Corsair K70 non-RGB or Strafe (help with first mech keyboard)

Dratini

Hi there, this is my first post on the forum but I have been reading some posts for a while about keyboards.

I'm thinking about buying my first mechanical keyboard but I'm struggling picking the right one. I need spanish layout so my choices are almost limited to Corsair and Ozone (and Ozone's keyboards look awful imo).

I would use it for both typing (coding) and playing video games (altough I'm not a hardcore gamer) and I don't care about RGB leds so my final choice I think its between basic k70 and Strafe (with cherry brown I guess). Strafe costs here only 5€ less so that's irrelevant.

I like the aluminium chasis from k70 but I'm not sure if that make up for the fully programable keyboard (which I don't need but comes handy) with lightnings and those MOBA textured keys (I would use them). Also the backligning looks stronger.

Something relevant I should know before make the final choice? Thanks :)

K70

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Is there a shop near you that you could try typing on them to see what you like better? I've used neither so i cant really say, but that's what I would do.

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

Tough choice. Personally I'd go with the aluminum construction of the K70. However I do see how the features and software of the Strafe are compelling.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Is there a shop near you that you could try typing on them to see what you like better? I've used neither so i cant really say, but that's what I would do.

I have never seen a shop near my town with keyboards above 50€ :(

Also I have read some issues about leds fading out on K70 but I guess that's already solved. Anyway, how long does leds usually work until fading out? I have never tried any keyboard with backlightining but I guess they should work far less time than the keyboard itself

I have the K70 w/ reds and I love it. It feels very nice for my taste.  The wrist rest also is comfortable.

I have never seen a shop near my town with keyboards above 50€ :(

Also I have read some issues about leds fading out on K70 but I guess that's already solved. Anyway, how long does leds usually work until fading out? I have never tried any keyboard with backlightining but I guess they should work far less time than the keyboard itself

I haven't used an LED keyboard ever, but the LEDs on other things have lasted for ages. They're pretty hard wearing and will probably last longer than the keycaps in some cases.

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.