2 guys set an impressive Tesla record (450 Miles) and caught Elon Musk's attention for it

Arty

I don't think world records are meant to be practical...

it's not a world record since it wasn't validated; you can call it a successful test run

Once they hit a 500 mile range with normal driving I'll be interested.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Nope.

EV's are only free to charge right now because of the number of people not driving them. If/when they overtake gasoline/diesel powered cars, you can be damn well guaranteed that they will cost something to charge.

Certainly would be the case if we as a species weren't moving away from fossil fuel sources. If I were a betting person I'd put money on Elon continuing the supercharger network for free. 

I do wonder how long it will be until developed nations are able to power most of their needs with solar and the like. It'll be an interesting time in terms of this discussion.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Certainly would be the case if we as a species weren't moving away from fossil fuel sources. If I were a betting person I'd put money on Elon continuing the supercharger network for free. 

I do wonder how long it will be until developed nations are able to power most of their needs with solar and the like. It'll be an interesting time in terms of this discussion.

I feel like you are greatly underestimating the greed of our corporate owners.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I feel like you are greatly underestimating the greed of our corporate owners.

haha yeah probably. 

I suppose its a combination of hope and the knowledge that as scientific literacy around the globe increases so does the abundance of technology. Corporate ownership becomes irrelevant when an idea gets out there to enough people. Its basically that or we're boned. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

haha yeah probably. 

I suppose its a combination of hope and the knowledge that as scientific literacy around the globe increases so does the abundance of technology. Corporate ownership becomes irrelevant when an idea gets out there to enough people. Its basically that or we're boned. 

Considering the fight against "free information" currently being waged by "colleges" and the media.......we're boned. (ask yourself what the real reason behind the ban on using Wikipedia as a citation is)

Congrats, you have set a record, by doing what my 1995 3000gt (non turbo automatic) could do on a single tank of 93 octane.

that being said, one tank of 93 octane costs a hell of a lot more now than a full charge for this car. 

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

that being said, one tank of 93 octane costs a hell of a lot more now than a full charge for this car. 

True, but how much oil/coal was consumed to generate that electricity?

Not to mention, like I said, when we're all driving electric cars, it will cost just as much because: greed

So they accomplished this by breaking the law and driving too slow...

So they accomplished this by breaking the law and driving too slow...

It's green energy, so it's legal in Denmark, because reasons ;) ​

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

True, but how much oil/coal was consumed to generate that electricity?

Not to mention, like I said, when we're all driving electric cars, it will cost just as much because: greed

probably less than what it took to produce and move the 1 tank of fuel. Internal combustion engines are not very efficient, this has been known for a long time. Also while the cost of power will go up over time because inflation and idiots not moving to renewables it will never match the cost per unit energy of petrol, that would just be insane and nobody could afford to even power their homes. 

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

probably less than what it took to produce and move the 1 tank of fuel. Internal combustion engines are not very efficient, this has been known for a long time. Also while the cost of power will go up over time because inflation and idiots not moving to renewables it will never match the cost per unit energy of petrol, that would just be insane and nobody could afford to even power their homes. 

When you say it like that, it just sounds more likely than ever. Maybe because I'm a cynical bastard.