5820K vs 6700K

for your use the 6700K will perform better, it has higher IPC and is faster when it comes to gaming and anything else that is 6 threads or less...the 5820K will pull ahead in rendering, trancoding and compression for example...gaming: 6700K has a nice advantage and will last longer.

Also, i think for your use case an i5-6600K would be a better pick if it allow you to put more money toward a stronger GPU or just nicer parts overall...

What do u you mean by it will last longer? and in reviews and benchmark ive seen the 5820k perform as good or better that the 6700k in almost every category.

for your use the 6700K will perform better, it has higher IPC and is faster when it comes to gaming and anything else that is 6 threads or less...the 5820K will pull ahead in rendering, trancoding and compression for example...gaming: 6700K has a nice advantage and will last longer.

Also, i think for your use case an i5-6600K would be a better pick if it allow you to put more money toward a stronger GPU or just nicer parts overall...

Its 3-5% faster per clock, and you sacrifice 2 cores. I would agree with going i5 though for just gaming.

Went with the 5820K and MSI X99A Gaming 7.