NSA loophole allows warrantless search for US citizens' emails and phone calls

AndThenThereWas1

Well, once again the Obama administration has been caught in yet another lie. They said that the US people are safe from warrantless searches. They said the 4th amendment was safe, but "The previously undisclosed rule change allows NSA operatives to hunt for individual Americans' communications using their name or other identifying information. Senator Ron Wyden told the Guardian the NSA's authorities provide loopholes that allow 'warrantless searches for the phone calls or emails of law-abiding Americans'". I suspected as much, but finally we have proof. I really don’t know what to say anymore. I guess we will have to wait until the next election to show them the wrath of the people. I, for one, will not vote any current politician back into office. I just hope enough people feel the same way.

Source:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/09/nsa-loophole-warrantless-searches-email-calls

e39.png

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

ahhhh, I miss that thing called privacy .,...

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

ahhhh, I miss that thing called privacy .,...

What's that?

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

What's that?

Exactly.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

35.jpg

This crap is getting hilarious....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

35.jpg

It's Friday, I'm at work, and this made me a bit happier. Thank you :)

In all seriousness though, bulk collection of data isn't a problem if nothing is done with it. One of the more serious concerns is the potential for inadvertent accusations to arise and the potential for abuse if not checked, which I imagine is where a some of the privacy concerns stem from.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

give it a second

some one from sweden will make a comment about why are you surprised 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Just because a lot of people (including me) suspected it does not mean it is OK to lie and spy on innocent people.

Just because a lot of people (including me) suspected it does not mean it is OK to lie and spy on innocent people.

Ofc not.

Its just silly how this entire thing is exploding and all the lies are coming out.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Land of the free.

obamatroll_zps131b3b56.jpg

Ofc not.

Its just silly how this entire thing is exploding and all the lies are coming out.

I see.

Personally I don't think this is hilarious. I think it's sad. Very, very sad.