Gaming Headphone Recommendations?

he said he plays CSGO and good headphones for that. And I said my choice...

"I'm looking for headphones that have good sound quality while having very good directional sound( I play a lot of competitive Counter Strike )."

m50's do not have good directional sound at all.

SOme of the best in that price range would be something like AKG K612 pro,

or some other open back at least (Hd 558, and others)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

what?

OP asks for recommendtaions I say a headphone.... its how it works

1.) Budget is higher than the M50X. You aren't maximizing his maximum budget.

2.) M50X? Its little brother, the M40X, is more neutral than that.

he said he plays CSGO and good headphones for that. And I said my choice...

1.) Never recommend something limited to what you prefer or what you usually use. Its like saying a Nissan GTR because you own one and think its the best shit ever to someone who has a much higher budget and there are cars that are just blatantly faster, quicker, don't suffer from potential turbo lag, and not that much more expensive..

2.) The AKG K612 Pro (when it goes on sale from time to time) ends up being the much better performer for positional audio and soundstage than the M50X

Formerly known as TumbleButt (I won't send dick pics now, I'll just send lemons instead (rotting lemons from now on). Recommend the M50X, I'll send you a rotting lemon... because thats what you are, a rotting lemon...)

Yeah @TumbleButt has been replaced by @lemoncheeck after a dick pic incident

Oh because the 598 will match your noctua fans.

It's the 558 noctua eddition

I've legitimately been thinking about doing a beige and brown build for this specific reason.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

"I'm looking for headphones that have good sound quality while having very good directional sound( I play a lot of competitive Counter Strike )."

m50's do not have good directional sound at all.

SOme of the best in that price range would be something like AKG K612 pro,

or some other open back at least (Hd 558, and others)

ya know, im fine with you listing options and telling me the pros and cons. but somone telling me I have no idea what im talking about and that I know nothing? that kinda pisses me off... so...  (SSL not you)

if you have some hate or critizizeing over my sleection go ahead. best for OP right? 

ya know, im fine with you listing options and telling me the pros and cons. but somone telling me I have no idea what im talking about and that I know nothing? that kinda pisses me off... so...  (SSL not you)

if you have some hate or critizizeing over my sleection go ahead. best for OP right? 

Its just that:

1.) The M50X was recommended over and over again... WAY TOO MUCH.

2.) If you actually tried headphones other than the M50X, you'd be surprised at how much of a better bang for the buck other headphones are.

3.) Just because its your personal opinion, it doesn't mean you should always stick to it. Sometimes, when you recommend something, atleast think through it first.

Formerly known as TumbleButt (I won't send dick pics now, I'll just send lemons instead (rotting lemons from now on). Recommend the M50X, I'll send you a rotting lemon... because thats what you are, a rotting lemon...)

Its just that:

1.) The M50X was recommended over and over again... WAY TOO MUCH.

2.) If you actually tried headphones other than the M50X, you'd be surprised at how much of a better bang for the buck other headphones are.

3.) Just because its your personal opinion, it doesn't mean you should always stick to it. Sometimes, when you recommend something, atleast think through it first.

like I said. poeple listing pros and cons of other headphones that differ from my choice that I have used b4 im fine with it

my problem is people telling me I dont know shit.

like I said. poeple listing pros and cons of other headphones that differ from my choice that I have used b4 im fine with it

my problem is people telling me I dont know shit.

My problem isn't with you not knowing shit. My problem with guys like you is that you stick to your guns WAYYY too much,

My problem isn't with you not knowing shit. My problem with guys like you is that you stick to your guns WAYYY too much,

I just said I dont care if you dont like the m50x or whatever I fucking choose

Im just pissed off at SSL for telling me Im obvilious just because I say/recommend something

Im just pissed off at SSL for telling me Im obvilious just because I say/recommend something

Then get used to being roasted, then.

your one of thoes poeple then... ok.....

We don't like dumb recommendations that leads to people purchasing products they could've spent their money on something better for slightly more or slightly less.

your one of thoes poeple then... ok.....

