IS THIS TO MUCH?!

JoeOCD
Go to solution Solved by TheRetiredSlave,

I never intend to build this rig.

It's stupidly overkill and it's a energy hog!

I just wanted to see the reactions that people would give me.

So yeah, this was a troll system.  ;)

Well ya see, it's isn't really that bad of a troll system. Sure, the RAM is overkill, but the hard drive setup might make sense in some very specific situations depending on the user. Dual 390X's is (AFAIK) a decent balance of price and performance especially at 4K, though, power consumption is quite high and CF/SLI is generally worse than a more powerful single-card.. I generally advice against buying tons of aftermarket fans, but there's nothing wrong with doing so if you're one of those people who actually wants their fans to match and look all sexy-like (unlike my eclectic mix of brown Noctuas and white stock Fractals).

6.8/10 -Not a bad build.

;)

Too much for what?...

my-girlfriend-and-i-both-work-three-jobs <jk

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

No it's not too much.

It's way too few elaboration and just a random topic with a PCPartpicker link with weird components.

Well its an over powerful calculator if that is what your after? But if you want this for gaming? Then its a powerful rig, but you would be better off with a single more powerful card than two weaker ones. 

for a $3000 build its fine. but just get a ssd and a 4tb HDD

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Lame joke of today: no it's not too much because it's not over 9000 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

You're overdoing the motherboard and you should get a single 1tb ssd instead of two 480gb ones, but other than that it looks good. Assuming it's for gaming/storage (btw just go for dual 2tb hdds, why use up 4 bays for no reason?)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well its an over powerful calculator if that is what your after? But if you want this for gaming? Then its a powerful rig, but you would be better off with a single more powerful card than two weaker ones. 

agreed.

Well ya see, it's isn't really that bad of a troll system. Sure, the RAM is overkill, but the hard drive setup might make sense in some very specific situations depending on the user. Dual 390X's is (AFAIK) a decent balance of price and performance especially at 4K, though, power consumption is quite high and CF/SLI is generally worse than a more powerful single-card.. I generally advice against buying tons of aftermarket fans, but there's nothing wrong with doing so if you're one of those people who actually wants their fans to match and look all sexy-like (unlike my eclectic mix of brown Noctuas and white stock Fractals).

6.8/10 -Not a bad build.

;)

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

6.8/10 -Not a bad build.

;)

Thanks dude!  :lol: