AMD GPUs and their Nvidia counterpart.

I was mostly going by price but the 950 in sometimes does have the edge but I should've mentioned by no more than 10FPS.

My signature, ahem. Have not got the 379 yet and plan to redo it, but it is more detailed than this ;)

That is the only place AMD doesn't do as well in, the Titan X does smash the R9 Fury X but both are great cards for most cases. If you want to game at 4K both cards should be fine.

Once again every forgets the 295x2, yes the titan x is a little quicker (bugger all) but the AMD card is like 1/3 the cost (not really but close enough). you might not be a fanboi, but you have no understanding of objectivity (it's the internet, so... yeah no-one here really does).

My signature, ahem. Have not got the 379 yet and plan to redo it, but it is more detailed than this ;)

vvvvv

Bob Jim's comparison

He does go in depth with where the card is and gives the price range for the GPU, he also states whether you're better off with one or another.

His doesn't include benchmarks, and he is only comparing two cards.

My comparison

Mine has Benchmarks, goes through the basics and is more of a pick a tier there are your options, and where it sits in comparison to its Nvidia counterpart. Overall mine was simplistic and sort of objective.

I wasn't as through, I didn't say who won (which I think is sort of subjective to say who wins. One might be okay with slightly less FPS if that means they save money)

@byalexandr They must have updated it since I last checked (like Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon) either way if one can snatch up a 280X that's going to be better than an R7 370. Also some compromises can be made instead of ultra or very high maybe lower a setting or two that should really affect the look and feel of the game but gain back those lost FPS.

I was trying to also allow for some overlap because say someone can't quite afford a 970 but doesn't mind the slower 380. Of course the 390/290 is a fairer comparison.

@Blake I'm going with what's current (not minding old(er) AMD variants).

Back to Bob Jim... if it's not in the first three pages and shown up as a result then I figure that it's probably safe to post. 

Yours is detailed in terms of which is the better buy and  but lacks benchmarks and compression of your information through spoilers is non existent. 

Sometimes simplicity is key and making something digestible helps.

Okay I added your reference to your guide if one wants more detail or recommendations, added a clarification that mine was more so the here are the levels and what you can expect to find from either side current at said level and that if you can't afford the current offerings something from the 200 series or 7000 series will be your best bet. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

• 3 months later...

I thought the 980ti would also be in the enthusiast section. Isn't it better than a Titan X?

its literally like 1-3% worse than it

my 1350mhz out of the box Asus Strix 980ti wants to have a chat with you son ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

So where does the R9 380X fall?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

• 2 weeks later...

The amd 380 is better than gtx 960

But on dx 11 optimised games gtx 960 wins.

Where is my 580?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

How you compare the 390x with the 980 the 980 cost like 100 more you should compare it with the fury