60Hz vs 144Hz

Cesn3G

HI y'all,

just wondering if u can tell difference between these two outside of gaming? if not, Im proly gonna go for the IPS.

uhh... You can tell the difference between 60 and 75. so the difference between 60 and 144 is much larger. Edit: you can use some programs to re render movies at a higher framerate and its awesome.

uhh... You can tell the difference between 60 and 75. so the difference between 60 and 144 is much larger. Edit: you can use some programs to re render movies at a higher framerate and its awesome.

What do you mean to re-render? Like process a movie I already have in my computer to be seen at 144Hz ?

HI y'all,

just wondering if u can tell difference between these two outside of gaming? if not, Im proly gonna go for the IPS.

Yes you certainly can notice. But you can have IPS and 144Hz with either the Acer XB270HU or upcoming Asus PG279Q. 

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

What do you mean to re-render? Like process a movie I already have in my computer to be seen at 144Hz ?

I know of one that does 60, not sure if it supports other framerates. 

try this. make sure to set youtube to 60hz.

I know of one that does 60, not sure if it supports other framerates. <snip> try this. make sure to set youtube to 60hz.

Certainly supports up to 120Hz (I run that at the moment), I can imagine the 144Hz monitor will support it too.

Also, to clarify: What SVP does is interpolates the standard 24fps (or whatever the original video frame rate is) to the highest refresh rate your monitor can handle, in my case it's 120Hz and in most other people's case it's 60Hz. It does so by blurring frames 1  >  2 into 1>1>1>2>2 (for 120Hz, for 144Hz it would be 1>1>1>2>2>2). This gives the illusion that the video is playing smoother because it is eliminating the obvious jumping between frames.

Bit of a hijack but I am an avid user of SVP and I think it's brilliant - definitely give it a good go.

But to answer your question - I'm an advocate of higher refresh rates, so 144Hz gets my vote. General use does feel snappier and smoother, and you can notice a massive difference with the cursor.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

Sweet, just about what I wanted and needed to know, because I also use really high DPS when playin MOBA and it sometimes makes me troubles when programming (marking and doing stuff with the code, ofc..) or just tryin to click small button anywhere. Since I got TN monitor right now i guess the color are going to be better anyways cuz this one is Samsung SyncMaster2343 and really is a old monitor, but you know, it's really useful to have 2 monitor whenever doing anything else than gaming :)

what program do you use? sounds awesome , also is it legal? lol 

Smooth Video Project: http://www.svp-team.com/ It works with most desktop media players, sadly NOT VLC...

nice,  so just curious on your opinion, why do you think movie theaters show at such low frame rates?

I know of one that does 60, not sure if it supports other framerates. 

try this. make sure to set youtube to 60hz.

Nice example, too bad it's anime lol  :(

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

probably because some actually use film still.

When I got to the cinema, i want to have a experience I don't have at home so most of the times I only go to Imax-movies  :P

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

But... $

There are sometimes promotion at supermarkets when you get a free cinema coupons when buying 2 Nivea shampoos or whatever, so that's when you stockpile them. Now the Imax 3D glasses are reuseable and if you bring them everytime with you the extra fee is only 2.50 :)

Or you can get unlimited cinema-subscription for 18€/month which isn't that bad either.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

But... $

Is Imax really that expensive over the bright blue?

Over in the UK it's not much more expensive than standard in my experience.

---

My stand on the whole Hz thing is that despite being a heavy gamer, im not hardcore enough for 144Hz yet not enough of a typical PC user for 30Hz. 60Hz sits nice and in between and the price to personal satisfaction ratio has always been pretty good. Maybe in the future when I have the money to build a beast PC I'll add that on there.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Is Imax really that expensive over the bright blue?

Over in the UK it's not much more expensive than standard in my experience.

---

My stand on the whole Hz thing is that despite being a heavy gamer, im not hardcore enough for 144Hz yet not enough of a typical PC user for 30Hz. 60Hz sits nice and in between and the price to personal satisfaction ratio has always been pretty good. Maybe in the future when I have the money to build a beast PC I'll add that on there.

I managed to push my old monitor to 100 hz on single link DVI. does it like doing it? no. Do I care? Not in any way at all. I still think 75hz is a hood happy medium.

i owned an asus 144hz monitor and the difference was night and day for gaming.

Windows 10 Latest Build
RAID 0 Samsung SSD 970 2tb EVO's (4Tb Store)
RTX 3090
9900k DELIDDED with custom copper Rockitcool @ 5ghz 
H150i RGB PRO XT
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory 1.35v XMP Profile
Phanteks PH-P1200PS 80+ Platinum - Built-in Power Splitter 1200W Fully Modular

Z390 DESIGNARE (rev. 1.0)
Top Mon #2 ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q | NVIDIA G-Sync 100hz

Bottom Mon #1 Alienware Overclocked Refresh Rate #AW3418DW G-Sync 120hz

Server: 2019 DataCenter Edition, 42TB Store RAID 6 | WD Gold Enterprise Class 7200 RPM,SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache

i owned an asus 144hz monitor and the difference was night and day for gaming.

+1 it is truly an amazing difference

Intel i5 3570K. Cooler Master Seidon 120V. Asus P8Z77-V LK. Corsair vengeance LP 8GB. EVGA GTX 980 TI ACX 2.0+ SC. Seasonic M12-II 750w. NZXT H440. Crucial BX100 250GB. Corsair Neutron 64GB SSD. Seagate 1TB. Razer Death Adder 2013. Razer Blackwidow Tournament. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 ohm/Mod Mic 4.0. FiiO E10K DAC. Steelseries QCK+. Benq XL2430T@144Hz. 2x Dell U2414H. Phone Sony Xperia Z3