Noctua, are they REALLY doing it right?

VAITO

Just get bequiet or noiseblocker fans imo..

Interested in Business and Technology

I wish Noctua came out with some 200mm fans...

they are planning on it, that was announced with the industrial fans and project redux

The fans that come with the nh d14 are hella loud

I believe those are the NF-P12

I would have to agree but there are plans of product lines in different colours coming up in the near future.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I think that noctua fans are very nice fans ! But your right I would not buy them because of the color

Why does color matter to you and other for that matter so much? I mean I could understand if you had bunches of money and time to blow customizing your rig like many of the builds of the week otherwise I dont see a point, especially since I dont sit here staring into my rig the whole time.

Any good fan won't tick but, that isn't just a Noctua trait.

Also my opinion isn't based off of charts as I'm well aware the type of noise is also a big factor, Rather that I have had alot of experience using alot of different types of fans, in particular the NF-F12's which have been in a great number of my rigs and builds I have done at work, and at a high rpm they don't sound as good as other fans on the market. I'm not by any means saying they are terrible, or even bad, Just that they aren't as amazing as what they are made out to be.

completely agree, way overhyped.

They'll have black fans in the future, but even they are brown on those rubbery things :(

Those are industrial grade fans. You won't be using those in your case, i can guarantee you that.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Just ordered 2 NF-F12's, don't have a case window anyways and my SP120 PE's are just too loud.

CPU: i5 4670K w/ NH-D15 - RAM: 4x4GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 - GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME - SSD: 250GB 850 EVO - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games) & 2TB (storage) - MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Window - Fans:  A lot of Noctua NF-F12 (intake, exhaust) & 1x140mm Fractal Design included case fan - Monitor: DELL U2515H - Keyboard: Custom Logitech G105 - Mouse: Roccat Kova+ - Extra: LG Optical Drive, a lot of dust

I think that noctua fans are very nice fans ! But your right I would not buy them because of the color

I'm also in the "didn't buy because of color group. They don't look terrible, but I went with Corsair SP and AF fans because they performed well for my application and looked great.

Why does color matter to you and other for that matter so much? I mean I could understand if you had bunches of money and time to blow customizing your rig like many of the builds of the week otherwise I dont see a point, especially since I dont sit here staring into my rig the whole time.

I get that you may not care for what your rig looks like, and that's totally fine. However there are others like myself that enjoy building something that not only performs well, but also looks good. My computer is sitting on my desk and I see it all the time. I put a lot of hours into, choosing my specs, putting it together, cable management, and overall just making it my computer. To me, I want to see inside my case. Its a personal preference and everyone has a different opinion. 

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

Those are industrial grade fans. You won't be using those in your case, i can guarantee you that.

I will :D

I'm also in the "didn't buy because of color group. They don't look terrible, but I went with Corsair SP and AF fans because they performed well for my application and looked great.

I get that you may not care for what your rig looks like, and that's totally fine. However there are others like myself that enjoy building something that not only performs well, but also looks good. My computer is sitting on my desk and I see it all the time. I put a lot of hours into, choosing my specs, putting it together, cable management, and overall just making it my computer. To me, I want to see inside my case. Its a personal preference and everyone has a different opinion. 

I by no means "dont care what mt rig looks like" but Id rather have it perform better than looks better. The other this is with a enthusist system such as mine hardware us getting upgraded when I can, so makeing something pretty every time would be a pain. I personally think it looks pretty good for a computer. It is missing many fan though since im trying to wait it out for the industrial ones.

IMG_5459-w.jpg

IMG_5460-w.jpg