Konami fucking up news?

SImoHayha

I'm afraid this is a sign of the times and things to come.

To come? To come as of 2010 this is the reality of PC gaming: digital releases. It's just better than physical distribution I'm surprised anyone cares really, this is mostly a ridiculous console fanboy argument "Waaah I want physical releases! I want something I can touch!!!  not to mention something I can trade in later because most games are way crappy and forever overpriced to artificially entice this kind of thing

This isn't an argument PC gamers should care about, you want a "Fuck Konami" story? There's plenty of those already to go complain about this one.

-------

Current Rig

-------

#Dontusehashtags

#Apostrophesdontcountinhashtagstheybreakthem

#fukdapolice

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

No!! This better not become a thing. I prefer buying physical copies of games. Now, games that are on steam, and sold as physical copies should come with a steam key (IMO). Gta 5 DIDN'T activate on steam and I was passed. Mafia 2 and the orange box activated on steam even though I bought a physical copy.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

People buy physical copies to keep at least something physical in their game library, and/or to install the game in case internet speeds are horrible / non-existent. This kind of defeats the purpose of the disks, if you ask me.

Given that its only a single disc, no surprise. A single DVD wouldn't hold the entire game, but maybe a blue ray would. 

Yeah... How many DVD's did the physical GTA V PC release had? I don't know, but there were several installation disks (a lot more than just two like there were occasionally back in the older days), that's for sure... Pretty sure this game wouldn't fit on one DVD either.

ku_xlarge_by_lorizza-d7pmyia.gif

Get fucked LOL

Such a perfect moment to use that .gif... which is from their own product (well... published by them anyway), just to grind the point further for Konami's terrible business decisions lately... :lol:

p8qDTgx.gif

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Now am pretty pissed off actually if this is true. What about PC users whom don't have a fast internet connection ? At least GTA V offered a physical DISCS sure it was nearly 7 discs but still it was better then nothing. It took me three days to download GTAV and not to mention the infamous files being corrupted which also required 4 additional hours to re-download the broken files.

Thats so quick it took me 15 days to download GTA V 3 days is nothing.

The Dick of the audio page!

this is ridiculous. if people want a digital copy then they would buy it digitally not physically. that's why GTA 5 comes on 8 dvds and not 1 cd. not everyone has a data limit that would allow them to download a large game. My friend at work only has a 250GB cap a month and this would probably eat through a fifth of it if he decided to get the game.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

I thought everyone was joining the "discs are obsolete" bandwagon. But now people are saying they want their games on a disc?

Its more people want to have the product they thought they were buying. They better have printed on the box "Internet connection required to install".

Anyways Its not much different then what we were hearing from the console people with the Xbox One announcement. Some people - Specially in Midwest USA, have terrible internet connections and data caps. To them its faster to install from a disc then it is from their internet, or if they have data caps, 2GB of updates is better then using 28GB + Updates.

I know a fair amount of my distant relatives who live in the midwest use HughesNet because Satellite internet is the only thing available. Free hours are 2 am - 8am, and Ive only seen the speed peak at ~8.8mbps. Thats 2-3 days if they did nothing else with their internet during free hours, and the weather was absolutely perfect.

Installing from 5 discs sounds significantly better at that point if you ask me.