What graphics card to buy CS:GO

There is no difference with smoothness, if anything picture quality is much improved as you see solid frames.

there is a definite difference in smoothness. Either way, he's not opting to get just 60fps. Many people, including me, take the game very seriously, at a competitive level. I expect the best performance out of my hardware, an am not going to limit it to 60 because "there's no difference". Its the same argument as "there's no difference between 30fps and 60".

CPU: AMD FX-6350@4.2Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston Fury Black + 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60Gb CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fJLRWZ

there is a definite difference in smoothness. Either way, he's not opting to get just 60fps. Many people, including me, take the game very seriously, at a competitive level. I expect the best performance out of my hardware, an am not going to limit it to 60 because "there's no difference". Its the same argument as "there's no difference between 30fps and 60".

What rank are you in CSGO?

Plus you just destroyed the argument by comparing what i said to a 30 vs 60 one at 60hz, most moronic statement i have ever seen.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

What rank are you in CSGO?

Plus you just destroyed the argument by comparing what i said to a 30 vs 60 one at 60hz, most moronic statement i have ever seen.

I'm Supreme. And it's not just about the fucking frame rate, it's about the smoothness, the feel of the game. 60fps limited to me, stutters and feels slugglish. There is no benefit to limiting yourself to 60fps, because you will still encounter screen tears and frame drops with vsync disabled.

CPU: AMD FX-6350@4.2Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston Fury Black + 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60Gb CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW

I'm Supreme. And it's not just about the fucking frame rate, it's about the smoothness, the feel of the game. 60fps limited to me, stutters and feels slugglish. There is no benefit to limiting yourself to 60fps, because you will still encounter screen tears and frame drops with vsync disabled.

I'm DMG... so what are you trying to do? think your opinion matters for everyone else?

cKrQPGm.jpg

If you had a clue about what i spoke about you would understand, 59 FPS capped at 60hz Vsync removes all latency problems, there is no difference, and is incredibly smooth.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

I'm DMG... so what are you trying to do? think your opinion matters for everyone else?

cKrQPGm.jpg

If you had a clue about what i spoke about you would understand, 59 FPS capped at 60hz Vsync removes all latency problems, there is no difference, and is incredibly smooth

Dude, limiting yourself to 60fps with vsync on literally gives you latency. Its smooth, because of the vsync. That's what vsync does. And I don't care about other opinions, they can choose to do whatever they want, but if they want the best performance with the lowest latency, I'm going to give it to them.

Dude, limiting yourself to 60fps with vsync on literally gives you latency. Its smooth, because of the vsync. That's what vsync does. And I don't care about other opinions, they can choose to do whatever they want, but if they want the best performance with the lowest latency, I'm going to give it to them.

You still missing what i said, CAPPED to 59, not 60, 60FPS at Vsync causes latency issues yes, 59 however does not, and if your driver is forcing 1 frame buffered, the latency is incredibly low, you will not feel a single difference.

You still missing what i said, CAPPED to 59, not 60, 60FPS at Vsync causes latency issues yes, 59 however does not, and if your driver is forcing 1 frame buffered, the latency is incredibly low, you will not feel a single difference.

Vsync automatically caps it at 59, to allow that 1fps buffer to go through...

fps_max 59 and fps_max 60 will show no difference, and if you put on cl_showfps 1, you will see that it will only read 59fps. So your 59fps with vsync vs 60fps vsync literally makes no difference.

Vsync automatically caps it at 59, to allow that 1fps buffer to go through...

fps_max 59 and fps_max 60 will show no difference, and if you put on cl_showfps 1, you will see that it will only read 59fps. So your 59fps with vsync vs 60fps vsync literally makes no difference.

Vsync caps at 60FPS, at 60hz, you really are evading what i am talking about, i'm done with you.

@T0MMEN

I can't stick around to further look into your problem, but... w h a t   C P U   a r e   y o u   u s i n g ?

Vsync caps at 60FPS, at 60hz, you really are evading what i am talking about, i'm done with you.

How the fuck am I evading what you're talking about????? 

Vsync literally fucking caps your fps at 60, yes, but you will only get 59 in game to allow the maximum prefendered frames (ONE). Setting it to cap at 59w/vsync and setting it to 60w/vsync is the exact. same. fucking. thing. You will still get latency, you will still only get 59fps, and you will still be at a disadvantage to someone who has vsync off getting 300fps because they will have a lower delay.

If you can't get that through your head, think of it this way.

If your way has less latency, why don't all the professionals cap it to whatever refresh rate they're using??? Why don't they opt for 60fps instead of 300+? Because vsync is stupid for a competitive game where everything is about timing.

Ahhh CS players. Console guys get 30fps. And here we talk about 300fps.

Btw if you don't like variations just cap it at 144fps and you will be happy

Dude, you dont get it. If i set it too 144fps its not the same.... Please ask for example NIP f0rest on his opinion on fps, he wil never be sattisfied with 144fps, cs is an fps hungry game and needs all the frames it can get. Why do i get shutters when playing csgo but no other game ?

