Movie Studio Sues Individual Popcorn Time USERS For Infringement.

Syntaxvgm

This is not a repost of this. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/433516-two-arrests-in-denmark-for-spreading-information-about-popcorn-time/

A whole different story this time.

http://bgr.com/2015/08/20/popcorn-time-lawsuit-the-cobbler-adam-sandler/

https://torrentfreak.com/movie-studio-sues-popcorn-time-users-in-the-u-s-150819/

http://www.ibtimes.com/popcorn-time-lawsuit-cobbler-adam-sandler-flop-sparks-copyright-litigation-spree-2059229

This time, it's not people posting a how-to website, it's people using the popcorn time service. 

This is a whole new level they are taking this, and in my opinion this is very dangerous.

GfWStTZ.jpg

It's over. We've lost. 

The movie?

A fucking adam sandler movie. 

dtYLvmn.jpg

(Rated 9% on rotten tomatoes)

My question is- how are these scumbags gonna prove this? What? An IP? the could be anyone in the household, OR over an open wifi network.

Dude, just shut your mouth. Theives cant call the owners of a product scumbags for rightfully taking whats theirs. You guys are all completely backwards. Kids.. Keep stealing some more and call the people your stealing from scumbags. Makes much sense. God damn the idiocy. 

Speaking of idiots, is there any need to quote the OP and somehow merge your incoherent post within it?

"committing theft" 
czcmmcsfz7pqehjuzmst.jpg

they are accessing digital content without paying for the service and not stealing a bar of chocolate, it should be treated differently, because they may or may not cause any damage, while in a theft damage is certain, uploading the content is a more serious thing, but downloading movies and music isn't even a crime in my country (software is a bit different)

I can understand a fine equivalent to the movies price but why so much.

It is meant to be a punishment to dissuade you and anyone else that hears about this from pirating movies in the future.

It is meant to be a punishment to dissuade you and anyone else that hears about this from pirating movies in the future.

this stopped 0 pirates from stopping

just finding better ways to hide it.

and there is no way this will make it to court.

Speaking of idiots, is there any need to quote the OP and somehow merge your incoherent post within it?

yes there is the need to quote the entire post because i have a problem with the entire post. 

merging my post within it was a mistake, do you know what a mistake is? Im not even bothering to correct it just to irritate you. Because "correctness" bothers you more than the context of whats written.  just like any other degenerate braindead, 15 yr old. 

Incoherent? learn to read, or just shut up.  i dont know what else to tell you there. 

Plenty of mistakes and typos in this response, the amount of faks i give is zero. But to you, you might have a slight seizure. 

and lasty quit stealing shit that aint urs. Dont tell me ya dont coz your lying kid. 

yes there is the need to quote the entire post because i have a problem with the entire post. 

merging my post within it was a mistake, do you know what a mistake is? Im not even bothering to correct it just to irritate you. Because "correctness" bothers you more than the context of whats written.  just like any other degenerate braindead, 15 yr old. 

Incoherent? learn to read, or just shut up.  i dont know what else to tell you there. 

Plenty of mistakes and typos in this response, the amount of faks i give is zero. But to you, you might have a slight seizure. 

and lasty quit stealing shit that aint urs. Dont tell me ya dont coz your lying kid. 

Most of the post pertains to people getting sued for "stealing shit that ain't theirs". I thought that would be up your street.

Calling people "degenerate braindead, 15 yr olds" while being unable to use a simple quote function on a forum, and barely being able to form a sentence, isn't doing much for your argument.

Telling people on a public forum meant for discussion to "shut up" speaks volumes for your comprehension ability. And yes you are somewhat incoherent, just because I can decipher what you are saying, doesn't make you coherent. You gotta meet people half way on that I'm afraid.

Yes, you make plenty of mistakes and typos. See my comment above.

Since we're giving out advice. If you actually want to call out what you perceive as "idiocy", it would carry more weight if you conduct yourself in a way that is not like that of an idiot. As it stands, while your "context" might have some validity behind it, my presumption is that you are stupid. I'm sure you can do better.

Dude, just shut your mouth. Theives cant call the owners of a product scumbags for rightfully taking whats theirs. You guys are all completely backwards. Kids.. Keep stealing some more and call the people your stealing from scumbags. Makes much sense. God damn the idiocy. 

Idiocy? Really? Thanks. 

