Thoughts on a Corsair or Logitech mouse

watts300

I'm looking to get my kid a new USB mouse for his 14th birthday.   Budget of $60 (not including tax and shipping). 

Corsair M65 and Logitech G502 both look pretty good and are comparably priced. 

Would any one care to opine about the similarities/differences between these two?

G502 over Corsair junk any day

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm looking to get my kid a new USB mouse for his 14th birthday.   Budget of $60 (not including tax and shipping). 

Corsair M65 and Logitech G502 both look pretty good and are comparably priced. 

Would any one care to opine about the similarities/differences between these two?

I have the G502, so I can only speak for that but this mouse is absolutely the best mouse I have ever owned. The sensor on this is fantastic, it tracks soo good! So if I was to choose between the two, G502 all day everyday.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I respect your opinion.  Could you elaborate more on the basis of you considering it "junk"?

My general rule of thumb... Corsair makes things that go inside the case. Logitech makes things that go outside the case. Neither make the case.

G502 HYPE!

Owning it for a about a year, and it's the best i've ever tried, and i've been through a lot of mice...

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

My general rule of thumb... Corsair makes things that go inside the case. Logitech makes things that go outside the case. Neither make the case.

LOL

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Both are great mice honestly. I use the M65 every day and it's a pretty small claw-grip-style mouse. The construction is quite nice and it works nicely for me. I've held the G502 before and it felt quite nice in the hand. It has a few more buttons that you could map to tasks. 

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I'd go for Logitech, I've owned many gaming and non-gaming peripherals from them and it's always worked well. I've had issues with my G27 and my mom had issues with her keyboard that stopped working, both times the support was amazing and I got replacements in just a few days, no hassle.

That being said, I have a K70 keyboard and I love it, more than the G710+ I had previously (but that's mainly because it has Blue switches, and at the time the G710 with Blue didn't exist)

MY g502 arrived from amazon yesterday and I really like it but I can't speak for the m65.

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

Both are great mice honestly. I use the M65 every day and it's a pretty small claw-grip-style mouse. The construction is quite nice and it works nicely for me. I've held the G502 before and it felt quite nice in the hand. It has a few more buttons that you could map to tasks. 

The M65 is physically smaller than the G502?  

He's using a Logitech M500 mouse right now, and the size fits his hand well. 

I respect your opinion.  Could you elaborate more on the basis of you considering it "junk"?

Ok.

Well for one

I (personally) prefer optical sensors to laser, which the Corsair uses

the G502 is excellent build quality. To put it in Edzel's words "built like a tank".

Size wise I think the G502 is a bit bigger.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The M65 is physically smaller than the G502?  

He's using a Logitech M500 mouse right now, and the size fits his hand well. 

Yes, the Corsair M65 is 4.65 inches long and 2.83 inches wide. The G502 is 5.2 inches long and 2.95 inches wide. For comparison, the M500 is 4.96 inches long and 2.72 inches wide.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Ok.

Well for one

I (personally) prefer optical sensors to laser, which the Corsair uses

the G502 is excellent build quality. To put it in Edzel's words "built like a tank".

Size wise I think the G502 is a bit bigger.

Wow...

I'm srsly impressed.

If you could always provide us with those constructive answers instead of that "(Instert brand) is best eva!!!111 everything else sucks!!11"-bs, then that would be really nice.

Wow...

I'm srsly impressed.

If you could always provide us with those constructive answers instead of that "(Instert brand) is best eva!!!111 everything else sucks!!11"-bs, then that would be really nice.

Oh boy, me saying what I like about a mouse

totally "logitex is best evar xD!11!1!!!11!1!!!"

Wow...

I'm srsly impressed.

The OP asked for thoughts... not justifications

Oh boy, me saying what I like about a mouse

totally "logitex is best evar xD!11!1!!!11!1!!!"

"G502 over Corsair junk any day" isn't exactly a great answer. That's why he asked again for an explanation.

The OP asked for thoughts... not justifications

He specificly asked for an explanation why Corsair is "junk".

Thanks for the quick replies. 

I don't have any opinions on Laser versus Optical technology.  I did watch the Tech Quickie video on it a couple minutes ago, but it didn't persuade me in any direction.  

I like the larger size of the Logitech mouse, and also the number of buttons. I don't know if my son would need/want 11 of them, but it's always better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it. 

So based on the physical size, and the replies leaning towards the G502, I'm going to get that one.   

Thanks again, fellas. 

"G502 over Corsair junk any day" isn't exactly a great answer. That's why he asked again for an explanation.

That's personal preference. I generally dislike Corsair's peripherals mainly due to their keyboards. Their mice don't seem exceptional at all.

Obviously there's a bit of hyperbole in that post. they're not literal junk.

One of the reasons I don't like Corsair peripherals is that they command a high price for what they give, much like Apple. (In my opinion Corsair and Razer are much like Apple that way)

Mostly due to the build quality tbh.

Better? :P

That was a subsequent request  ;)

That's personal preference. I generally dislike Corsair's peripherals mainly due to their keyboards. Their mice don't seem exceptional at all.

Obviously there's a bit of hyperbole in that post. they're not literal junk.

One of the reasons I don't like Corsair peripherals is that they command a high price for what they give, much like Apple. (In my opinion Corsair and Razer are much like Apple that way)

Mostly due to the build quality tbh.

Better? :P

Much better! :)

Imagine everyone would write such awesome explenations.

There wouldn't be so many fanboys  <_<

Anyway. Thanks for the answer!  ^_^ 

That was a subsequent request  ;)

Yes that's true.

But he also asked for differences between the mice. "Corsair is junk" isn't exactly a the right answer to that I guess...  :huh: 

The title doesn't contain a question mark, so he did not ask for thoughts.

Yes that's true.

But he also asked for differences between the mice. "Corsair is junk" isn't exactly a the right answer to that I guess...  :huh: 

The title doesn't contain a question mark, so he did not ask for thoughts.

I'm just giving you a hard time

I'm just giving you a hard time

Always a bad idea to do that with a German. We take grammar very seriously  :lol:

Always a bad idea to do that with a German. We take grammar very seriously  :lol:

What dont you guys take seriously?  :P

Out of these two, I‘d recommend the Logitech G502. My favorite mouse ever after going through at least ten different ones, is the Zowie EC1 though.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II