What graphics card to buy CS:GO

A really high end toaster, turnip or potato should do it- a king Edwards should be sufficient for 300fps.

No, joking aside, you wont notice the difference IMO- save you self some time :)

Lol

• 3 weeks later...

having anything other than 144fps would cause screen tearing.. am i missing something? why wouldnt you be satisfied with 250fps??

Try playing csgo with 144fps and at 299 and you will see the diffrence, its like if you could drive 80mph but ur car only goes 40mhp.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

I don't see why you want to try and get to the cap of the frame rate unless you have a 144hz monitor.

If you do have a 144hz monitor I recommend getting a cheap gpu like a 750ti or a amd r9 270x to run the game on max settings (imo 750ti is better value ;^) )

But yeah you won't be able to notice any extra frames on a regular 60hz monitor

Also if you wanna spend like 30 bucks more you can spring and get a gtx 950 which is well worth it. that is if you're going to play any other games besides cs:go

Hell No,My 270 Almost Beats A 760,So A 270x Would Be Better

People seem to forget the CSGO is a strange beast of a game. Everyone has different reaction times that will skew your percieved input lag and stutter. What works best for one person wont work the same for another. Skill wise, you'll find very few people ranked LEM+ that are ok with less than 200FPS. In the end its what you play best with. If this guy feels he will play better with more why not just answer the question with what will give him more. I currently have a 770 and get 200-300 varying on map and what is going on in the map. Overclocking can help in csgo it is a CPU hog. Either AMD or NVIDIA top end card will get what you're looking for I think though.