CPU cooler fan speed not increasing!

Narendra

Hello everyone

I just built my pc and recently I have noticed that my temps shoots up to 90 degrees Celsius and the CPU cooler just stays at a fixed rpm 2000-2100 ..

I have a

Asus Maximus Ranger VII Motherboard

I7-4790k

Stock CPU cooler.

Please help me..

Normally as temps increase fan also would increase

Narendra

Hello everyone

I just built my pc and recently I have noticed that my temps shoots up to 90 degrees Celsius and the CPU cooler just stays at a fixed rpm 2000-2100 ..

I have a

I7-4790k

Stock CPU cooler.

Please help me..

I just plugged my stock cooler into a fan header and ran it to 100% and it maxxed at 1999 rpm so I think you are at 100% already

edit: this thread has a lot of good recommendations for air coolers that'll go well with your 4790k if you decide you need more cooling capacity than your stock cooler is providing

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/436764-i7-4790k-hyper-212-evo/

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Hello everyone

I have a

I7-4790k

Stock CPU cooler.

Please help me..

Is the fan connected to fan header 1? and set to auto speed in BIOS? also don't run stock cooler on i7 it will always get hot.

I just plugged my stock cooler into a fan header and ran it to 100% and it maxxed at 1999 rpm so I think you are at 100% already

edit: this thread has a lot of good recommendations for air coolers that'll go well with your 4790k if you decide you need more cooling capacity than your stock cooler is providing

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/436764-i7-4790k-hyper-212-evo/

When I turn on the computer the fan maxed and a jet like sound comes....but after that it becomes normal which is about 2000-2100rpm....is there something I have to enable??

Narendra

When I turn on the computer the fan maxed and a jet like sound comes....but after that it becomes normal which is about 2000-2100rpm....is there something I have to enable??

does the rpm of the fan show higher than 2100rpm at startup?  When the computer turns on it will max all of the fans in the pc which might explain why it is so much louder on startup.

1:42 shows the fan control portion of the monitoring in the bios.

CPU qfan should be set to auto (or pwm).  The lower limit will not make a big difference with the stock cooler, you can set this however you like (500rpm probably the best) and you can change the cpu fan profile to manual if you want it to run at a lower speed during idle and full speed at load.

selecting manual will bring up I think 6 more settings, 2 for each: High, medium, low.  Set a temperature and a fan % for each high, medium and low.  for example:  50% @ 40c for low, 75% @ 50c for medium, and 100% for 65c for high. 

You can repeat this process with any other fan headers that have fans plugged into them  to make them speed up when the cpu is under load (if they are using 3 pin connectors instead of 4 pin like the stock cpu cooler then set to DC mode or auto instead of pwm)  and you will have to select which temperature to use for control I think (select cpu or core temps, I forget what options it will give you)

Although I do not think that this will increase your cpu fan speed because I believe that it can not run any faster than about 2000rpm it may speed up your case fan(s) giving your cpu cooler air to work with.  I could be wrong but 2000rpm is as high as it went at 100% when I plugged it in to my motherboard which controls the fan speeds with speedfan.

edit: can just set them all to auto and turbo profile or full speed to get more cooling but maybe louder.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

does the rpm of the fan show higher than 2100rpm at startup?  When the computer turns on it will max all of the fans in the pc which might explain why it is so much louder on startup.

1:42 shows the fan control portion of the monitoring in the bios.

CPU qfan should be set to auto (or pwm).  The lower limit will not make a big difference with the stock cooler, you can set this however you like (500rpm probably the best) and you can change the cpu fan profile to manual if you want it to run at a lower speed during idle and full speed at load.

selecting manual will bring up I think 6 more settings, 2 for each: High, medium, low.  Set a temperature and a fan % for each high, medium and low.  for example:  50% @ 40c for low, 75% @ 50c for medium, and 100% for 65c for high. 

You can repeat this process with any other fan headers that have fans plugged into them  to make them speed up when the cpu is under load (if they are using 3 pin connectors instead of 4 pin like the stock cpu cooler then set to DC mode or auto instead of pwm)  and you will have to select which temperature to use for control I think (select cpu or core temps, I forget what options it will give you)

Although I do not think that this will increase your cpu fan speed because I believe that it can not run any faster than about 2000rpm it may speed up your case fan(s) giving your cpu cooler air to work with.  I could be wrong but 2000rpm is as high as it went at 100% when I plugged it in to my motherboard which controls the fan speeds with speedfan.

edit: can just set them all to auto and turbo profile or full speed to get more cooling but maybe louder.

BTW The temps go to 90+ when rendering on premiere pro

Narendra

BTW The temps go to 90+ when rendering on premiere pro

Hey i just checked my stock cooler top speed..its 3000+ rpm and just to check whether it works properly.i was rendering a video to which it should have increased the speed but didnt a stayed at the same speed!!!Please help!! :(  :(  :(

Narendra

Hey i just checked my stock cooler top speed..its 3000+ rpm and just to check whether it works properly.i was rendering a video to which it should have increased the speed but didnt a stayed at the same speed!!!Please help!! :(:(:(

did you adjust\change the fan profile in the bios? Asus also offers fanxpert 3 on most motherboards which makes changing speeds pretty easy

did you adjust\change the fan profile in the bios? Asus also offers fanxpert 3 on most motherboards which makes changing speeds pretty easy

Yes i have tried that and its tops out at 2100

Narendra

I booted into my bios and tried the stock cooler again this time on several different fan headers including cpu.  I changed all the speeds to max and also DC/PWM within the bios for each header i plugged in to and they all reached a max of about 2000rpm no matter what.

I found this after a little searching so maybe @airdeano will know, but I'd assume it will not go higher than the ~2000rpm other than when it starts up for some reason

https://communities.intel.com/thread/29997?start=0&tstart=0

I think your best bet will be to buy an aftermarket cooler, they are really pretty cheap and there are a lot of different types available.  They will make big difference in your load temperatures for less than 30$

Have you overclocked the cpu? - Don't on stock cooler.

Check your Cpu temps in bios right after you start up the PC. Leave it for maybe 2 minutes.

If the temps go up to 70, you can be certain that your CPU Cooler isn't installed properly.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys ...i just bought a cm hyper 212 evo ands its quite good, i have overclocked it to 4.8ghz and load temps are around 70-80 celcius, the idle temps are 35-40 celcius!! :D

Narendra

Hello everyone

I have a

I7-4790k

Stock CPU cooler.

Please help me..

Well your problem is using the Stock CPU cooler. LOL  :P

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119