Corsair 450D

packetpusher

Does anyone have prior experiences with the 450D? Good or bad?

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 5800x | Noctua NHD-15 | Radeon RX 6800 | 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite |
Laptop: Thinkpad T14 Gen 3 | Ryzen 5 Pro 6650U

I want it, Looks hella sexy,god price, put them LED fans in front BINGO

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Mine actually arrives tomorrow!!! I'm planning on building the system soon, so I'll follow the thread and post soon.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I have a 750D, which is basically the bigger brother to the 450D.

You would probably find this, lack a lot of stuff/space in the 450D.

If you wait for the right time, you can get a 750D cheaper than a 450D.

@givingtnt thinks his 450D is small and wants my 750D meanwhile i really don't know about @Flight1sim as he has a 450D.

Mine actually arrives tomorrow!!! I'm planning on building the system soon, so I'll follow the thread and post soon.

Please! I want to see the case in someones build. It looks really nice!

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 5800x | Noctua NHD-15 | Radeon RX 6800 | 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite |

Cable Management will probably be hard due to a lack of cable hooks.......

@givingtnt thinks his 450D is small and wants my 750D meanwhile i really don't know about @Flight1sim as he has a 450D.

Is it really that starved of space?

Cable Management will probably be hard due to a lack of cable hooks.......

But you have almost an inch of clearance for cables, plus zip-ties always work...

I'll post a few pics too if possible

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Is it really that starved of space?

Well first off, you barely have any drives to put. Only 3 3.5, 2 2.5 drive bays, 2 5.25 drive bays.

It would be fine if you were just getting a single card setup, 2 card is just pushing it to the limit. 

If you had the space to place the 750D, then get the 750D instead. It has a lot of space for whatever you can throw at it, meanwhile not so much for the 450D. :/

Well first off, you barely have any drives to put. Only 3 3.5, 2 2.5 drive bays, 2 5.25 drive bays.

It would be fine if you were just getting a single card setup, 2 card is just pushing it to the limit. 

If you had the space to place the 750D, then get the 750D instead. It has a lot of space for whatever you can throw at it, meanwhile not so much for the 450D. :/

I mean, I have 2 HDD's now. No ssd's (yet) and I might be able to use both of those 5.25 drive bays. One for an optical drive and another for a NZXT Hue.

But you have almost an inch of clearance for cables, plus zip-ties always work...

I'll post a few pics too if possible

Cable management on the 750D is fine.....the 450D has less hooks tho.....

2jcvEs1.jpg

1qz86YF.jpg

The 350d is really similar, down to a few inches. Not the same, but pretty damn close.

Here's a really sick build where OP outlined a few notes on the case.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95937-the-lightning-350d-build-update-4314/

Airflow is really good, however there is the tradeoff of having a fairly average front dust filter.  Thankfully the bottom filter is of much higher quality.  Positive air pressure helps quite a bit with dust management, I haven't had much dust build up in mine for the year I've had it (running 4x intake, 2x exhaust).

Front panel looks great with LED fans

Space is fine for pretty much any air-cooler I think.  Might be a couple of compatibility issues with 280mm radiators in the top? I vaguely remember Linus mentioning something about H105 incompatibility or something.  When it comes to GPUs, if you're running two triple-fan cards in SLI/CF you probably won't be able to use the drive cage in the bottom position due to length, but may be able to squeeze it in hanging from the ODD bay with about 2mm to spare (depending on your cards).  There's enough room to do 2-way SLI/CF, but not quite enough for 3 to be viable (in regards to having enough breathing room/airflow).

Unless you have a need for a large amount of drives, you shouldn't have a problem.  The cage supports 3x HDDs or SSDs, there's 2 SSD mounts behind the motherboard tray and you can always use adapters to stick things in the ODD bays.  But honestly I don't really see why you would have that many drives unless you're running RAID.

Cable management could use more hooks, but there is still a decent amount of room back there.  I'd recommend having a fully-modular PSU though, those 24 pin motherboard cables on semi-modular/non-modular PSUs take up way too much room, not to mention look pretty ugly with those coloured wires and see-through sleeving.  I do wish there was a front panel audio cutout below the motherboard though.

Anyway I'm fairly happy with mine, if you're looking for a mid-tower with good airflow it is a solid option.  Check the links in my signature for some pics if you want to see more.

Edit: If you're looking for something with a bit more room for HDDs, GPUs and cable management, you can always go for the 750D with the new airflow front panel - same style as the 450D.  It is definitely larger though so keep that in mind.
CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

I mean, I have 2 HDD's now. No ssd's (yet) and I might be able to use both of those 5.25 drive bays. One for an optical drive and another for a NZXT Hue.

You seem like you would benefit from a 750D because of it's "futureproof".

You already got 2 drives, you only got 1 more 3.5 and then 2 2.5 drive slots.

You are most likely to upgrade to more drives in the future....

Here is a link to my 450D build. I just made the pictures, but because it's still dark in my room, I had to use the flash which screws up the picture quality :P.

I'd say that 3 way configurations would easily fit, you can see that my GTX 680 is easily shorter than the HDD cage. Cable management was not bad, I could easily hide most cables. At the back I used no tyreps or anything, only like one or two twist ties, because I didn't want to make it "permanent" :P.

http://imgur.com/a/gFVE6

EDIT: oops the pictures are in the wrong order...

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

I have 350D myself, and love it! Did my first ever pc build with it. Cable management was fairly easy Id say. Would definitely recommend something from corsair D series. I you want, you can check what I have done with my build!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/404391-first-build-black-red-beast/

CPU i7 4770k GPU GTX980 MOTHERBOARD Asus Maximus Gene VII RAM Hyperx Savage 2x8gb STORAGE Crucial m550 512gb PSU Corsair AX760 COOLING Corsair H80i GT CASE Corsair 350D OS Windows 10 64bit KEYBOARD Logitech k810 MOUSE Logitech Performance MX

the 450d is not just small. its farely cheap. id rather have gotten a define r5 or define s instead.    the front filter is broken and the plastic panel has scratches everywhere (plexy glass)

other than that its fine. just a bit overpriced at the 100$ I payed for it

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

the 450d is not just small. its farely cheap. id rather have gotten a define r5 or define s instead.    the front filter is broken and the plastic panel has scratches everywhere (plexy glass)

100 bucks seems fine for a Obsidian case......

100 bucks seems fine for a Obsidian case......

yeah. but still its not the best. cable management is a bitch in this case. 

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Okay so the case arrived today, but i'm still waiting on my SSD, HDD, and power supply.

I'm terrible with the camera, so these are the best three pics I grabbed from the 30 I took.

(Album->>) http://imgur.com/a/dI8fM

Because the PSU hasn't arrived yet, I had to post the system with a spare 500w Dynex I found laying around. The system works, but I cannot review the 450d's cable management to full extent until I finish the system. From my experience thus far, this definitely has to be one of the best cases I have worked with (out of 7 or so). Routing SATA, front panel connectors, and fan/CPU block cables has been fairly easy, although my motherboard made it difficult to connect the bottom front fan (cable was just long enough, but still had to stretch). So far the cables are mostly cable-tied down, and when I finish the system they will be replaced with zip-ties.

The chassis is relatively light (15 pounds), for example compared to the Enthoo Pro (28 pounds). 

When I finish the build, I'll finish my review and add pics of the cable management.

Okay so the case arrived today, but i'm still waiting on my SSD, HDD, and power supply.

I'm terrible with the camera, so these are the best three pics I grabbed from the 30 I took.

(Album->>) http://imgur.com/a/dI8fM

Because the PSU hasn't arrived yet, I had to post the system with a spare 500w Dynex I found laying around. The system works, but I cannot review the 450d's cable management to full extent until I finish the system. From my experience thus far, this definitely has to be one of the best cases I have worked with (out of 7 or so). Routing SATA, front panel connectors, and fan/CPU block cables has been fairly easy, although my motherboard made it difficult to connect the bottom front fan (cable was just long enough, but still had to stretch). So far the cables are mostly cable-tied down, and when I finish the system they will be replaced with zip-ties.

The chassis is relatively light (15 pounds), for example compared to the Enthoo Pro (28 pounds). 

When I finish the build, I'll finish my review and add pics of the cable management.

The things that i was worried about was the 450D are the cable hooks on the back.

There's not that much compared to the 750D.

5-P1000497.jpg

IMG_8549.jpg

yeah. but still its not the best. cable management is a bitch in this case. 

It's always those cable hooks.....

thats what. 9 extra that I don't have. I have like 2-3

thats what. 9 extra that I don't have. I have like 2-3

Always mod the case..... ;)

750D beats the hell out of my old case.

nlVJHOt.jpg

Not sure if you really want to call the 450D cheap, because I've personally compared it with other cases including ours, and I don't think cheap is a word that best describes it. Anyway, If you'd like us to send you a front panel and side panel replacements, you're welcome to submit an RMA request and I'll personally sort it out for you. You just have to send me the ticket # once it's been assigned to you.