XTU controlling clock speeds after reboot

0ld_Chicken

so it seems that XTUservice (see attachment) likes to randomly pop up about 2 minutes after startup and set my clock speeds to whatever I was running in xtu last as soon as it starts.  If I end this task then the pc crashes as if a overclock is too high, even though both the bios loaded profile and the xtu loaded profile should be totally stable.  XTU does not start the Uilauncher with windows so you really dont know its happening unless looking at HWMonitor or task manager

post-196315-0-48445200-1440351970.png

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version from intel twice and it still does it, so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!  has anyone else seen/heard of this/uninstalled xtu because of it?  is it supposed to do this?

thanks

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

XTU changes BIOS settings from Windows side. Just like all the other CPU/mobo overclocking software utilities. You can reset the whole thing by clearing BIOS memory (CMOS). After that XTU would show same default settings BIOS has before the change.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

XTU changes BIOS settings from Windows side. Just like all the other CPU/mobo overclocking software utilities. You can reset the whole thing by clearing BIOS memory (CMOS). After that XTU would show same default settings BIOS has before the change.

Thanks so much!  Now anything I enter in my bios comes up in the default column of XTU and it does not change unless I tell it to.   That is exactly what I needed

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

• 2 weeks later...

so everything has been working as it should for the last week, I have not started/used XTU or made any bios changes for 3 days.  yet this morning after about 1-2 minutes of boot, when the xtu service starts, it throws my pc in to adaptive voltage.  This has not been happening the last several days (I always run HWiNFO).  The thing that I find odd is that xtu lists it's default settings as the settings in my bios (static voltage, same ratio and everything) as it should, yet enables some non-existant profile with adaptive voltages which I never ever use.  After uninstalling xtu and restarting my pc the problem is gone and all settings stay as they should as I've set them in the bios.  I really like having it for stress testing but can't seem to work around this for some reason.  

anybody else having this issue?

Remove xtu from your list of startup programs; Also disable "enable settings on boot" or similar options in XTU

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Remove xtu from your list of startup programs; Also disable "enable settings on boot" or similar options in XTU

well it does not show up in the list of startup programs so the only way to keep it from starting the service at startup is to disable the service in msconfig but then I cannot start XTU manually until I re-enable the service in msconfig.  and XTU has no such settings as far as I can tell

edit: I will keep doing this if it is the only way but this can't be right.  I dont even have any profiles with adaptive voltage and xtu default is the same as my current bios settings so I'm extra confused