Hulu launches ad-free service for $11.99 a month

jos
The video streaming company said Wednesday it has launched an ad-free option for users for $11.99 a month, $4 more than Hulu Plus. The announcement came three days after the company and cable network Epix said they had signed a multi-year deal that would bring Epix films to Hulu from Oct. 1. The companies did not disclose terms of the deal.

I hope they bring HULU outside US

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/02/hulu-launches-ad-free-service-for-1199-amonth.html

Now if only Hulu would merge with Netflix and maintain the same Hulu pricing structure. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I had my mental ad-block on, so I read this as "Hulu launches free service for $11.99 a month"

Aren't these types of services usually ad free once you get a subscription, any kind of subscription.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I have had Hulu for a long time now and I have loved it. even though they had ads I didn't mind since stuff was available to stream the day after it airs on cable.

I will actually get this new service then only $3 more that's nothing.  ^_^

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I had my mental ad-block on, so I read this as "Hulu launches free service for $11.99 a month"

Aren't these types of services usually ad free once you get a subscription, any kind of subscription.

hulu is one of the few that still has ads, a lot less but still there.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

On Hulu you get short 15-30 second ads on newer shows. It is meant so that they can pay to have them available to stream the day after they air. On older shows like Yugioh for example you don't get ads.

I have always liked Hulu more than Netflix.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Hulu was terrible in that you paid for the service and still had ads too..

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I have had Hulu for a long time now and I have loved it. even though they had ads I didn't mind since stuff was available to stream the day after it airs on cable.

I will actually get this new service then only $3 more that's nothing.  ^_^

hulu is one of the few that still has ads, a lot less but still there.

On Hulu you get short 15-30 second ads on newer shows. It is meant so that they can pay to have them available to stream the day after they air. On older shows like Yugioh for example you don't get ads.

I have always liked Hulu more than Netflix.

They're usually short, although with longer shows (hr long shows) you usually have multiple 2+ minute commercials, which would be fine....IF they had a pool of more than five commercials. 

Let's see....Hulu you pay for service, get the watch new shows as they air, but have to watch some commercials...vs. Netflix, which allows you to watch a handful of highly select shows years after they're released...with no commercials. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

You have to realize how much Hulu has to pay to be able to have the most current shows available to stream just hours it premiers on cable. Watching a couple 30sec ads isn't bad when you only pay $8 a month to stay current with tv series.

The way I see it is you can also pay cable companies $50+ a month and watch everything first but watch 3min of commercials every 10min or you can pay $8 and just wait a day and watch the entire series with 30sec ads. Or you can get Netflix also $8 and wait like 2 years to get to watch the series with no ads.

They're usually short, although with longer shows (hr long shows) you usually have multiple 2+ minute commercials, which would be fine....IF they had a pool of more than five commercials. 

Let's see....Hulu you pay for service, get the watch new shows as they air, but have to watch some commercials...vs. Netflix, which allows you to watch a handful of highly select shows years after they're released...with no commercials. 

Yeah When ever I'm watching a whole series on Hulu I get the same 3 ads all day. lol

Spoiler

-

yes, and they should be, but hulu is fond of double dipping and having a paid service that also gives them ad revenue.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Now if they will just let me watch certain shows without a cable TV subscription, then we'll be in business :)

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

The way I see it is you can also pay cable companies $50+ a month and watch everything first but watch 3min of commercials every 10min or you can pay $8 and just wait a day and watch the entire series with 30sec ads. Or you can get Netflix also $8 and wait like 2 years to get to watch the series with no ads.

$50/month? Damn that's cheap... I (well, my dad -- I've stopped watching tv on tv) pays $130/month -- granted, that could be knocked down to $100/month if he was willing to switch back and forth between Optimum/Verizon every two years -- but regardless, $50/month is damn good. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

$50/month? Damn that's cheap... I (well, my dad -- I've stopped watching tv on tv) pays $130/month -- granted, that could be knocked down to $100/month if he was willing to switch back and forth between Optimum/Verizon every two years -- but regardless, $50/month is damn good. 

I believe $50 for a single TV and DVR is about average but I could be wrong.

Spoiler

-

I believe $50 for a single TV and DVR is about average but I could be wrong.

For me it's $130/month for one DVR + two boxes (so three TVs in total). Each box is $8/month and each DVR is an additional $12/month (iirc). (And that $130/month is after complaining to Optimum about paying too much -- before it was like $160)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler