Interests, New to Bing Homepage

I just signed into Bing and Bing now supports having your interests displayed at the bottom of the homepage and stars mark what your interests are. It will show news topics you are interested in as well as the weather of where you are or places you want to see. Soon, your sports teams will show up as well.

Things like this are why I use Bing as well as Google. I only use Google for things that search better on Google. I personally prefer the layout of bing so I often use it.

post-5026-0-01157200-1441305186_thumb.jp

post-5026-0-01157200-1441305186_thumb.jp

Bing was nice without the bottom bar of news and just the images with the squares of info.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

Bing was nice without the bottom bar of news and just the images with the squares of info.

Do you see the arrow pointing down in the bottom left corner? Press that and the news/interest bar is lowered.

ew bing

Startpage, Ixquick, or bust.

LOL what do you guys think of the interests being on the front page though? I mean, it's WAY better then what Google has, WHICH IS NOTHING on the front page.

post-5026-0-98987300-1441315523_thumb.jp

Do you see the arrow pointing down in the bottom left corner? Press that and the news/interest bar is lowered.

LOL what do you guys think of the interests being on the front page though? I mean, it's WAY better then what Google has, WHICH IS NOTHING on the front page.

attachicon.gifGoogle.JPG

I prefer bing to google. I am not sure if it is because I am colorblind but I always click the f*$@Ing ads that look like results on google. for a while there if you searched firefox in google the first "result" was a paid placement of an almost identical to mozilla phishing website with a virus in the download. really google? really?

I know, it wasn't like that before. That was what I was referring to.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

who cares. it has better results. your using them as  a search engine anways

For me, I use it more then just a search engine. I do click on those new stories as well as Bing rewards sometimes and quick access to their other services but of course mostly for just a search engine. Also, not always does Google show the best results. It depends on what you search for. Search for a celebrity on Bing and Google. The information and layout in Bing is much better. Bing tries to give you updated news, social media info, images, video, quick information, links to their social media and other things about the celebrity. Google does show quick info, updated news, only sometimes video, images, links to social media, but no social media info and doesn't show just a few other details that make Bing better for celebrity searches.

For more complicated stuff Google does seem to search for more recent and relevant links to webpages. This is why I still use Google. Search results for web pages of random complicated info is better.

Also, if you are looking to search for images or video, Bing is MUCH better for that. Google actually copied Bing's layout of images. The forever scrolling of images actually started with Bing. Bing's news section is also a ton better then Googles.

There is no clear cut winner I think. They each have their own benefits I find. Same with other search engines like DuckDuckGo or Yahoo. Yahoo news is the best and DuckDuckGo doesn't save any info of you.