Question: Ship motherboard in PC case (checked-in) or in luggage?

I'm moving and I'm taking my pc with me. I'll be checking in my PC as a luggage regardless (Corsair Air 240 case in its original packaging and box). That being said. I also have the motherboard box and a hard-shelled luggage. Should I disassemble and keep the motherboard in its original box and wrap it in bubble-wrap and fit it inside my luggage or just keep it screwed onto the case (which will also be checked in as a luggage anyways)? I guess leaving the motherboard in my PC case will save some luggage space (as someone who is moving, any space is valuable). However, I'm worried that the motherboard would shatter in the PC case due to vibration.

i dont think it will hurt the mobo but be shure to take of the cpu cooler because that could really break alot

You would be best to take the motherboard out and put it in its original box, and tape the box shut.

From a personal stand point you should disassemble the PC and pack items separately. If you want to save and only take certain pieces out, do remove the motherboard out and pack it in its original packaging.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

I would leave PSU and motherboard in, take out GPU and cpu cooler

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

If you are in a hurry - keep the mobo in the case, but remove the CPU cooler, video card, HDD, SSD, other PCI things etc. Otherwise - the best option is disassembling everything, putting it in their packages and so on. Also be careful with static electricity - ground yourself or at least discharge with touching something made out of metal(the packages for computer components are isolated from the inside, but the outside can conduct current). BTW, how will you travel and for what distance? 

If you're moving by plane... Unless you're going to an entirely new country... I'd personally feel safer just shipping a PC by mail (case, motherboard and PSU), and take the rest(cpu cooler, gpu, drives, etc..) with me in a carry on.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If you are in a hurry - keep the mobo in the case, but remove the CPU cooler, video card, HDD, SSD, other PCI things etc. Otherwise - the best option is disassembling everything, putting it in their packages and so on. Also be careful with static electricity - ground yourself or at least discharge with touching something made out of metal(the packages for computer components are isolated from the inside, but the outside can conduct current). BTW, how will you travel and for what distance?

That's probably the plan.

Moving from Taiwan to US for uni. International shipping is ridiculously expensive.

If you're moving by plane... Unless you're going to an entirely new country... I'd personally feel safer just shipping a PC by mail (case, motherboard and PSU), and take the rest(cpu cooler, gpu, drives, etc..) with me in a carry on.

My trip is in two sections. I will stay in Southern California for a week before taking a domestic flight to Chicago. The international section is OK for the pc. But I will have to ship my pc from LA to Chicago.

For the second section should I keep the motherboard within the pc case? I've heard stories where TSA broke their motherboards upon inspection. I probably trust FedEx more in this case. And domestic shipping is much much cheaper.