Repainting room, what colours?

c_marriott

I have already decided on the colour for the skirting board but what should I do for the walls?

I want to do a blue theme and I am using this for the skirting boards (Photo attached) 

post-226874-0-77759200-1440522588.png

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

I like that color :D I was actually planning on redoing my room in the coming months with a similar tone.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I have already decided on the colour for the skirting board but what should I do for the walls?

I want to do a blue theme and I am using this for the skirting boards (Photo attached) 

If I had to paint my room, I would choose either light grey or dark-ish grey.

But the skirting boards are blue, so I would go for the same shade of blue but lighter or darker.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Its spelt *Colors   

*Eagle Screeches*

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Lighter colours on skirting and darker colours on walls usually works best...

Why not have that colour on your walls, and do the skirting white gloss?  

Its spelt *Colors   

*Eagle Screeches*

Not in British English it's not. 

You should do your skirting boards white or brown then use that colour for the actual walls.

Not in British English it's not. 

*Jaffa Screeches*

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

That colour is pretty nice, My 'Theme' wall or whatever the hell you want to call it in the living room is very similar. 

Teal type colours have long been a good choice IMO.

Colours. With a U. ;)

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

I like White and a darkish gray myself. Looks modern and clean.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I like White and a darkish gray myself. Looks modern and clean.

Great minds think alike ;); recently decorated. Would probably go for a darker grey, if i were to do it again. 

129.jpg

Great minds think alike ;); recently decorated. Would probably go for a darker grey, if i were to do it again. 

129.jpg

yeah I went with a white and grey with some accents was gonna go black and white but it's just too much

White Matt effect paint with a wallpaper feature wall.

My room

attachicon.gifIMAG0285.jpg

Nice!

That wonky picture annoys me, haha. Unless it's the angle you took the picture but everything else looks straight? O.o 

Honestly can't go wrong with a neutral colour and a feature wall. When you're bored, change the feature wall! 

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

Nice!

That wonky picture annoys me, haha. Unless it's the angle you took the picture but everything else looks straight? O.o 

Honestly can't go wrong with a neutral colour and a feature wall. When you're bored, change the feature wall!

DIY doesn't run in the family xD

White Matt effect paint with a wallpaper feature wall.

My room

attachicon.gifIMAG0285.jpg

I like that! I do want to keep it simple though so just going to use paint. 

I was initially going to do the walls in a light grey with the skirting board a darker grey

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

Would a grey go with the blue skirting boards?

I like that! I do want to keep it simple though so just going to use paint. 

I was initially going to do the walls in a light grey with the skirting board a darker grey

post-196573-0-96909900-1440524092.jpeg

Besides from the whole TV panel thing it seems pretty easy to do its just two different shades of grey and a picture on the wall,looks amazing tho

post-196573-0-96909900-1440524092.jpeg

attachicon.gifimages.jpeg

Besides from the whole TV panel thing it seems pretty easy to do its just two different shades of grey and a picture on the wall,looks amazing tho

It's annoying thought because my carpet is currently blue and that won't be able to change for a while but that may still go with the grey. I'll have to reconsider the grey walls..

Would a grey go with the blue skirting boards?

The reverse of that would look pretty clean: 

Muted-blue-bedroom-Ideal-Home.jpg

Give me a sec and i'll show you what blue skirting and gey walls would look like

The reverse of that would look pretty clean: 

Muted-blue-bedroom-Ideal-Home.jpg

Give me a sec and i'll show you what blue skirting and gey walls would look like

I quite like that!