It's not even defined as stealing by law, this idiot knows. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

this stopped 0 pirates from stopping

just finding better ways to hide it.

and there is no way this will make it to court.

Sure, there will always be piracy, but so far most people haven't been held accountable for pirating such things.

Because there hasn't been any real threat to most people who pirate something people don't really worry that what they are doing could get them in trouble.

If this were somehow to go through (very unlikely) this sets a precedent for other companies to target the people pirating items directly and I'm sure that there are many people who would think again before they clicked that torrent if they knew they could actually face a several thousand dollar fine.

While this may not get through the courts, but sooner or later something will and when it does I'm sure there are many people who will find the risk to great to continue.

Sure, there will always be piracy, but so far most people haven't been held accountable for pirating such things.

Because there hasn't been any real threat to most people who pirate something people don't really worry that what they are doing could get them in trouble.

If this were somehow to go through (very unlikely) this sets a precedent for other companies to target the people pirating items directly and I'm sure that there are many people who would think again before they clicked that torrent if they knew they could actually face a several thousand dollar fine.

While this may not get through the courts, but sooner or later something will and when it does I'm sure there are many people who will find the risk to great to continue.

This type of legal action has been done to death. Targeting specific users and making examples of them didn't work when people used Kazaa, it certainly won't work now. Legal action against websites or filesharing protocols didn't work either, see Napster, Kazaa, Limewire, or the countless bit-torrent trackers that have been shutdown.

There's a number of ways you could crack down on piracy, and it would generally require some pretty harsh government intervention. Force ISPs to implement deep packet inspection, and restrict or throttle any copyrighted material or filesharing protocols (like Bittorrent), create vast and dynamic block lists for websites affiliated with piracy, restrict VPN traffic on domestic internet lines to a slow speed. And possibly some sort of fixed penalty fine (or punitive measure) if you are caught by your ISP sharing copyrighted content.

That's honestly what it would take if you wanted to stop piracy by using "the stick".

This type of legal action has been done to death. Targeting specific users and making examples of them didn't work when people used Kazaa, it certainly won't work now. Legal action against websites or filesharing protocols doesn't work either, ask Napster, Kazaa, Limewire, or the countless bit-torrent trackers that have been shutdown.

There's a number of ways you could crack down on piracy, and it would generally require some pretty harsh government intervention. Force ISPs to implement deep packet inspection, and restrict or throttle any copyrighted material or filesharing protocols (like Bittorrent), create vast and dynamic block lists for websites affiliated with piracy, restrict VPN traffic on domestic internet lines to a slow speed. And possibly some sort of fixed penalty fine (or punitive measure) if you are caught by your ISP sharing copyrighted content.

That's honestly what it would take if you wanted to stop piracy by using "the stick".

same thing with mega upload.

they took it down 

put the guy in jail

hes now out of jail ithink

but he has a new site

mega

doing the exact same thing

onlything that happened in all this was

money was payed, and time was wasted.

your isp doesn't know whos sitting in front of the computer

same thing with mega upload.

they took it down 

put the guy in jail

hes now out of jail ithink

but he has a new site

mega

doing the exact same thing

onlything that happened in all this was

money was payed, and time was wasted.

your isp doesn't know whos sitting in front of the computer

Indeed, the way to beat piracy is to just make "legal services" the more appealing option. And that comes down to reasonable pricing, and availability of content.

Indeed, the way to beat piracy is to just make "legal services" the more appealing option. And that comes down to reasonable pricing, and availability of content.

and better ads.

i don't hate ads

its just most of em suck and are stupidly anoyying. 

Unless it is in America the courts will deny damages claimed for more than the value of ths movie. Dallas Buyers Club LLC tried it here and was instantly dismissed.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Wasn't there a court case precedent where it was established that an IP address is in no way indicative of who is using it?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Is this popcorn time thing using P2P streaming?

In America you can sue for anything, but it doesn't mean it will translate to money or even results.

Also, who would waste bandwidth on this junk? Or electricity? Or time?

No need to call people names. ;)

No need to call people names. ;)

@aesrock is referring to the guy who doesn't know how to use BB code calling me an idiot.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/434422-movie-studio-sues-individual-popcorn-time-users-for-infringement-this-is-not-a-repost/page-3#entry5827463

I dared question the scumbaggery of trying to sue individual users for 150k USD for bootlegging, not uploading, an adam sandler movie. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch