Just tried Discord. Better then Teamspeak, Skype, or Razer Comms?

https://discordapp.com/

Some guys I was playing with sent me to this so we could all chat. Discord is a voice and text chat that is on a browser or you can use the app. With the browser you only need to put in a user name and don't need to sign up if you are just going to use it maybe once. With the app you have to sign up to download it. Making a account was super easy as well. That seems to be a trend with Discord. Things seems to be easy and simple as well as pretty. Teamspeak is not pretty or even easy at times but useful and powerful. Discord is similar to Teamspeak.

post-5026-0-85978200-1441300683.png

If anyone has tried Discord I'd like to hear what your thoughts are of it. Maybe Ill switch it. IDK I need to use it more.

post-5026-0-85978200-1441300683.png

Worth giving a try from first look, I will host some sessions with it and see how I like it.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

i just use Skype, because all of my gaming friends have it :D

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Looks really neat, too bad it isn't FOSS and the privacy policy is balls.

"Such information may also include text, pictures and links within conversations that you submit via your Account." 

"We also collect information about your usage and activity, such as number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of this activity."

I'll stick with Mumble.

Razer Comms daily user here. I'll try Discord and see how it is.

Looks like slack with voice on top... 

I'd be curious how scalable it is, how permissions work, and if it has anything equivalent to channel commander chat. I get the feeling that a lot of people who use TeamSpeak and look for alternatives are using TeamSpeak on a very small scale with their friends or guild/clan in which case pretty much any voice solution would work. I'm an admin on a 1024 user TeamSpeak server that is home to dozens of guilds from around the world so is busy 24/7. We make heavy use of things like Channel Commander, subscription levels, join permissions, priority speaker, and so on. We also have various permission groups such as Commanders, Guild Officers, Guild Leaders, Community Gatekeepers, Community Staff, and the Server Admins... We also have a  bunch of groups that don't confer specific permissions but act to tag guild members or show accomplishments/thanks. Ability to delegate control granularly is important as is having groups in general. (Don't get me wrong, the linear 0-75 system TS3 uses isn't ideal by any means but it does offer a lot of control regardless.)

Could see this being a potential candidate as a replacement for my guild's private TS3 server though...

I mainly just use comms. 

i just use Skype, because all of my gaming friends have it :D

Skype is the WORST for gaming. Crap voice and no in game option. Just terrible. The voice will get washed out. Works well for video but not pure voice chat for gaming. Get your friends to try this. It was a breeze to set up. Super fast and easy.

I mainly just use comms. 

Try this and see how it is in comparison. I started using comms as well. Tried to get friends to use it as well. Works well but this was really easy.

Looks like slack with voice on top... 

I'd be curious how scalable it is, how permissions work, and if it has anything equivalent to channel commander chat. I get the feeling that a lot of people who use TeamSpeak and look for alternatives are using TeamSpeak on a very small scale with their friends or guild/clan in which case pretty much any voice solution would work. I'm an admin on a 1024 user TeamSpeak server that is home to dozens of guilds from around the world so is busy 24/7. We make heavy use of things like Channel Commander, subscription levels, join permissions, priority speaker, and so on. We also have various permission groups such as Commanders, Guild Officers, Guild Leaders, Community Gatekeepers, Community Staff, and the Server Admins... We also have a  bunch of groups that don't confer specific permissions but act to tag guild members or show accomplishments/thanks. Ability to delegate control granularly is important as is having groups in general. (Don't get me wrong, the linear 0-75 system TS3 uses isn't ideal by any means but it does offer a lot of control regardless.)

Could see this being a potential candidate as a replacement for my guild's private TS3 server though...

Cool man. Yea try Discord and see how it is. I'd like to get your opinion on it.