Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5

Solid overview... detailed enough to show that there is absolutely nothing interesting about the case. Kudos Coolermaster for another mediocre product entry into a segment that has no reason to exist.  (I'm sure all the modularity and interchangeability will be just another excuse to overcharge) -_-

Edit: at a price of $150 I will go with a Fractal R5 or Corsair thank you very much.

Does this case support E-ATX motherboards?

If it does then it is the best case I've seen for a while.

Unfortunately it doesn't.  They're possibly releasing a Mastercase Pro 7 in the future, that will support E-ATX, though.  And a Pro 3 for smaller form factors.  So, that is at-least good.  

I'd like to see a pro 9 version of the case that's full tower! I love this case but honestly it doesn't look big enough to fit a custom water loop, or at least fit one comfortably. I'd love to see an optional like pro 5 water version that had like cut outs in the floor for tubing and like more water cooling specific things. Maybe like a pro 5 air and a pro 5 water versions. Just would love to see a case tailor made for water cooling that yeah could do air but is basically designed to do water.

I'd like to see a pro 9 version of the case that's full tower! I love this case but honestly it doesn't look big enough to fit a custom water loop, or at least fit one comfortably. I'd love to see an optional like pro 5 water version that had like cut outs in the floor for tubing and like more water cooling specific things. Maybe like a pro 5 air and a pro 5 water versions. Just would love to see a case tailor made for water cooling that yeah could do air but is basically designed to do water.

Imagine the Master System combined  with HAF stacker modularity for virtually unlimited options for res/radiator placement and storage expansion possibilities.

Imagine the Master System combined with HAF stacker modularity for virtually unlimited options for res/radiator placement and storage expansion possibilities.

DUDE!!!!!!! I couldn't throw money at them fast enough if they made that! I would love to see that as like the Pro 5w for water version and a Pro 5a version for air.

DUDE!!!!!!! I couldn't throw money at them fast enough if they made that! I would love to see that as like the Pro 5w for water version and a Pro 5a version for air.

Upon further review, something like this would probably not work due to the absence of "rails" which are used in the HAF stacker system.  Which is unfortunate.

Honestly, I think you guyz should have worked with Jayz (or that he shoulda worked with you) for this video. Looking at both reviews, it seems that most of the features covered by one where completely absent from the other. Now, don't get me wrong, it's nice to have different points of view, but when comparing, I feel that both videos raised such important points, that a customer wouldn't be able to really decide wether this case is good or not, without watching the 2 videos.

Still, nice work, may more shots be fired.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Case looks cool and I'd like to see a variety of new parts for it. I will say that I hate that Cooler Master puts their goofy looking badge on the front of the case, especially when it is embedded in the grill.

Solid overview... detailed enough to show that there is absolutely nothing interesting about the case. Kudos Coolermaster for another mediocre product entry into a segment that has no reason to exist.  (I'm sure all the modularity and interchangeability will be just another excuse to overcharge) -_-

Edit: at a price of $150 I will go with a Fractal R5 or Corsair thank you very much.

I don't quite understand what they think people want modular for. Ok side window choice is nice (I always prefer none) and so is detachable hard drive docks. But on an already expensive case, what modular parts do they think people will want to be buying? There is just no way you're going to spend $30 more on a new front plate after spending that much already on the case.

However I think the case looks great and the non Pro edition looks like an excellent choice for an air cooled build.

It needs to be able to support a triple 120 rad in the front.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

• 8 months later...

-

Edited by maxgry