I learned the audio subforum is a bit more harsh than others.

I learned to know my stuff, or don't reply.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm going to agree with Lemoncheek's and spwath's AKG's recommendations.
Really great headphones.

Edited by Elk

But... Two posts above or so, you said it wasn't SSL... The reason we Crack down on people recommending the M50X is that A) they're terrible for gaming, because they have no sound stage. B) they are WAY over priced, and they are far too similar to the m40x to justify the huge price difference. C) everyone who recommends them tends to recommend them when the budget is two or even three times the price, and let's be honest;they're already overpriced. They are not going to compete with much of anything in the $300-$500 range when they can't even compete with anything worth recommending over $100. D) if you're going to recommend them regardless of all those things, at least qualify your recommendation with the fact that you've never tried anything better. And most (if not all) of the people that recommend them do not qualify their recommendation, so they get told that they are dumb/clueless/what have you.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I'm going to agree with Lemoncheek's AKG's recommendations.

Really great headphones.

The only AKG headphones I ever liked are the K612's and the K7XX.

Mind you, I currently hate AKG... but that ain't stopping me from recommending them.

I'm going to agree with Lemoncheek's AKG's recommendations.

Really great headphones.

Hey I was first in recommending them in this thread :)

But... Two posts above or so, you said it wasn't SSL... The reason we Crack down on people recommending the M50X is that A) they're terrible for gaming, because they have no sound stage. B) they are WAY over priced, and they are far too similar to the m40x to justify the huge price difference. C) everyone who recommends them tends to recommend them when the budget is two or even three times the price, and let's be honest;they're already overpriced. They are not going to compete with much of anything in the $300-$500 range when they can't even compete with anything worth recommending over $100. D) if you're going to recommend them regardless of all those things, at least qualify your recommendation with the fact that you've never tried anything better. And most (if not all) of the people that recommend them do not qualify their recommendation, so they get told that they are dumb/clueless/what have you.

i thought it was obvious it was SSL... im pouring down at... clearly you can see his post telling me i dont know anything

i thought it was obvious it was SSL... im pouring down at... clearly you can see his post telling me i dont know anything

Looks like someone's THAT pissed off.

I know, I just don't see why you'd say it wasn't SSL. Anyway, above are some of the reasons we say what we say to people that recommend M50X.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I know, I just don't see why you'd say it wasn't SSL. Anyway, above are some of the reasons we say what we say to people that recommend M50X.

yea yea i kinda get the fact that m50x are obsolete in this condition by now...

yea yea i kinda get the fact that m50x are obsolete in this condition by now...

when the M50X came out, it was overpriced. There was never a good reason to buy the X. The regular M50, at one point, was worth buying, but that was some time ago.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Hey I was first in recommending them in this thread :)

Oh sorry ;_____; skimmed through the thread

The only AKG headphones I ever liked are the K612's and the K7XX.

Yeah, pretty sure that's how it is with most people. What I really hate with AKG headphones are their detachable cables. I have bad experiences with them, but I treat my headphones like total thrash so I deserve it.

Oh sorry ;_____; skimmed through the thread

Yeah, pretty sure that's how it is with most people. What I really hate with AKG headphones are their detachable cables. I have bad experiences with them, but I treat my headphones like total thrash so I deserve it.

I hate that they allowed themselves to be Harman's bitch. Okay, JBL and AKG are pumping out products that are arguably more profitable when they were bought off, and I like JBL's speakers... but come on. Not another company that doesn't manufacture its own flagship product IN-HOUSE (in AKG's case)! Also, China-fying alot of their products... I'm somewhat still a doubter on China's care in mass production (like, making sure I don't have a poorly assembled product), and I hope they aren't using kids who are deprived of a social life or the outside world, and their rights to education, locked up in the factory, and be given food and clothes, with the factory as shelter, and thats about it.

People that mindlessly recommend the M50x piss me off.

People that mindlessly recommend the M50x piss me off.

agreed

especially for gaming

overpriced junk xb600s are cheaper and on practically same level if you are all about that bass