Windows 7 vs 8 vs 10

Khajiit Dealer

In terms of Gaming, which OS is the best in your opinion?

Personally, Windows 7 is my favorite because it's the smallest of the three, doesn't store info (jab at 10), and doesn't seem to be designed for a tablet like 8. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

I've been using W8.1 for the past few months (having been using W7 for years prior), and frankly, I can't give less of a shit which I'm using -- for all intents and purposes the two are the same. With that said, I have ran into a couple of annoying issues (which I could easily fix, if I was willing to give five seconds of my time to do it) -- the first one being that you have to be moving the cursor above a certain speed (just slightly faster than a slow crawl -- so nothing major) for it to cross the boundary between two monitors; secondly when you hit some combination of buttons (ctrl+something else) everything key you press goes towards some search, which I'm only able to quit by opening and then closing task manager. 

/I haven't used W10, so I can't speak for it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

10 because of DX12

In terms of gaming that will allow future titles to be played, Win10, but the best in current terms, Win7.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

Win 7 is the best overall but the best for gaming would have to be 10 just because of DX12, win 8 sucks.

Have had all three and enjoyed 7 and 8. Like 10 so far, still some things to get used to, mainly things to disable. :)

No experience with Windows 10 yet, but 8 and 7 work just fine. 8 has minor performance improvements while 7 is even more stable than 8, which is stable enough really.

I don't really understand the Windows 8 hate train anymore.¨Yes, the start menu might suck, but apart from that, it's so similar to 7, that why complain about it?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

7, because 8 is just poop and 10 sends everything I type to mama Microsoft.

and why does that matter?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

In terms of Gaming, which OS is the best in your opinion?

Personally, Windows 7 is my favorite because it's the smallest of the three, doesn't store info (jab at 10), and doesn't seem to be designed for a tablet like 8. 

For gaming today (and next 6 months)- 7 or 8.1... Which one is up to you- maybe 8.1 is better decision... Only reason to use 10 for gaming is DX12, but this won't be a criteria until end of Q1 2016 + will require serious gaming rig...

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

Window 10 is the best for gaming especially if you're using AMD GPU.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

and why does that matter?

What? That Windows 8 is poop or that W10 records everything I do?

For W8, anything I refer to as poo is generally not good(and in the case of W8, its caused me problems and isn't as intuitive to use when compared to most OS's I've used).

For W10, I value privacy and something like an OS shouldn't be keylogging. Would I want someone in my house watching everything I do? No, so why would I want my OS doing the same(I wouldn't). To put things into perspective: I do legal things for my work, if somebody gets a hold of what I type not only is my ass fired, but my client is screwed. Same thing with me personally, I have a lot of contact with my doctor, there is a reason why doctors and patients sign a form for confidentiality, so when I type a message or email(both encrypted) to my doctor Microsoft has no business keylogging my message. Sure, Microsoft makes the information "anonymous", but if someone gets a hold of this information or heck, even MS themselves, it doesn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together and now all of my private information is no longer private. 

Now, I'm not against this "tactic" for testing how users use their operating system because lets face it, this monitoring is actually effective(like if they see that users misclick 90% of the time, they know that the small icons are the issue), but I strongly feel like it should be something the user has to opt-in to instead of Microsoft treating all of their bitches users like lab rats and enabling it by default. I'm not even singling out M$ either, Facebook and Google are on the top of my "not cool" list, but there also is a difference between "services" and operating systems doing this kind of stuff. 

Maybe its just that you're more open than me, I mean, I know your a 17yo male that drives a latemodel red Ford Fusion and Lives in Vancouver, but not everybody is willing to share information like you are.

What? That Windows 8 is poop or that W10 records everything I do?

For W8, anything I refer to as poo is generally not good(and in the case of W8, its caused me problems and isn't as intuitive to use when compared to most OS's I've used).

For W10, I value privacy and something like an OS shouldn't be keylogging. Would I want someone in my house watching everything I do? No, so why would I want my OS doing the same(I wouldn't). To put things into perspective: I do legal things for my work, if somebody gets a hold of what I type not only is my ass fired, but my client is screwed. Same thing with me personally, I have a lot of contact with my doctor, there is a reason why doctors and patients sign a form for confidentiality, so when I type a message or email(both encrypted) to my doctor Microsoft has no business keylogging my message. Sure, Microsoft makes the information "anonymous", but if someone gets a hold of this information or heck, even MS themselves, it doesn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together and now all of my private information is no longer private. 

Now, I'm not against this "tactic" for testing how users use their operating system because lets face it, this monitoring is actually effective(like if they see that users misclick 90% of the time, they know that the small icons are the issue), but I strongly feel like it should be something the user has to opt-in to instead of Microsoft treating all of their bitches users like lab rats and enabling it by default. I'm not even singling out M$ either, Facebook and Google are on the top of my "not cool" list, but there also is a difference between "services" and operating systems doing this kind of stuff. 

Maybe its just that you're more open than me, I mean, I know your a 17yo male that drives a latemodel red Ford Fusion and Lives in Vancouver, but not everybody is willing to share information like you are.

I thought only the dev preview of W10 keylogged

not the full release

Oh and btw I release that information about me because I have facebook, so anyone who wants to know that can easily get it from them since FB sells all personal information anyway

Its not that I dont care about privacy, its that there is none no the internet. No use hiding when websites sell your information, ISPs sell your information, and there is nothing left to hide.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020