is HDMI 2.0 better or Displayport 1.2 ? for 4k display ?

danielhowk

is HDMI 2.0 better or Displayport 1.2 ? for 4k display ? for 4k 60Hz monitor IPS.

which is faster in general ? 

I think display port is better... A lot of people prefer it and use it... soo maybe :D

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

is HDMI 2.0 better or Displayport 1.2 ? for 4k display ? for 4k 60Hz monitor IPS.

which is faster in general ? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Both support 4K 60HZ all though on most 4K tvs HDMI 2 is much more common on TV's than DP. All modern gpus have a DP connection while most don't have HDMI 2 support. Most monitors that are 4K support displayport.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Pretty sure that DP would be better as it supports FreeSync/G-Sync.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

monitor. my graphic card have both display port and hdmi 2.0

hdmi 2.0 or display port 1.2 is faster ? in transfer rate ? or which is better ? im sure one of it have slighly more edge then the other :)

hdmi 2.0 or display port 1.2 is faster ? in transfer rate ? or which is better ? im sure one of it have slighly more edge then the other :)

I would go with HDMI.

Reasons:

- Cables are cheaper and you can get a long one for much less the Displayport

- Displayport tends to lose the signal as soon as you move the cable, atleast mine does.

- Displayport cables are a pain in the ass to unplug, expecially the one on the monitor.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

They are both the same in terms of end results.

However, DisplayPort has no royalty fees, so they should be sold cheaper than HDMI 2.0 cable. (now if the retailer decides to maximize profits, I can't help you there).

DisplayPort has a latch system to hold properly and in place, so that if the cable move as you move the monitor, the plug won't fall out. This continue the tradition with VGA, and DVI of properly holding your cable. If you have a fully adjustable monitor stand, this is a must.

But in terms of image quality and sound, both sends 0's and 1's.. you won't have any 2's inside.

DisplayPort 1.2 has 20% higher maximum data throughput than HDMI 2.0, but if you're at 4K 60Hz then you're within the limits of both of them so you're not using the extra anyway. DisplayPort can go beyond 4K 60Hz (to about 75Hz) if your monitor supports it, but none do so far.

DisplayPort 1.2 has 20% higher maximum data throughput than HDMI 2.0, but if you're at 4K 60Hz then you're within the limits of both of them so you're not using the extra anyway. DisplayPort can go beyond 4K 60Hz (to about 75Hz) if your monitor supports it, but none do so far.

so best to use display port even though is not gonna matter . right