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

How the fuck am I evading what you're talking about????? 

Vsync literally fucking caps your fps at 60, yes, but you will only get 59 in game to allow the maximum prefendered frames (ONE). Setting it to cap at 59w/vsync and setting it to 60w/vsync is the exact. same. fucking. thing. You will still get latency, you will still only get 59fps, and you will still be at a disadvantage to someone who has vsync off getting 300fps because they will have a lower delay.

If you can't get that through your head, think of it this way.

If your way has less latency, why don't all the professionals cap it to whatever refresh rate they're using??? Why don't they opt for 60fps instead of 300+? Because vsync is stupid for a competitive game where everything is about timing.

Finally someone who understands !

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

Idiot's in this thread are too high.

Idiot's in this thread are too high.

Says the idiot who claims vsync gives you no delay.

Says the idiot who claims vsync gives you no delay.

No your failure to interpret that capping FPS to 59 under the 60FPS Vsync is the idiocy.

1 frame buffer does not give you 59FPS, it's pre-rendered frames dimwit.

1 frame buffer does not give you 59FPS, it's pre-rendered frames dimwit.

HOLY SHIT, that is literally what I said.

"Vsync literally fucking caps your fps at 60, yes, but you will only get 59 in game to allow the maximum prefendered frames (ONE). Setting it to cap at 59w/vsync and setting it to 60w/vsync is the exact. same. fucking. thing."

"Vsync literally fucking caps your fps at 60, yes, but you will only get 59 in game to allow the maximum prefendered frames (ONE)."

Yeah you sure did say that LMAO.

Which as i said you have no clue.

Pre-rendered frames is how many frames the CPU renders before giving them to the GPU.

You stated that this gives you an automatic 59FPS. No, you still get 60, you HAVE TO cap it to 59 to remove the latency.

No your failure to interpret that capping FPS to 59 under the 60FPS Vsync is the idiocy.

"If you had a clue about what i spoke about you would understand, 59 FPS capped at 60hz Vsync removes all latency problems, there is no difference, and is incredibly smooth."

YOU LITERALLY SAID YOU DO THIS???

IT DOES NOT REMOVE LATENCY, IT IS THE SAME THING AS VSYNC CAPPED@60.

THERE IS A ONE FRAME BUFFER(MAXIMUM PRE-RENDERED FRAMES) THAT VSYNC USES, WHETHER ITS CAPPED AT 59 OR 60.

"If you had a clue about what i spoke about you would understand, 59 FPS capped at 60hz Vsync removes all latency problems, there is no difference, and is incredibly smooth."

YOU LITERALLY SAID YOU DO THIS???

IT DOES NOT REMOVE LATENCY, IT IS THE SAME THING AS VSYNC CAPPED@60.

THERE IS A ONE FRAME BUFFER(MAXIMUM PRE-RENDERED FRAMES) THAT VSYNC USES, WHETHER ITS CAPPED AT 59 OR 60.

Even capping at 60 fps will remove some of the input lag (some, not as much as 59 or 58). This is what I actually advise, because in some cases it can also cut down on engine related stuttering that you would experience with 60hz vsync and no frame rate cap, in some games at least. It is usually best to cap at 60 fps and as well enabling 60hz vsync. A lot of people never think about that.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/69251569

Second post, it's known by advanced users who actually use V-sync in games, but those ignorant to it really do not understand.

One thing that does not translate well to CS though is the stutter part, it holds 59 solid, never falters, this is due to the engine.

vsync is literally a delay tool, to make it smoother and remove screen tearing. you cannot have uncapped vsync, because it caps it at whatever refresh rate your monitor is. it will take 1frame to buffer, which is the maximum pre-rendered frame. this adds noticeable latency.

vsync is literally a delay tool, to make it smoother and remove screen tearing. you cannot have uncapped vsync, because it caps it at whatever refresh rate your monitor is. it will take 1frame to buffer, which is the maximum pre-rendered frame. this adds noticeable latency.

Capping the FPS messes up the timing but does not mess with the quality of Vsync, it drops latency, i have tested it uncapped and through this method, literally zero difference.

When i am looking through (if i spelled that right) a smoke, i get like 100fps, and dont say that i can feel the diffrence, because oh my lord that is laggy. I srsly dont know what the problem can be, thank for any suggestions!

I have every setting on LOW except resolution (1920x1080)

Turn down the graphics settings for less variation. I play CS:GO maxed out an hover around 250fps mark using a 4K 60hz display. I don't need a high refresh rate monitor to do well at CS:GO, the game renders so many fps that the screen tearing is barely visible.

What graphics card do you have :) ?

having anything other than 144fps would cause screen tearing.. am i missing something? why wouldnt you be satisfied with 250fps??

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant