Now that we are all going to use Free sync I mean adaptive sync (Lol)

Jahramika

Since AMD has won the battle of screen tearing can we get Linus and his crew to do a videos worshiping AMD like they worship Nvidia? and get videos on all the monitors that support free sync (cough) adaptive sync that are already on the market. Hitler had a crew that spread-ed his propaganda to you know.

I support that !

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

I say force Linus to use A Fury X in his rig, rather than the original Titan :)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Since AMD has won the battle of screen tearing.

Not yet, Nvidia promises future advantages of G-Sync over Free Sync, the battle hasn't started yet.

I do however agree we need more AMD card and Free Sync monitor reviews.

What gave you the impression they worship nvidia in any way?...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Not yet, Nvidia promises future advantages of G-Sync over Free Sync, the war hasn't started yet.

I do however agree we need more Free Sync monitor reviews.

Nope, Intel chose. And even nvidia can't touch intel.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They worship Nvidia and (mostly in the past) Corsair cause they get a lot of free stuff from them

They get free amd cards too, although not always directly from amd. I always found them pretty impartial on the matter.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What gave you the impression they worship nvidia in any way?...

1) They wear Nvidia t-shirts.

2) They all use Nvida cards.

3) They have a Nvdia trip vlog of something.

4) They didn't do enough AMD card reviews.

They worship Nvidia and (mostly in the past) Corsair cause they get a lot of free stuff from them

Not really... They review products that companies send them. AMD hardly sends them anything. They give good reviews if the product is good, and bad reviews if the product is really bad.

They wear NVIDIA t-shirts because NVIDIA gives out free t-shirts at events. I have an NVIDIA phone-holder...thingy, because they were giving it out for free at an event. If it said AMD on it I would still be using it, because it's rather useful. But AMD has not given me any phone holder thingies.

They use NVIDIA cards because 1) NVIDIA sends them more graphics cards than AMD. AMD hardly sends them anything. 2) NVIDIA has traditionally had better support in Adobe programs, which they rely on for work.

They have a lot of vlogs about a lot of stuff.

They don't do a lot of AMD reviews because AMD hasn't released as many things as NVIDIA, especially recently.

You need to understand the difference between a fanboy, which is someone who uses things and says good things because NVIDIA is NVIDIA, and a regular person who uses things and says good things because they're useful and good. If NVIDIA cards were not useful or good, they would not be using them. But they are, so they are.

1) so what? Wearing stuff they got at a huge convention doesn't mean they worship that brand.

2) because they got them for free and linus uses gamestream a lot. Besides even owning nvidia card doesn't mean they worship them. I own an AMD card, does that mean I WORSHIP AMD?

3) They were invited to a huge case modding convention by nvidia. Wouldn't you have taken the opportunity instantly?

4) By what metric? They reviewed fiji and the other cards are rebrands for the most part, although with some improvements. Not to mention they're moving and don't have a ton of time.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Since AMD has won the battle of screen tearing can we get Linus and his crew to do a videos worshiping AMD like they worship Nvidia? and get videos on all the monitors that support free sync (cough) adaptive sync that are already on the market. Hitler had a crew that spread-ed his propaganda to you know.

The XL2730Z, XR341CK, and 34UM67 reviews are all available for anyone to watch.

It's good that Adaptive-Sync support is starting to get rolling, however I must point out that every FreeSync implementation so far is inferior to G-SYNC from a technical standpoint. AMD is far from winning.

I suspect that NVIDIA will transition to Adaptive-Sync-based technology branded as G-SYNC 2.0 or something like that, with a more stringent certification program than FreeSync which requires implementation of things like frame-duplication and a full-range variable frequency from 9Hz to the max refresh rate. Right now that's AMD's biggest weakness, to get products on the market as quickly as possible they've set the FreeSync-certification bar so low that they've diluted the name of their technology to something that does not really impress people as much as G-SYNC does.

Not really... They review products that companies send them. AMD hardly sends them anything. They give good reviews if the product is good, and bad reviews if the product is really bad.

Uh huh, like how they super overhyped and overadvertised the Corsair RM

"Rawr XD"

Not yet, Nvidia promises future advantages of G-Sync over Free Sync, the battle hasn't started yet.

I do however agree we need more AMD card and Free Sync monitor reviews.

They cant combine ULMB with gsync at the same time.

And there is nothing else to do here.

They cant combine ULMB with gsync at the same time.

And there is nothing else to do here.

Innovation still exists :x

Innovation still exists :x

Not on LCD.

Nope, Intel chose. And even nvidia can't touch intel.

To be fair, Intel wants to support VESA Adaptive-Sync, not Freesync.

And since VESA Adaptive-Sync is not owned by anyone (in teori), so can Intel make there own version.

Since AMD has won the battle of screen tearing

They havent won the war just because Intel uses VESA Adaptive-Sync, as that only effect the iGPU marked (GPU built into the CPU).

Well, they have kind of won that battle, but not the the war.

The war will be decided by the entusiast builders, since they are the once who directly or indirecly spreads info about whats "best". (People like Linus).

To be fair, Intel wants to support VESA Adaptive-Sync, not Freesync.

And since VESA Adaptive-Sync is not owned by anyone (in teori), so can Intel make there own version.

Sure, but what would even be the point? They can't really market to hardcore gamers, they're better off using AMD's software.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So its easier to tell which one to get. Plus then they dont have to make the AMD software work with there software.

Further differentiating the market won't make it any easier to pick a product ^^ and trust me, it's easier to adapt existing software than to rewrite it from scratch. Besides, there is no reason for ANY manufacturer to not include freesync support on their a-vsync monitors since it's completely free; even if intel adds their own, why not support both?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Further differentiating the market won't make it any easier to pick a product ^^ and trust me, it's easier to adapt existing software than to rewrite it from scratch. Besides, there is no reason for ANY manufacturer to not include freesync support on their a-vsync monitors since it's completely free; even if intel adds their own, why not support both?

If Intel made there own, so would it probally be called Intel Sync or something like that. So its not as confusing: "Why should I buy an AMD product when I got an Intel product?" and so on.

It might be no extra cost to get the software, but it still requires people to make it/intergate it, which costs money.

If Intel made there own, so would it probally be called Intel Sync or something like that. So its not as confusing: "Why should I buy an AMD product when I got an Intel product?" and so on.

It might be no extra cost to get the software, but it still requires people to make it/intergate it, which costs money.

Not really, unlike g-sync all that is required for freesync is a fairly minor firmware tweak. Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*