insurances at a minimum wage of 4,57? That's why I still didn't move out, probably not until 21 until I can get full housing allowance or a better job :)

Well that's just a crummy minimum wage. When I was delivering pizza for Domino's, I made $6.75 USD an hour, plus .75 cents per delivery. Which is below minimum wage because it's a job that "gets tips" (an assumption made by the people who did the labor laws. If you get tips, you don't have to be paid minimum wage. Which is a shitty law in my opinion. Luckily, we just got a ruling in favor of franchise employees that will make unionizing more possible). I managed to move out on that, and moved in with two people I was working with. Which was loads of fun, until I totaled my car and couldn't work there anymore, had to move back in with the parents after that.

Also if someone can afford a big house and car what's it to you? Unlike Europe we still have a lot of space, and while I wish we would curb our population growth a bit, things aren't as cramped here.

It's doable, but your entertainment budget choices are what makes it livable. I went hungry most nights even though I could eat from domino's for free (I'd rather starve, except for free soda), but I was satiated by having high speed internet, gamer roommates, a huge TV I got via rent-to-own, and a surround sound system that I'd had for like.....5 years at that point, and I still have (still sounds great, will shake the house).

Still, happiest 6 months of my life so far. Game all night, smoke....something....get two hours of sleep, deliver pizza and listen to music all day, repeat.

Freedom With Responsibility:

NO unnecessary rules and regulations.

Making it easier to start companies.

Mental health check before buying firearms.

Environmental Control and lowering emissions by imposing a higher tax on non EV's or any other non environmentally friendly car thereby making them more attractive.

Legalizing all drugs(look at how it went for Portugal before you call me crazy)

A social healthcare system for everybody(of course with private insurance if you want it)

Pro-Choice with abortion.

Separation of church and state on both local, regional and national level.

Anti-Government snooping.

Tighter Immigration control at the Mexican border with better integration of immigrants by making English language mandatory.

A ceiling on tuition fees.

Decreasing military spending.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

So first of all you are not quoting me.

Second of all, is the minimum wage in the US the same for all persons above 18?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I amneither american nor sure about this... but isn't this the current state already? Spying on your own "is allowed with a warrant and on everybody else is never a problem"(no offense intended. It all just is what it is...)

You are correct, the NSA and the CIA cannot operate inside the US without direct Congressional permission.

Our current President does not see himself as part of the law so he allows these things and sign the Executive Orders he does.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Honestly, I'd bring in some laws similar to Europe, as well as a few of my own opinions based upon my left wing mindset, such as:

-banning all firearms, no matter the cost

-increasing funding on social care for the disabled and homeless and prisons, especially low security rehab prisons

-outlawing the death penalty and excessive/multi life sentences

-bringing in an equivelant to the NHS, effectively advancing obamacare with the use of tax money and cuts to military and privatised spending.

-nationalising the postal service, major rail services and such, if they aren't already

-getting rid of the patriot act remnants and any other spying based laws that infringe upon personal privacy more than is necessary.

-increasing foreign aid spending to provide for those countries where America and other western countries have damaged in war

-legalisation of weed with a high tax rate

-increase in tax on tobacco and alcohol

-banning ecigs indoors and preventing mass advertising of them

-moving more production to the U.S. And away from Asian markets, to create a sustainable, home based economy.

-changing the school examination system to be more focused on coursework and continual assessment, instead of standardised examinations.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Well that's just a crummy minimum wage. When I was delivering pizza for Domino's, I made $6.75 USD an hour, plus .75 cents per delivery. Which is below minimum wage because it's a job that "gets tips" (an assumption made by the people who did the labor laws. If you get tips, you don't have to be paid minimum wage. Which is a shitty law in my opinion. Luckily, we just got a ruling in favor of franchise employees that will make unionizing more possible). I managed to move out on that, and moved in with two people I was working with. Which was loads of fun, until I totaled my car and couldn't work there anymore, had to move back in with the parents after that.

So Americans in general would rather leech on their parents (sometimes more the 100.000$ for college) instead of receiving money from the government which was already paid by your parents in the 20-30 years of their work.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So Americans in general would rather leech on their parents (sometimes more the 100.000$ for college) instead of receiving money from the government which was already paid by your parents in the 20-30 years of their work.

My parent's aren't paying for my college, I have a student loan, which I dislike having. And it's a fair trade considering they expect me to take care of them when they retire. Parents are supposed to sacrifice for their children. It's part of the social nature of our species.

And don't generalize from me, I am SO not the norm.

Honestly, I'd bring in some laws similar to Europe, as well as a few of my own opinions based upon my left wing mindset, such as:

-banning all firearms, no matter the cost

-increasing funding on social care for the disabled and homeless and prisons, especially low security rehab prisons

-outlawing the death penalty and excessive/multi life sentences

-bringing in an equivelant to the NHS, effectively advancing obamacare with the use of tax money and cuts to military and privatised spending.

-nationalising the postal service, major rail services and such, if they aren't already

-getting rid of the patriot act remnants and any other spying based laws that infringe upon personal privacy more than is necessary.

-increasing foreign aid spending to provide for those countries where America and other western countries have damaged in war

-legalisation of weed with a high tax rate

-increase in tax on tobacco and alcohol

-banning ecigs indoors and preventing mass advertising of them

-moving more production to the U.S. And away from Asian markets, to create a sustainable, home based economy.

-changing the school examination system to be more focused on coursework and continual assessment, instead of standardised examinations.

giphy.gif

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

My parent's aren't paying for my college, I have a student loan, which I dislike having. And it's a fair trade considering they expect me to take care of them when they retire. Parents are supposed to sacrifice for their children. It's part of the social nature of our species.

And don't generalize from me, I am SO not the norm.

So you will start your career-life with a loan as big as a decent house in the US. Lmao.

If you guys don't want to change and hate on pretty much every comment somebody from outside the US, it's not our problem, the US will still be the same shit and probably even get worse. 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So you will start your career-life with a loan as big as a decent house in the US. Lmao.

If you guys don't want to change and hate on pretty much every comment somebody from outside the US, it's not our problem, the US will still be the same shit and probably even get worse. 

My loan is 40k, that's not enough for a big house. It's about enough for a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom brick house, maybe with a basement, in a depressed city. And that's a small student loan, but one I hope to pay off within the first 2 maybe 3 years of working.

Remember, we keep more of our actual yearly income than you brits do, because we don't expect the government to pay for everything. Meaning we have more control over our income.

Actually, I've gotten a full tax return every single year that I've worked, mainly because I didn't make enough to actually pay taxes. The money was taken out of my paychecks, but I got it back at the end of the fiscal year. Kinda nice actually, like a government operated savings account.

My list:

- Ban concealed firearms (Handguns, etc.) excluding rubber bullet handguns (Used for self defense, reduced lethality.) However rifles are permitted under a license.

I am curious as to why ban concealed carry, or license rifles?

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Idk, 80% of what you sad is already in my country (except military stuff etc.)

and advertising cigarettes is illegal here

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So first of all you are not quoting me.

Second of all, is the minimum wage in the US the same for all persons above 18?

It's the same for all persons regardless of age.

There are three exceptions.

Minors working for their parents.

Farm workers, I can't recall what they get,

And tip employees

Though tip employees are guaranteed under federal law to make at least minimum wage. If their tips don't add up to what they would of made with minimum wage the employer is required to make up the difference.

This is a fact a lot of tip employees dont tell people. Though many themselves don't know about it and their employers take advantage of that.

In addition to what others have said:

- Enforce SI units

- Classify the KKK as a terrorist organisation

- Stop discrimnation against atheists or other irreligous people

- Get rid of the electoral college and let people vote the president directly

- Stop forcing pupils to say the pledge of allegiance every day

It's the same for all persons regardless of age.

There are three exceptions.

Minors working for their parents.

Farm workers, I can't recall what they get,

And tip employees

Though tip employees are guaranteed under federal law to make at least minimum wage. If their tips don't add up to what they would of made with minimum wage the employer is required to make up the difference.

This is a fact a lot of tip employees dont tell people. Though many themselves don't know about it and their employers take advantage of that.

Well too bad it's scaled on your age until 23 here, probably to stop kids like me working and go to study instead ;)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

- Stop forcing pupils to say the pledge of allegiance every day

Holy fucking balls, I never knew this still existed.

So the US is communistic after all?

Holy shit, need to ask my cousin next time I speak him if this happens at his school.

1606228291_1375139365.jpg

Liberty and justice for all. LMAO!

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU