Cx600m

TechnoBacon

So I built a new pc, I got it running, it was all good. 2 days later when i pressed the power switch, nothing happened. I could hear this bee like sound from the psu. Is it anything i can do inside the psu or is that too dangerous? Does this occationaly happen to all budget PSUs or does corsair make piece of shit products in that price range? I didnt really buy it for the price, I needed it to fit in a graphite 380t case and I have good experience with the rm series, but im pretty sure they dont fit.

To sum up: I need a new psu to fit my 380t case, it must be modular/ semi modular.

I want to confirm my theory that cxm PSUs are trash and that I was one of many

I dont care about my english at this point

Sounds like a bios reset is in order.

Remove cmos battery, hold down power button and put it back while power is off.

I've used tons of CXM PSU's and I actually used one in the 380t (CX750M). Was your power supply oriented properly? Or was the fan trying to intake air from beneath the motherboard tray?

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

So I built a new pc, I got it running, it was all good. 2 days later when i pressed the power switch, nothing happened. I could hear this bee like sound from the psu. Is it anything i can do inside the psu or is that too dangerous? Does this occationaly happen to all budget PSUs or does corsair make piece of shit products in that price range? I didnt really buy it for the price, I needed it to fit in a graphite 380t case and I have good experience with the rm series, but im pretty sure they dont fit.

To sum up: I need a new psu to fit my 380t case, it must be modular/ semi modular.

CX series PSU's are horrible...

and its extremely dangerous to operate inside a PSU

EVGA B2 G2 P2 T2 GS PS

Any XFX

SeaSonic

SuperFlower

Corsair AX HX HXi

And the many Antec PSUs made by Delta or SeaSonic.

I'll,link a few if wanted.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The CX series should not be used in builds with real GPUs, plain and simple. You may have gotten a dud from the factory so I would refund it. You can then afford an XFX PSU or Antec HCG/EVGA B2/G2/GS

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Sounds like a bios reset is in order.

Remove cmos battery, hold down power button and put it back while power is off.

are you talking about the mobo now?

I've used tons of CXM PSU's and I actually used one in the 380t (CX750M). Was your power supply oriented properly? Or was the fan trying to intake air from beneath the motherboard tray?

I have not yet installed windows, so the psu was probably drawing 100 watts or something whilst idling in the bios (to check for force reboots) I also tried to run the psu open air after it stopped working, so its definetely not my fault

I have not yet installed windows, so the psu was probably drawing 100 watts or something whilst idling in the bios (to check for force reboots) I also tried to run the psu open air after it stopped working, so its definetely not my fault

Use a paper clip to jump the PSU and just have it sit around idling for a while, if the PSU shuts off on it's own that may be an indication that the PSU is damaged and not something else.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

The CX series should not be used in builds with real GPUs, plain and simple. You may have gotten a dud from the factory so I would refund it. You can then afford an XFX PSU or Antec HCG/EVGA B2/G2/GS

Ill check out some evga psus, we only have evga, cm and corsair in norway. A little xfx too i belive, are those solid?

Use a paper clip to jump the PSU and just have it sit around idling for a while, if the PSU shuts off on it's own that may be an indication that the PSU is damaged and not something else.

It doesnt turn on in the first place, just this summing sound

CX series PSU's are horrible...

and its extremely dangerous to operate inside a PSU

Thats what i thought, but why does linus and austin evans use them in builds?

Ill check out some evga psus, we only have evga, cm and corsair in norway. A little xfx too i belive, are those solid?

All XFX stuff is good.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

CX are crap - might be broken.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

blah blah post incoming

hate to say it but it's likely they have also kind of fell into the "fancy brand automatically means good quality" trap, or sponsorship reasons, I noticed the "ultimate gaming build" i've seen advertised in some competition was using a cx430. and i believe that was an intel sponsored competition. 

why put such a cheapo PSU in an "ultimate gaming build"? makes no sense.

or maybe people just dont give a shit about the PSU cause it doesn't give you extra frames per second in battlefield.....

i know i bash the heck out of CX PSU's but i do it with reasons, Anyone that's done a fair bit of research will know that no matter the "WOW SUCH A BARGAIN!!, CORSAIR = TOP QUALITY" reputation that CX units have, there is a lot of mould on the side of it. and that alone warrants a vote of no confidence.

What i think would be needed is for someone to make a Faceman post about the Corsair CX/VS Line and the EVGA B Line.

@Faceman Can you like ....clone yourself and like make your clone a PSU enthusiast so they can make a "People think they are getting a good deal on Corsair CX PSU's/EVGA B PSU's for their Gaming rigs but they are not post? :D.

if you want a good PSU then i'd pretty much just throw out the EVGA GS much like @STRMfrmXMN would do. but XFX would be a good option to go for too (XTR would be my pick) :).

Everytime i see one of those evga gs's im gonna think of STRMfrmXMN..

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

blah blah post incoming

hate to say it but it's likely they have also kind of fell into the "fancy brand automatically means good quality" trap, or sponsorship reasons, I noticed the "ultimate gaming build" i've seen advertised in some competition was using a cx430. and i believe that was an intel sponsored competition. 

or maybe people just dont give a shit about the PSU cause it doesn't give you extra frames per second in battlefield.....

i know i bash the heck out of CX PSU's but i do it with reasons, Anyone that's done a fair bit of research will know that no matter the "WOW SUCH A BARGAIN!!, CORSAIR = TOP QUALITY" reputation that CX units have, there is a lot of mould on the side of it. and that alone warrants a vote of no confidence.

What i think would be needed is for someone to make a Faceman post about the Corsair CX/VS Line and the EVGA B Line.

@Faceman Can you like ....clone yourself and like make your clone a PSU enthusiast so they can make a "People think they are getting a good deal on Corsair CX PSU's/EVGA B PSU's for their Gaming rigs but they are not post? :D.

if you want a good PSU then i'd pretty much just throw out the EVGA GS much like @STRMfrmXMN would do. but XFX would be a good option to go for too (XTR would be my pick) :).

Bro I'll do a CX post but I gotta install another browser. Chrome is crashy as of late...

blah blah post incoming

K, writing it right now. I'll tag ya in it.

Before I knew better about power supplies I my girlfriend's PC was built using a CX430M for a Pentium 3258 and an R9 270. A year now and it's still going strong, so that's not to say CX is bad for a budget build; but never to be considered for anything higher than budget-oriented systems. Especially when on rebate you can get one for $20.

I do not endorse CX series PSUs unless you can get one for that dirt cheap and aren't going to put any form of high-end components in with it. Ever.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Austin, is like an amateur (Going to get slapped for that) 

I also have no recall of Linus ever using a CX Series... 

If you want to make good builds,

Do it yourself. Learn from what other people say, Learn what products are good, what are bad yourself (And from info other people tell)

Austin, is like an amateur (Going to get slapped for that) 

I also have no recall of Linus ever using a CX Series... 

If you want to make good builds,

Do it yourself. Learn from what other people say, Learn what products are good, what are bad yourself (And from info other people tell)

Well, Linus used it in some "holiday buyers guide" I belive.

All my knowledge of components come from this forum and linus's videos, I've buildt 2 systems with corsair power supplies using the "rm" line. Naturally I expected the cx line to be adequate for a low-medium end build. I did not understand the " do it yourself" or "learn what is good or bad yourself" part, because its pretty obvious I'm doing exactly that

Linus uses Corsair because of sponsors, apart from in the work systems where they used V750s (because they are better :P)

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W