Emulation anyone?

TheCaptain53

oculus rift + dolphin  vr = amazingness

seriously, vr gives old games new life when you are basically teleported into your games

played some windwaker and seeing characters 'in person' is a unique experience you would never get in the original

That sounds awesome, I gotta save up for one

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

That sounds awesome, I gotta save up for one

the consumer version doesn't release until next year so you'll have plenty of time

the consumer version doesn't release until next year so you'll have plenty of time

I don't mind having the developer version as I'm starting to be a developer myself, doing programming courses etc so id like to make games n stuff for Oculus Rift. Though I might wait to see if consumer version is cheaper.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

I don't mind having the developer version as I'm starting to be a developer myself, doing programming courses etc so id like to make games n stuff for Oculus Rift. Though I might wait to see if consumer version is cheaper.

as someone who owns a the dev kit, it'd be  a waste of money at this point

So I decided to jump into a little emulation earlier this week. Mainly speaking, I wanted to play one of my favourite Nintendo series - and possibly one of my favourite series of all time - The Legend of Zelda.

Obviously it's not supported natively on the PC, so I did a little digging around on the emulation subreddit. I asked one question and did a little bit of research and BOOM, struck gold.

For anyone who has an old Wii and GC or Wii titles lying around, I definitely recommend it. Read this post and all will be explained. https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3icyxk/emulation_where_do_i_start/

As a side note, people might ask, "Why not play it on the Wii?", to which I have 3 responses:

1. The LOZ titles I ripped are actually borrowed from a friend, I can't keep them.
  2. They're all neatly in one place on my hard drive, ready to play whenever I want.
  3. You can scale the in-game rendering for sharper image quality.

Right now I'm playing The Wind Waker at 4:3 1440p at a solid 30 fps with no dips and stutters (and it hardly works my system at all).

It's super easy, pretty cheap (I only spent £20 on an SD card, card reader and a bluetooth dongle), and works really well.

It's probably killing the CPU but not the GPU

most textures in that game aren't complex and the most complex thing in there is the effects

try something like nfs underground 2

then your system'll cry

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

It's probably killing the CPU but not the GPU

most textures in that game aren't complex and the most complex thing in there is the effects

try something like nfs underground 2

then your system'll cry

I'll have to try and get NFS Underground 2 and Carbon on my system. :D

My CPU isn't that stressed when playing The Wind Waker, very little usage, actually. About 30%.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Wii U will probably get a stable emulator before PS3 does I think.

Or maybe a little bit after

The devs of Dolphin announced that it would take the better part of a decade be quite a long time to get a Wii U emulator running properly:

https://www.facebook.com/dolphin.emu/posts/552704644827978

EDIT:  I misread the document.

[witty signature]

PCSX2 is pretty much the best emulator out there along side the numerous PS1 EMU's.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.