*SOLVED* Why is my build so loud?

Go to solution Solved by 0ld_Chicken,

Hey guys, I have almost finished my build completely. I am wondering why the fans are so damn loud. Like I can hear them through my headphones. I hear it speeding up and down constantly and I am unsure which fans they specifically are.

Here's a list of my specs, case, fans, etc. :

Case: NZXT H440 (White Gloss)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 7

CPU: i7-4790k

GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti

RAM: G.SKILL Sniper 16gb (4 x 4 GB) DDR3 2400MHz

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 750W 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply

Additional fans: COOLER MASTER JetFlo 120 Blue LED Fan x2

CPU Fan: Phanteks PH-TC12DX

I have not removed/unplugged any of the default case fans. But I have added 2 of the COOLER MASTER JetFlo 120 Blue LED Fan to the top of the case.

Please help, it is deafening.

you can adjust the fan setting in your bios or through a program like speedfan or your motherboard might include something.  

Hey guys, I have almost finished my build completely. I am wondering why the fans are so damn loud. Like I can hear them through my headphones. I hear it speeding up and down constantly and I am unsure which fans they specifically are.

I have not removed/unplugged any of the default case fans. But I have added 2 of the COOLER MASTER JetFlo 120 Blue LED Fan to the top of the case.

you can adjust the fan setting in your bios or through a program like speedfan or your motherboard might include something.  

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

CPU Fan? It can get up to 27.6dB

Have you got the silent connector thing on your case fans?

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

You can use speedfan or BIOS, but you built a computer and you dont know which fans you bought?

I would assume it would be the cooler master JET flo's rocking at 36+dBA.  

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

You can use speedfan or BIOS, but you built a computer and you dont know which fans you bought?

I do know which fans I have bought haha. I just don't know much when it comes to cooling ^_^ 

that jet flo at full speed is crazy.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

The H440 Fans run at 100% if plugged into the fan hub in the back. They shouldn't be too loud tbh, I can definitely hear them with open-back headphones but it's not annoying. The loudest part of your system should be the 980ti, that thing will definitely be audible while gaming. And it can create some weird sounds due to air hissing in some places of the case. Maybe you mean that with speeding up and down? Or it could just be those JetFlo fans, I don't know how loud they get but if they are also plugged into the fan hub, they run at 100%. 

I adjusted them in the bios. And they are much quiter! Thank you :) I'm pretty sure it was the jetflo. Hahaha. Running at 100%

It's likely that your fanspeed is set to 100% which is way too much for about everything you do. You can use your BIOS, Speedfan or After Burner to change your fanspeed or set a limit to the speed the fans can spin. You could open AfterBurner and render some video and see the temperatures, or play a very heavy game, this to decide what speed you need. If they are still cold (30-40 Degrees Celsius) set it lower, if they are moderate (40-60 Degrees Celsius) keep it like that, if they are hot (60+ Degrees Celsuis) turn the speed up. I hope this helped, if you tried this and the fans are still too loud, try unpluggins some of the casefans, or buying new fans all togheter.

Technology Entertainment Creativity

Technology Electricity Control

Technology Electronics Computers

I adjusted them in the bios. And they are much quiter! Thank you :) I'm pretty sure it was the jetflo. Hahaha. Running at 100%

no problem!  I love fan control  :)   If you can you should mark it as solved so others know and welcome to LTT!  it can be convenient to follow your own posts so you get notifications when people respond but its not necessary

no problem!  I love fan control  :)   If you can you should mark it as solved so others know and welcome to LTT!  it can be convenient to follow your own posts so you get notifications when people respond but its not necessary

Awesome! Will do. It's my first day on the site haha. And it's amazing so far. I wish I would have joined sooner. Thanks for the help! And to everyone else too <3