K95 RGB MX Brown or Razer Chroma Green

Skander1345
Go to solution Solved by KaminKevCrew,

Thanks that's what I needed. Detailed response. So the chroma is out.

Can you please elaborate on the issues the mx browns have?

Why not get a keyboard with RGB Gateron switches? That, or if you can wait until September, you could get a Ducky Shine 5... It's also RGB, and legitimate Cherry. 

A lot of people (lately) have been saying that Gateron switches are more consistent, and smoother feeling. Plus, you can get them in RGB. 

I'm personally waiting for a Group Buy to happen over on GeekHack that has custom Gateron Switches. Then I'll get them assembled into a keyboard... Also, keep in mind that getting a board built (or doing it yourself) might be a better option. That way you can get SIP sockets for LEDs, which lets you hot swap LEDs, so if one dies, you can easily switch them out, and switching them won't be too much of a burden anyway, since all you need to do is take off the caps and swap LEDs. (That's what I'm doing, anyway, although that being said, I would only be changing LEDs once every few months, rather than daily/hourly. 

That's my 2 cents. 

The reason that I suggest you get one built is that although it's certainly more expensive than a normal keyboard (even a Corsair K95), it would probably end up being cheaper than the two that you'll have ended up with at this point, so you'd be less likely to have issues with LEDs and such in the future. 

Hey guys! So my preferred choice would be the K95 RGB Blues but those aren't sold anymore.

(my k95 rgb blues from the limited run died)

I really like RGB lighting but no cherry mx blues keyboard is provided in RGB

So I'm left with this hard choice:

1) Razer Chroma greens with very similar MX Blue feel.

2) Corsair K95 RGB Browns which aren't MX Blues :( but are made out of aluminium and Cherry MX keys.

pls help.

internal crisis intensifies. 

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

Hey guys! So my preferred choice would be the K95 RGB Blues but those aren't sold anymore.

(my k95 rgb blues from the limited run died)

I really like RGB lighting but no cherry mx blues keyboard is provided in RGB

So I'm left with this hard choice:

1) Razer Chroma greens with very similar MX Blue feel.

2) Corsair K95 RGB Browns which aren't MX Blues :( but are made out of aluminium and Cherry MX keys.

pls help.

internal crisis intensifies. 

I would go membrane before using another Chroma keyboard personally.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I would go membrane before using another Chroma keyboard personally.

How bad is it? More details please :(

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

i wouldnt say a membrane keyboard is better but the kailh switches on the razer keyboard is of cheaper quality than cherry switches also i like the aluminum better than the plastic

and razer synapse is terrible

i wouldnt say a membrane keyboard is better but the kailh switches on the razer keyboard is of cheaper quality than cherry switches also i like the aluminum better than the plastic

and razer synapse is terrible

is it worth sacrificing my love for the blues feel and getting a k95 rgb browns? :/

is it worth sacrificing my love for the blues feel and getting a k95 rgb browns? :/

i personally would got for blues over an rgb keyboard but thats just me. rgb isnt that important to me

RMA your current kb?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

RMA your current kb?

they dont have blues anymore I'd have to get browns if I do

they dont have blues anymore I'd have to get browns if I do

Get the browns then, still gonna be longer lasting and more reliable than Razer's knockoffs

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i personally would got for blues over an rgb keyboard but thats just me. rgb isnt that important to me

I can only find the K70 with the blues in amazon. K95 blues are nowhere to be seen even non rgb ._.

My first Chroma had ghosting and sticking keys 3rd week of owning it, sent it in and got a replacement and that one had ghosting as well after the 1st week and then the keys didn't sound or feel all the same after a few more days. I ended up straight up trading for a Quickfire TK which felt better in every way. Then I went to a K70 RGB as they are not as prone to the issues the RGB keyboards with the Cherry MX brown from Corsair have. 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

My first Chroma had ghosting and sticking keys 3rd week of owning it, sent it in and got a replacement and that one had ghosting as well after the 1st week and then the keys didn't sound or feel all the same after a few more days. I ended up straight up trading for a Quickfire TK which felt better in every way. Then I went to a K70 RGB as they are not as prone to the issues the RGB keyboards with the Cherry MX brown from Corsair have.

Why not get a keyboard with RGB Gateron switches? That, or if you can wait until September, you could get a Ducky Shine 5... It's also RGB, and legitimate Cherry. 

A lot of people (lately) have been saying that Gateron switches are more consistent, and smoother feeling. Plus, you can get them in RGB. 

I'm personally waiting for a Group Buy to happen over on GeekHack that has custom Gateron Switches. Then I'll get them assembled into a keyboard... Also, keep in mind that getting a board built (or doing it yourself) might be a better option. That way you can get SIP sockets for LEDs, which lets you hot swap LEDs, so if one dies, you can easily switch them out, and switching them won't be too much of a burden anyway, since all you need to do is take off the caps and swap LEDs. (That's what I'm doing, anyway, although that being said, I would only be changing LEDs once every few months, rather than daily/hourly. 

That's my 2 cents. 

The reason that I suggest you get one built is that although it's certainly more expensive than a normal keyboard (even a Corsair K95), it would probably end up being cheaper than the two that you'll have ended up with at this point, so you'd be less likely to have issues with LEDs and such in the future. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)