whats happening with dx12 and nvidia?

H4RDW4R3

so couple days back i saw those ashes of the singularity benchmarks and i saw that nvidia really struggles with it

will this soon be fixed? is it just some kind of mistake with drivers or what? or nvidia just f*cked up? :D

so couple days back i saw those ashes of the singularity benchmarks and i saw that nvidia really struggles with it

will this soon be fixed? is it just some kind of mistake with drivers or what? or nvidia just f*cked up? :D

Its too early to tell, and from only one game, could just be poor optimisation of bad drivers

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

dunno - too early to tell

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Not one friggin thing!................. as yet.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

what i expect is that -from what i've heard- DX12 got a lot from mantle, which means AMD has an easier time refining it than nvidia, and nvidia will follow in the improvements in a few months time max.

that said, this DOESNT mean amd cards are now suddenly 2x as fast in all games, because DX12 support isnt gonna be patched into every old game out there...

I've only heard of two benchmarks. In the more believable of the two, an R9 390X was more or less matching a GTX 980 under DirectX 12. In the other, an R9 290X was apparently beating a GTX 980 Ti. That doesn't make me wonder what's going on with Nvidia so much as it makes me wonder what's going on with these benchmarks. They don't even seem to be consistent across media outlets.

So, the last thing I'd be doing is drawing any conclusions about what Nvidia is/isn't doing based solely on what we have seen so far.

It was ONE game. Why are people freaking out over that as if it was conslusive proof of anything? While drivers are still unoptimized these results are meaningless.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Too early to tell really.

My theory is that AMD's drivers were optimised for use with mantle and that optimisation sort of carried over to DX12. Might be true, might be completely off.

Architectural differences. Turns out AMD's GCN architecture was more suited for DX12... So... Nothing really happened to Nvidia. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Nothing happen. Everything will be fine.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO