Rate my PC!

Really unbalanced, agreed with what everyone else has said. Not a very good build. 

Is there any branding on it? Other stickers? If not, I would change it right away. 

Ya, I think I'll be taking a look in my PC to see the brand. If it's crap, I will switch it out with a Corsair when I get it. I'm pretty terrible at moving computer parts but I will give it my best try. 

An 80 PLUS Power Supply is certified and is only a few percentage points less than that of a bronze in terms of efficiency. Here's a link to the explaination:

http://www.buildcomputers.net/80-plus-power-supply.html

Really unbalanced, agreed with what everyone else has said. Not a very good build. 

What particularly is unbalanced about it? It has a powerful GPU, CPU, and a good amount of RAM. The only critiques I can see are the SSD size and PSU. 

How much did you send. If you spent over $2000 you got ripped off. 16GBs of ram will give you the same performance and so will a overclocked 5820k. Also MINIMUM 120gb SSD. what's the exact name of the power supply?

5/10

It was around $2,000 (I generally expect it to be more expensive given how it's a prebuilt)

Upon retrospect, the power supply scares me the most. 

I'm not using the SSD for anything except a few games I like to play a lot (Witcher 3, Skyrim) and I will be shifting out games from it to my 2TB hard drive as I see fit. The only issue I see is that I can't throw GTA V on it  :P

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

I don't understand why you guys are freaking out about the SSD given how it doesn't affect gaming performance at all...

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/12/10/hdd_vs_ssd_real_world_gaming_performance/3#.VeMG3PlVhBd

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Ya, I think I'll be taking a look in my PC to see the brand. If it's crap, I will switch it out with a Corsair when I get it. I'm pretty terrible at moving computer parts but I will give it my best try. 

An 80 PLUS Power Supply is certified and is only a few percentage points less than that of a bronze in terms of efficiency. Here's a link to the explaination:

Efficiency doesn't give quality, you can get a great bunch of crap 80+ PSUs.

Also I think the other users implied good PSUs, not overpriced :P

This is a signature.

I have been using LiteON and Enermax PSU's fer years. I have yet to see a mushroom cloud. There is some no name PSU in my IBM model 30 286....it still works.

Efficiency doesn't give quality, you can get a great bunch of crap 80+ PSUs.

Also I think the other users implied good PSUs, not overpriced :P

Ah, so when my PC arrives how can I tell if the PSU is crap? I'm going to open it and inspect it. 

I have been using LiteON and Enermax PSU's fer years. I have yet to see a mushroom cloud. There is some no name PSU in my IBM model 30 286....it still works.

Ya, I'm paranoid about this PSU causing my computer to explode or something like that. 

Efficiency doesn't equal quality. 

Also, Corsair doesn't make their PSUs, just so you know. Some of the ones they sell are good and some are bad. The AX, HXi and RMi series are all good. My personal recommendation would be an EVGA GS/G2 series, or P2 if you want even better quality. Pretty much anything from Seasonic is good (they actually make their PSUs, and make them for companies like Corsair and EVGA to brand. Super Flower Leadex Gold PSUs are also good. 

Efficiency doesn't equal quality. 

Also, Corsair doesn't make their PSUs, just so you know. Some of the ones they sell are good and some are bad. The AX, HXi and RMi series are all good. My personal recommendation would be an EVGA GS/G2 series, or P2 if you want even better quality. Pretty much anything from Seasonic is good (they actually make their PSUs, and make them for companies like Corsair and EVGA to brand. Super Flower Leadex Gold PSUs are also good. 

Alright, thank you for the help. Is there any way for me to test my PSU when I receive my computer to see whether or not it's worth replacing, or should I just look at the brand and run it by this forum?

What are the chances of a low quality 1,000 watt PSU destroying my computer? I thought PSUs generally die on their own without taking the PC with them (this happened on my last rig with a 600 watt PSU after 2 years and I replaced it).

Ah, so when my PC arrives how can I tell if the PSU is crap? I'm going to open it and inspect it. 

Ya, I'm paranoid about this PSU causing my computer to explode or something like that. 

Basically, look for branding or model numbers. If there is nothing, replace it. If there is some, post what model it is on the forums and we'll be able to tell you if it's good. 

Most PSUs that are 1000W and only 80+ tend to be pretty bad. It's hard to find good 1000W PSUs that aren't at least 80+ gold to be honest. 

@MrZany in response to your post replying to mine. There's not really any way to test the PSU to see if it's good, at least, not without knowing what you're doing with some monitoring hardware. Just run it past the forums. Feel free to tag me in the thread and I'll get a notification for it. 

To tag me (and others) put this:

@Oshino Shinobu or @[member='Oshino Shinobu']

You'd post it here, but if you want to do it yourself, you'd check for the OEM and reviews, here, one of the few good things my country provided to the world, a review list: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

This is a signature.

What particularly is unbalanced about it? It has a powerful GPU, CPU, and a good amount of RAM. The only critiques I can see are the SSD size and PSU. 

It was around $2,000 (I generally expect it to be more expensive given how it's a prebuilt)

Upon retrospect, the power supply scares me the most. 

I'm not using the SSD for anything except a few games I like to play a lot (Witcher 3, Skyrim) and I will be shifting out games from it to my 2TB hard drive as I see fit. The only issue I see is that I can't throw GTA V on it  :P

Don't get a corsair power supply. Get something like the Seasonic X-Series 1050W depending on how much you want to spend and how many watts you want.

Steve

Alright, thank you for the help. Is there any way for me to test my PSU when I receive my computer to see whether or not it's worth replacing, or should I just look at the brand and run it by this forum?

What are the chances of a low quality 1,000 watt PSU destroying my computer? I thought PSUs generally die on their own without taking the PC with them (this happened on my last rig with a 600 watt PSU after 2 years and I replaced it).

Some do some dont. Just look at it and you'll see if there any names or numbers on it.

Steve

Basically, look for branding or model numbers. If there is nothing, replace it. If there is some, post what model it is on the forums and we'll be able to tell you if it's good. 

Most PSUs that are 1000W and only 80+ tend to be pretty bad. It's hard to find good 1000W PSUs that aren't at least 80+ gold to be honest. 

My low quality 600 watt PSU ran with my SLI computer for 2 years before dying. Wouldn't the 1000W PSU just destroy itself after a prolonged amount of time? I don't quite understand how a low quality PSU at 1000W would wreck my machine. I'd appreciate it if you explained it to me. Also, I have a 1 year hardware warranty on my PC, so should I just see how it goes with the 1000W one?

You'd post it here, but if you want to do it yourself, you'd check for the OEM and reviews, here, one of the few good things my country provided to the world, a review list: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

Ah, thank you very much good sir!

Don't get a corsair power supply. Get something like the Seasonic X-Series 1050W depending on how much you want to spend and how many watts you want.

If I feel the need to replace my PSU, I will certainly listen to this advice. Thank you. 

My low quality 600 watt PSU ran with my SLI computer for 2 years before dying. Wouldn't the 1000W PSU just destroy itself after a prolonged amount of time? I don't quite understand how a low quality PSU at 1000W would wreck my machine. I'd appreciate it if you explained it to me. Also, I have a 1 year hardware warranty on my PC, so should I just see how it goes with the 1000W one?

The issue isn't the wattage, is the parts inside. a low quality 600W PSU is just as likely to wreck the rest of the system as a low quality 1000W PSU. If you get a power surge, for example, most good PSUs will be able to deal with it, or will shut off. Low quality ones may not be able to deal with it, and in the worst case, will die, sending surges to other components, potentially taking them with it. 

EDIT: You could keep it for a year, but just because it lasts for that year doesn't mean it's fine. Even with a hardware warranty, it would be a pain to replace parts if the PSU does die. 

The issue isn't the wattage, is the parts inside. a low quality 600W PSU is just as likely to wreck the rest of the system as a low quality 1000W PSU. If you get a power surge, for example, most good PSUs will be able to deal with it, or will shut off. Low quality ones may not be able to deal with it, and in the worst case, will die, sending surges to other components, potentially taking them with it. 

EDIT: You could keep it for a year, but just because it lasts for that year doesn't mean it's fine. Even with a hardware warranty, it would be a pain to replace parts if the PSU does die. 

Does it help that I use a power strip that negates power surges? 

Does it help that I use a power strip that negates power surges? 

It adds another line of protection, but it's not a solution. Other things can break in the PSU, even without a surge. 

It adds another line of protection, but it's not a solution. Other things can break in the PSU, even without a surge. 

Ah, ok. Thank you.

Unless the PSU they give me is extremely crappy, I will likely keep the PSU they give me for the warranty period then switch it out for a higher quality PSU.