my experience with apple support

Guest Johnny5g

so i had some issues with my iPad (long story). i called apple support. i did have my worries. this would decide if i would continue being an apple fan boy......... to make a long story short, they did better than i expected. the man didn't seam too technical but his way of fixing it worked. all of my data was deleted but i could reinstall my apps books and songs. on a scale of 1 to 10 i give it a 7.5. there are more pros to talk about but i bet you don't want to know about the cons rather than the pros.. so was it worth it? i would say yes. thanks!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/429214-urgent-i-cant-get-into-my-ipad/ the iPad issue.

A non-technical person reset your device and permanently deleted your data. I'm not saying there was definitely another option, but perhaps escalating it up the chain (from someone who didn't seem "too technical" to someone who did seem a bit more technical) would have resulted in a slightly better outcome.

You rate that a 7.5/10?

A non-technical person reset your device and permanently deleted your data. I'm not saying there was definitely another option, but perhaps escalating it up the chain (from someone who didn't seem "too technical" to someone who did seem a bit more technical) would have resulted in a slightly better outcome.

You rate that a 7.5/10?

yes because it worked and there was a lot of pros to doing this like the guy gave me an exception and let me have support even though i shouldn't have.

*Sigh* Apples "Technical" support is literally a guy at a computer googling things for you. 

Next time plug into itunes or take it to an apple store. 

Also I agree with @amp88 .  He told you to just erase your phone. Not very 'technical' there. At most, he was probably thinking "Oh the easy way out of this is to just reset the device" 

7.5/10? I would be pissed of. 0/10.

Edit: Dont take it to the apple store, they would probably erase it as well lol

Apple iDevice support does often end in a device restore, but that's because of what they are trying to accomplish in my opinion. They know that many of their iDevice users are not very technically inclined and trying to explain how to try every possible option would take forever. That's why a restore is often what happens, because it's fastest and easiest for both the support person and the customer and most times no data is lost as iCloud backups are automatic.

A friend of mine had to change the battery of his MacPro. Apple charged 300 Euros and took almost 3 weeks to do it.... Enough said! 

I have also heard of people who go in with a broken HDD and get ripped off for 150-200 Euros for the repair and wait almost 2 weeks.... 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Bah, that's rather meh......wanna talk about good support? My recent experience with AKG has made me a full blown AKG fanboy. It started when the right side of my K812 went dead, it isn't a cheap can, it's AKG's TOTL can actually and cost a fair bit. Now, I was expecting AKG to charge me 500-700USD to replace the dead driver. Was told by the local distributor that my can had to be shipped to AKG in Austria for assessment. I believe mine was off warranty so I wasn't looking forward to paying for the replacement driver. Admittedly, it took a while (about 6 weeks), but when the local distributor got back to me, I was most pleasantly surprised. AKG offered to replace the spoiled K812 with a BRAND NEW unit! :wub: I had to pay for shipping cost which totaled about 50USD, and that was all! Now, that is awesome support and goodwill if you ask me! :D  They took out a brand new sealed K812 and gave the headphone and cable (fair since I gave them my can and cable as well) and am now an AKG fanboy.....waiting for an excuse to get a closed-back can from them soon.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2