Which Console Should I Get

ucgummi
Go to solution Solved by Albatross,

Get whichever offers the most exclusives you want or which system offers more to you (like playability with your friends etc). Don't listen to the PCMR people in the thread just blindly suggestioning Wii U because they despise the other systems.

If you tend to like more Nintendo games, get the Wii U. If you see more games for PS4 or Xbox One that you like, get one of those. But in my opinion, as there aren't a lot of games on Wii U just yet, I would suggest PS4. You have friends on it and they will be releasing far more games (as it is right now, I think the PS has a larger library of games), as well as exclusive titles, that you may really wish to play with your friends or just play at all.

At some point I want to get a console.(current pc player) Now I cant decide whether or not i would like to get a ps4 or xone. Now xone has better exclusives like scalebound, halo 5, and crackdown 3 all of which i would like to get. As well as streaming to PC. Now PS4 i have friends who play on it. Though the only exclusive I am interested in is Horizon Zero Dawn. Which should I get.

.... Wii U.

*waddles away*

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Wii U....

Nintendo Exclusives.

*sigh*...

Fury Nano when it comes out. You'll be much happier.

Or a Wii U. I mean, until Dolphin is updated to play Wii U games. They'll run way faster on the PC because the Wii U is x86 based.

Wii U

NONE! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

soory  :( 

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

At some point I want to get a console.(current pc player) Now I cant decide whether or not i would like to get a ps4 or xone. Now xone has better exclusives like scalebound, halo 5, and crackdown 3 all of which i would like to get. As well as streaming to PC. Now PS4 i have friends who play on it. Though the only exclusive I am interested in is Horizon Zero Dawn. Which should I get.

This is the same problem I would face if i buy a console . Halo series are only present on xbox one but yeah ps4 also has a great series , you must be knowing , the uncharted series much better than halo . go for ps4 , much powerful , much sleeker , new technology . Xbox one is only a source of Income of microsoft . They don't concentrate on producing better products

with pc you wont miss a whole bunch from either sony or xbox. Frankly the only company pc cant touch is Nintendo. I always say its good to have a Nintendo box and PC. If you really need a current gen console I would go with xboxone only becuase microsoft is being very pc friendly lately and who knows what is to come down the pipeline. 

I would get Xbox because the exclusives seem better imo.

Plus Halo

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

My friend, you need to go buy some good Indie games on a Steam Sale. You'll forget console exclusives that same instant.

3ds or bust.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

with pc you wont miss a whole bunch from either sony or xbox. Frankly the only company pc cant touch is Nintendo. I always say its good to have a Nintendo box and PC. If you really need a current gen console I would go with xboxone only becuase microsoft is being very pc friendly lately and who knows what is to come down the pipeline. 

actually.  you can emulate Nintendo games real easy on pc. 

I suggest PC.

I had the same dilemma in June last year, my wife offered me the XBO or PS4 as anniversary gift. I read a lot and looked at upcoming titles. I wanted the XBO but every where I read stated that the PS4 is the better gaming console, but the XBO is the better all round package. I had a PC so I figured go for the gaming. Also the upcoming titles on PS4 appealed to me more than XBO's

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

actually.  you can emulate Nintendo games real easy on pc. 

I suggest PC.

Can't emulate Wii U yet though. Or 3DS for that matter.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Can't emulate Wii U yet though. Or 3DS for that matter.

hmm true,  due time. 

Get whichever offers the most exclusives you want or which system offers more to you (like playability with your friends etc). Don't listen to the PCMR people in the thread just blindly suggestioning Wii U because they despise the other systems.

If you tend to like more Nintendo games, get the Wii U. If you see more games for PS4 or Xbox One that you like, get one of those. But in my opinion, as there aren't a lot of games on Wii U just yet, I would suggest PS4. You have friends on it and they will be releasing far more games (as it is right now, I think the PS has a larger library of games), as well as exclusive titles, that you may really wish to play with your friends or just play at all.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

PS4 - browser is playing up lol

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Or a Wii U. I mean, until Dolphin is updated to play Wii U games. They'll run way faster on the PC because the Wii U is x86 based.

the dolphin folks have already publicly stated they wont be patching wiiu into dolphin.

it'll be an entirely different emulator, probably by an entirely different team, probably using a shit ton more system resources.

PC

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Wii u/3DS

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

the dolphin folks have already publicly stated they wont be patching wiiu into dolphin.

it'll be an entirely different emulator, probably by an entirely different team, probably using a shit ton more system resources.

Ah ok.

As to the system resources... The problem that computers have had in the past was that the Wii and the Gamecube used PowerPC instruction sets that whatever CPU you used had to emulate with x86 instructions, which is pretty demanding. The Wii U uses an AMD APU, which is made on an x86 architecture. If done right, with modern Intel CPUs being the x86 monsters that they are, it'll be glorious. Perhaps it'll use Vulkan, too, which would be a treat. (though graphically, GPUs are not the bottleneck when emulating games.)

Sorry, am I being too wishful?

Ah ok.

As to the system resources... The problem that computers have had in the past was that the Wii and the Gamecube used PowerPC instruction sets that whatever CPU you used had to emulate with x86 instructions, which is pretty demanding. The Wii U uses an AMD APU, which is made on an x86 architecture. If done right, with modern Intel CPUs being the x86 monsters that they are, it'll be glorious. Perhaps it'll use Vulkan, too, which would be a treat. (though graphically, GPUs are not the bottleneck when emulating games.)

Sorry, am I being too wishful?

Well considering that xbox emulation has been a fiasco and that's x86... Yes.. But that said, we can hope.

It's funny though that the Wii U and 3ds are the only platforms that truly offer an experience PC can't give you, and yet the arguably the most successful emulator of modern history is Dolphin.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

PS4 because consoles suck and only thing that can make them playable are friends, also its better than xbone in terms of performance

Well considering that xbox emulation has been a fiasco and that's x86... Yes.. But that said, we can hope.

It's funny though that the Wii U and 3ds are the only platforms that truly offer an experience PC can't give you, and yet the arguably the most successful emulator of modern history is Dolphin.

I'm sure that the xbox emulator isn't nearly as tight as the Dolphin emulator is. For what it does, it's a pretty impressive feat. Actually shows what your CPU is capable of (because it takes advantage of just two threads)

and considering how crazy optimized Nintendo's games are, I'd not be surprised if it turned out that the PC ate at the delicious x86 code.

And the 3DS... Maybe not in the US, but in Japan Nintendo slit Sony's throat with that thing.